zskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

Brady could probably carve out another couple good years as a game manager, but his throws are clearly not what they used to be. He needs more talent around him now than Belichick has provided lately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I got today completely wrong.

I think we will still get the Chiefs-Ravens AFC Championship game though the Titans will give the Ravens all they can handle.

it would be a major bummer if either the Titans or Texans make it to the AFC championship 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

Brady could probably carve out another couple good years as a game manager, but his throws are clearly not what they used to be. He needs more talent around him now than Belichick has provided lately.

Yes, curious that Bill hasn't given much on the outside other than taking fliers on guys who are a risk.  

Posted (edited)

Ding dong the wicked old witch is dead.  Pats just flat out suck without Gronk.  Thank goodness.  Now we get treated to some of the new stars of the NFL.  Games will be exciting to watch.  

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If there is to be an upset tomorrow, it will be the Eagles.  We know the Vikings are going to get blown out by the Saints and Kirk will have his usual big game stats.  0 Tds Multiple Interceptions.  Maybe multiple fumbles also. 

24 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Brady is done. 

In the post game interview Brady said/indicated he is not done yet. 

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

He may think that but next year, wherever he plays will be his worst year.  Father Time will tell him, you're done!

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He may think that but next year, wherever he plays will be his worst year.  Father Time will tell him, you're done!

Except he knows how to take care of his body and still has really quick release and can throw 20 yards without any problems. Brady is not know for long bombs down the field anyways. He moves the chains 10-15 yards at a time. The question is: Is Belichick is done?

Wish the damn Patriots won, mostly because I bet on both the Texans and Chiefs to win the AFC earlier today. Ravens would've played the Texans and Chiefs would've played the Patriots. Oh well.

$25 on the Texans +3000 to win $750. While I don't expect them to beat the Chiefs, they have the offensive weapons to give them a run. Chiefs defense isn't exactly lock down.

I gotta admit I never seen that before - the way the Titans were allowed to repeatedly self-inflict intentional penalties against themselves with about 5 minutes left, all the while running time off the clock with each penalty.

I thought the clock stopped with penalties ?

Or is that only with under 2 minutes to play ?

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Definitely not his last game.

Clearly he has barely lost a step.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I gotta admit I never seen that before - the way the Titans were allowed to repeatedly self-inflict intentional penalties against themselves with about 5 minutes left, all the while running time off the clock with each penalty.

I thought the clock stopped with penalties ?

Or is that only with under 2 minutes to play ?

The Patriots did it earlier this year. I think the clock should stop after every penalty. They need to change that rule. It may extend the game, but it might also force guys to pay closer attention and tighten up on mistakes. 

• Like 1

Just now, abdcskins said:

The Patriots did it earlier this year. I think the clock should stop after every penalty. They need to change that rule. It may extend the game, but it might also force guys to pay closer attention and tighten up on mistakes. 

I was also wondering why the defense doesn't just decline the penalty, so the offense doesn't continue to give themselves "advantages"

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I was also wondering why the defense doesn't just decline the penalty, so the offense doesn't continue to give themselves "advantages"

I'm not sure if you can decline a false start penalty, which was one of them. You can definitely decline a delay of game, but then the offense can keep running the clock regardless cuz they will still have the ball. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

but then the offense can keep running the clock regardless cuz they will still have the ball. 

You're right - that's a really bad rule.

So the Titans did an intentional false start in between the 2 intentional delay of games, so they don't have consecutive DOG's, and get unsportsmanlike.

Clearly they took full advantage of all the loopholes.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I am shocked. Patriots loss feels like a Suoer Bowl win for the rest of the league.  They have always been the Jason / Freddy bogeyman who cause other teams to fumble, drop interceptions and line up incorrectly on key plays.  

Even for the defender to score the final pick-6.... felt like 4D chess because they could have a shorter field.  He could have kneeled and game over.  

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, zskins said:

Except he knows how to take care of his body and still has really quick release and can throw 20 yards without any problems.

That's not what I saw last night. Any throw over 10 yards was fluttery and not quite on target. Guys had to reach for them.

He's still a starting caliber QB, but he can't lift up subpar talent around him, the way he could before. If Bob Kraft wants to win another SB with Brady, he's going to have to force Belichick to invest in skill players on offense.

I don't think Brady will move elsewhere if he continues to play.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 2

He needs to retire. TB12 ain't gonna save you from a kill shot, even in todays softer, friendlier league.

Wall away the greatest ever, no major injuries, and good vibes all around.