Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

24 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

What’s really dumb about teams is how little they know and teach the rules. Once the QB leaves the pocket you can mug the receivers without penalty but no one knows that.

I bet Belichicks players know it. Probably why they always beat running QBs but had a problem with Foles.

I can't stress enough how stupid this pass interference challenge thing is this year.  

If you thought screwy pass interference calls were a problem, then put the refs through a class or something, don't put this dumb rule that drags the game out, they will never overturn, and only KEEPS the refs thinking they made the right call.  It's as counter productive as it gets.

The Colts annoy me. They're doing everything right, everyone knows they're going to run it, and they still succeed every time. When it's 5 yards from the endzone, do a trick play and make it 3rd and 10. Jeez, don't do the fancy stuff so close to the endzone.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

"Of course you have to go for it there on 4th"

Really ? There's plenty of time to get the ball back, with just under 6 minutes left, and all you need is one score.

But the Colts defense is playing great, and you give it right back to them on your 30, and most likely, now you're gonna need 2 scores to catch up

I was thinking the same thing.  That was a bad place to gamble, especially considering how bad their blocking has been.  

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

"Of course you have to go for it there on 4th"

Really ? There's plenty of time to get the ball back, with just under 6 minutes left, and all you need is one score.

But the Colts defense is playing great, and you give it right back to them on your 30, and most likely, now you're gonna need 2 scores to catch up

The Colts just chewed up 7-8 minutes with only run plays. I'd much rather trust Mahomes than their defense, and in the end, they didn't even trust Mahomes with it lol

Just for reference on how bad our D-coordinators have been, and maybe scouts who have drafted for this team:

The 49ers defense has lost: Patrick Willis, Navarow Boman, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Ruben Foster, their entire secondary etc etc etc....yet within a few seasons they are back to being absolute beasts. 

In the modern day NFL, it is  not a 5-10 year project to rebuild a team.  Only for an inept front office like Washington's.  Allen's presser today gave me no confidence they have learned their lessons.

I have not bought into Jimmy G as a franchise QB yet. I think he might ultimately hold this team back once they play better teams. 

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

49ers looming like a legit team.  Dominating the Browns to this point.  Browns have a lot of talent to be playing this poor.  

Niners look like they are toying with the Browns.  

The NFC West is an exciting division right now.  You have the budding rivalry between Kyle Shanahan & McVay, with Pete Carroll ready to feud with both of them, and then a fiesty coach & QB in Arizona trying to build themselves up. 

Sports media so badly wants young QB's to be the "next generation" that they will overly-praise small things as if they are some kind of huge indicator of how their careers will turn out.

I had to jump in the car and go grab my daughter from school, I heard more excitement from the 49ers play by play guys then I have heard for anything Redskins all season.

Archived