Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Dallas gets their wake up call, they are a good team, maybe even very good, but they can STFU with all the Superbowl Talk after beating up on 3 of the worst teams in the NFL.

Agreed.

I could've sworn your name was NorCalMike, like you live in northern California.  Did you change it or something?  Maybe I'm just tripping.

Just now, abdcskins said:

Agreed.

I could've sworn your name was NorCalMike, like you live in northern California.  Did you change it or something?  Maybe I'm just tripping.

Nope, I have always been NoCal....but you are correct it is for Northern California so I  might be the same guy.  When I was a teenager I was a big Jim Rome fan and on that show they always said "NoCal" (to counter the SoCal) instead of "NorCal" which has taken over as the more popular way to say it.

Unbelievable how well my Saints have responded to this adversity... I was happy with 4-4 until Brees comes back and we are already halfway there and with any luck will in an even better position.  Honestly wondering how long this D can last though.  Bridgewater and the passing attack are going to need to elevate their game at some point if they want to continue to win.

41 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Nope, I have always been NoCal....but you are correct it is for Northern California so I  might be the same guy.  When I was a teenager I was a big Jim Rome fan and on that show they always said "NoCal" (to counter the SoCal) instead of "NorCal" which has taken over as the more popular way to say it.

Interesting, I didn't know that about Rome, or about people calling it NoCal.  I live in SoCal haha, and people here have always called it NorCal.  Maybe that's why I misread your name.

25 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Unbelievable how well my Saints have responded to this adversity... I was happy with 4-4 until Brees comes back and we are already halfway there and with any luck will in an even better position.  Honestly wondering how long this D can last though.  Bridgewater and the passing attack are going to need to elevate their game at some point if they want to continue to win.

Do you think the lack of downfield passing game with Bridgewater is by design or is Teddy simply missing opportunities for bigger plays?

12 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Interesting, I didn't know that about Rome, or about people calling it NoCal.  I live in SoCal haha, and people here have always called it NorCal.  Maybe that's why I misread your name.

Most people misread it and say "NorCalMike"  it doesn't bother me though, same difference, same meaning etc etc....

20 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Do you think the lack of downfield passing game with Bridgewater is by design or is Teddy simply missing opportunities for bigger plays?

Most people misread it and say "NorCalMike"  it doesn't bother me though, same difference, same meaning etc etc....

In the Seattle game, I'm pretty sure it was by design as we went up by a few scores early, Payton decided to play it safe and it worked.

Tonight, I think there may have been a few deep routes.  But there also wasn't alot of time to throw as the protection wasn't there so you hard to blame Bridgewater.  

I'm also a little miffed at the SNF crew.  The Cowboys go up by a whopping 1 point, and they start showing the Saints bagheads.  That was pretty bush league. 

10 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Dallas gets their wake up call, they are a good team, maybe even very good, but they can STFU with all the Superbowl Talk after beating up on 3 of the worst teams in the NFL.

Exactly.

The first three weeks, they played three bad teams with three bad defenses.

Now they finally play a good team (even without Brees) with a good defense and they show where they really are.

I expect to see a lot less cowboy gear around town this week. :)

The Cowboys are still a good team, but not really an elite juggernaut. They did what they were supposed to do and feast on three weak opponents, but they aren't really a 13/14 win team. They're most likely a 10/11 win team but might hit 12+ wins because of schedule.

But the NFC is really up in the air. Not sure who the best team is. Rams lost to the Bucs at home. Packers lost to the Eagles at home who lost to the Lions at home. I like the Lions, but are they really the cream of the crop? They did almost knock off the Chiefs. 49ers are still undefeated but I'm not sold on them yet either.

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

But the NFC is really up in the air. Not sure who the best team is. Rams lost to the Bucs at home. Packers lost to the Eagles at home who lost to the Lions at home. I like the Lions, but are they really the cream of the crop? They did almost knock off the Chiefs. 49ers are still undefeated but I'm not sold on them yet either.

My Superbowl pick was New Orleans vs. Kansas City.  When Brees went down I got a little nervous, however, they are now 2-0 in Brees absence. I figured if they could go .500 while Brees heals up, they could go on a run once Brees returns.  The Falcons sucking has really kept the division in play for the Saints despite Brees being out for now. 

Archived