Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

The packers are too afraid of the pass rush and they are trying too hard to be cute with screens and whatnot.

They need to attack downfield.  Because this trickery at the LOS is going to go nowhere.  

I’d try rolling Rodgers one way or the other and trying to hit a few crossing routes between the LB and safeties.  

Just dropping Rodgers back against this rush is a recipe for catastrophe.

Though if this holds up, the SB matchup of the chiefs offense against the 49ers defense will be. Lot of fun to watch.  Because I don’t think Reid and Maholmes are going to back down.  They’ll come after them.  

And while the Chiefs probably haven’t seen a defense as good as the 49ers, rhe 49ers haven’t seen an offense like the Chiefs either.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The packers are too afraid of the pass rush and they are trying too hard to be cute with screens and whatnot.

They need to attack downfield.  Because this trickery at the LOS is going to go nowhere.  

I’d try rolling Rodgers one way or the other and trying to hit a few crossing routes between the LB and safeties.  

Just dropping Rodgers back against this rush is a recipe for catastrophe.

Though if this holds up, the SB matchup of the chiefs offense against the 49ers defense will be. Lot of fun to watch.  Because I don’t think Reid and Maholmes are going to back down.  They’ll come after them.  

And while the Chiefs probably haven’t seen a defense as good as the 49ers, rhe 49ers haven’t seen an offense like the Chiefs either.  

I think the 49ers will absolutely destroy them. They did pretty well against baltimore and new orleans

Just now, thebeermonkey said:

I think the 49ers will absolutely destroy them. They did pretty well against baltimore and new orleans

The Ravens game was played in a hurricane.

The Saints game was an epic shootout.  

The Chiefs offense is more diverse than either of those offenses.  

And the Chiefs defense is better than the Saints. I know.  I watch a lot of the Saints.  My wife’s team.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So far the game plan on offense has not been good enough.  And the execution has been horrid.

Lafleur is being taken to the woodshed by his mentor.  

It’s also a study on why you take Chase Young and don’t get cute. You can never have enough pass rushing defensive linemen.

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, that decision was one where, if you recognize that you're an underdog and have guts, you gotta take your shot.

LaFleur is coaching in his second playoff game and 18th game total.  

He’ll get more comfortable, I think, over time.  

————————

If it was me, and it’s not, I go 100% WCO style quick game and go with a lot of tempo and put the game in Rodger’s hands. 

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Ravens game was played in a hurricane.

The Saints game was an epic shootout.  

The Chiefs offense is more diverse than either of those offenses.  

And the Chiefs defense is better than the Saints. I know.  I watch a lot of the Saints.  My wife’s team.  

Chiefs are good at Arrowhead. 49'ers, if they win, will be a tall order for the Chiefs, away from home. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

San Fran’s  defensive front is doing the Packers and Rodgers the same way they did Kirk and the Vikings.  Rodgers is running for his life, and they can’t run the ball either.

Until this drive.

Jones is running all over the 49ers

Archived