Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

Houston is playing single high safety, and KC is killing them across the middle. Chiefs just have too many weapons, and a QB that can extend plays, run, and throw to any spot on the field. Game over.

Sorry, O’Brien needs to go after this. The team has been a massive playoff disappointment for quite some time. 2-4 now in his tenure. No excuse. He’s got the team, the talent, the experience... just flat outcoached. This is worse than it looks. Take away the muffed punt, the numerous drops and the blocked punt and it’s a 30 point game. KC learned from their mistakes, O’Brien doesn’t know how.

Done.

Just now, zskins said:

The Ravens would have been a better match for the Chiefs in the Conference game. 

Maybe but they got linked by that Titans D.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Sorry, O’Brien needs to go after this. The team has been a massive playoff disappointment for quite some time. 2-4 now in his tenure. No excuse. He’s got the team, the talent, the experience... just flat outcoached. This is worse than it looks. Take away the muffed punt, the numerous drops and the blocked punt and it’s a 30 point game. KC learned from their mistakes, O’Brien doesn’t know how.

Done.

Maybe but the chiefs are just better. 

tough to put this on O’Brien.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I've legit never seen the NFL look easier for a QB season after season than Mahomes

A lot of that is Andy Reid but damn. 

Hes really super good. And then you look at who he is throwing to and it gets a bit stupid. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The problem with KC is they don’t really have a “run the clock” offense.

They just need to keep being aggressive.

They score too quick

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Maybe but they got linked by that Titans D.

Maybe but the chiefs are just better. 

tough to put this on O’Brien.

Tough to not put this on O’Brien:

Consistently late getting in play calls prompting unnecessary time outs

Kicking the field goal with all the momentum up 21-0 instead of keeping your foot on the pedal

A poorly timed fake punt with no momentum on your side

no adjustments on Kelce 

Poor POOR tackling which is ALWAYS on the coach

SIX years with Prime Watt and a whopping 2 playoff wins to show for it.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Done.

I don't think he's a very good coach, so no real argument there.

But I think you're overstating the level of talent. They have Watson, who's very good but not quite elite, imo. They have a top-notch WR corps, an OK Line. Their D talent is middle of the pack. RBs are below average.

Maybe they'd all look better with a better coach, and it would be a move I'd applaud. But it's not like you'd expect this team's talent to be romping thru the playoffs generally.

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2

I’m no conspiracy theory guy, but I’ve never watched a game that felt so fixed. Up 28-0 with a 4th and 1 on the opposing teams 10. You then call timeout, kick the field goal and the rest of the game is downhill from there. Just super-weird I guess.

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I’m no conspiracy theory guy, but I’ve never watched a game that felt so fixed. Up 28-0 with a 4th and 1 on the opposing teams 10. You then call timeout, kick the field goal and the rest of the game is downhill from there. Just super-weird I guess.

I’m no conspiracy theory guy either but the score was 21-0 with a 4th and 1 upcoming.

but aside from completely boffing score, please enlighten us as to what was fixed? Houston decided they wanted to lose? I’m dying to hear yet another asinine fan theory on how the league is rigged. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Why fake a punt on your own 30 up 24? That’s the turn

• Like 1