Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

The cheatriots can't play endlessly vs AFC East opponents and subpar teams. :744:

Second easiest strength of schedule :rofl89:

Opponents' combined 2018 record

T-27     

New England Patriots

120-134-2

Washington Redskins

119-135-2

20 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I thought it was crazy to just sit on the ball and let Vinatieri try a 50+ yarder last week, but it worked. This week, same scenario but 40+ yarder, not so much.

Time to retire, and time for his coach to realize he aint the guy he used to be.

Vinatieri is so old that all of the guys going into the HOF came into the league after he was already playing for the Patriots. He even had a SB ring before Ed Reed was drafted. He actually predates Tony Gonzalez, Randy Moss, Jason Taylor, Brian Urlacher, and Champ Bailey also.

Makes Tom Brady seem like a spring chicken.

20 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Andy Reid is going to pitch Matt Moore to Snyder after the season, you heard it here first.

Not first man, check this weeks game prediction thread for the Bills game where I made the exact same prediction a week ago. :P

13 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Last year I thought he was a short lived gimmick. I don't know how long his career goes with running around like that, but it's just stunning what he can do.

He's basically RG3.1 with RG3 sitting on the bench reminiscing about the days before he demanded to the coach that he wanted to be a pocket passer.

So far I've seen 3 QB hits.

-Giants knock Dak down just after he lets the ball go-roughing the passer penalty (to negate a hold)

-Dallas drills Jones as full speed-no flag (sack)

-Dallas plants Jones into the turf with all the defender's weight right after he lets it fly-no flag

Not saying any of them deserve a flag, just interesting that only one of the hits, and probably the lightest of the 3 hits, draws a flag.

23 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

So far I've seen 3 QB hits.

-Giants knock Dak down just after he lets the ball go-roughing the passer penalty (to negate a hold)

-Dallas drills Jones as full speed-no flag (sack)

-Dallas plants Jones into the turf with all the defender's weight right after he lets it fly-no flag

Not saying any of them deserve a flag, just interesting that only one of the hits, and probably the lightest of the 3 hits, draws a flag.

noticed the same in this game and all season.  Some of the roughing calls are simply embarrassing to the league.  Then as you point out it leaves fans confused when a legit hit that could be called happens and no call. The league has some big issues with flags.  

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

noticed the same in this game and all season.  Some of the roughing calls are simply embarrassing to the league.  Then as you point out it leaves fans confused when a legit hit that could be called happens and no call. The league has some big issues with flags.  

I loved that right after the 2nd hit on Jones they panned the camera to the crowd where a couple of people were openly asking where the **** the rouging flag was.

I laughed.

I was following the game on ESPN gamecast.  Also following on the reddit nfl game thread.  When the Giants are driving down the field to extend their lead.  Then, I see a massive stream of comments on reddit about"The CAT scores a TD!".  "Awesome, Cat with the TD!".  I assumed that some guy nicknamed "Cat" on the Giants scored a TD.  So, I switch to a computer game and stop following the Cowboys game thinking the Giants game is going to be a replay of the Jets game.  Total fubar performance.

I have not seen the video yet, but I have reviewed the play by play.   So, was there an actual feline cat on the field?  I feel a bit silly about the frustration I felt the last 30 min or so.

7 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I have not seen the video yet, but I have reviewed the play by play.   So, was there an actual feline cat on the field?  I feel a bit silly about the frustration I felt the last 30 min or so.

A black cat made it out to the field to the 50 yard line and then to the end zone for the TD and then was made to go back to the locker room/tunnel... it was funny/amusing as hell though. lol

Archived