Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

Matt LaFleur is not having a really good  start to his coaching career.  

So I was about to say Rodgers didn’t play in preseason at all, with a new HC and play caller, and presumably at least somewhat of a new offense.

I think that’s probably a mistake 

56 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's on NBC ? Cool.

Though I'm likely to lose power shortly after Dorian hits any minute now.

Do you surf? I hear there are going to be some bodacious waves.  

J/k

Be safe. 

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Do you surf? I hear there are going to be some bodacious waves.  

J/k

Be safe. 

I would do something like that, but they're anal about that in this area. On a mandatory evacuation, which is in effect on all the beaches in the entire area, you can get arrested just for being there.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would do something like that, but they're anal about that in this area. On a mandatory evacuation, which is in effect on all the beaches in the entire area, you can get arrested just for being there.

Just think of it as hide and seek for adults.  Maybe the police will have a sense of humor about it!

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What a sloppy ass ugly game this has been so far.

I totally understand the concept of hardly playing your starters all preseason but I don't understand how they can all be 100% ready and in sync by Week 1 with that strategy.  

Rodgers looks like he hasn’t played a game in 8 months.  He has missed at least 2 open receivers just with bad throws.  

You’ve got to play a little bit in preseason just to get the timing back a bit. 

I played tennis growing up.  You could practice all you wanted, but that first match after a bit of a break was always an adventure because everything was just faster.... and you just couldn’t replicate it in practice even if you were practicing against players you played in tournaments. It was weird but true...

——————

I want to go on record saying I was joking and surfing in a hurricane is a terrible idea. 

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Rodgers looks like he hasn’t played a game in 8 months.  He has missed at least 2 open receivers just with bad throws.  

You’ve got to play a little bit in preseason just to get the timing back a bit. 

I played tennis growing up.  You could practice all you wanted, but that first match after a bit of a break was always an adventure because everything was just faster.... and you just couldn’t replicate it in practice even if you were practicing against players you played in tournaments. It was weird but true...

I want to go on record saying I was joking and surfing in a hurricane is a terrible idea. 

Well so much for that, Rodgers woke up all of a sudden.  I was all ready to agree with you, too.  :ols:

Watching the Bears bringing 6 on 3rd and long... vs the great Rodgers backed up.

I suspect you won't see our defense doing that very often. I am still preparing for bend don't break. Another failed aspect of BDB247 is early in the year the passing games are rusty.   Defenses should swarm offenses and QBs to start year/early in games.  And then pull back to change it up.

Rush 3 drop 8 Zone 3rd and long converted.... bye bye laptops.  I feel like we set some sort of futility record allowing long conversions.

3 hours ago, Nerm said:

I am irrationally pumped up for the season to start, even though I don't usually watch many games live.  I can't believe I am less than two hours away from complaining online about all the excessive commercials making the game unwatchable.

Ok, true story.  I'm streaming on my phone from nbc sports. Com.  There were two times in the first half where they went to commercial following a punt... Then did not come back from commercial until the other team had their drive and punted.  They played commercials instead of an offensive drive... Twice!

The commercials LITERALLY made the game unwatchable for me.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

84 yards of offense for Chicago.

As Bram Weinstein refers to him, “that Mitch guy” isn’t locked in.

But that defense is legitimate.  

It it reminds me a bit of the Buddy Ryan Eagles.  Buddy told Randall Cunningham and the offense to do 2 or 3 good things a game and they’d win the game on defense. 

Rodgers is one of the best QBs in the game and he’s basically been shut out minus one drive.  

Archived