Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

4 hours ago, Destino said:

Derrick Henry has run for a total of 377 yards (5.7ypc) in just two playoff games.  Pats finished the season 6th in fewest rushing yards allowed.  Baltimore was 5th. 

That is outrageous. Oof. 

Ummm the titans are gonna win the superbowl!..the way they manhandled the ravens I dont see anyone else that can beat them...wow!!...no wonder why cooleyfan's brother in law?..or was it brother? that switched over to being a titans fan..when its us tho in a couple years he ain't allowed back lol jk

It's why we need Adrian Peterson back folks!!

9 hours ago, zskins said:

I want to see the Chiefs in the SB anyways and felt the Ravens might stand in their way. Reid deserves a win after being in the post season 27 times and nothing to show for.

My buddy mentioned something about beings it's the 100th year a chiefs packers superbowl could be in the works..than the titans said ummm excuse me lol...im rooting for reid..if the chiefs..yes..upset the titans I hope for reid to win the superbowl.

I am still laughing at Ballless going heavy jumbo and expecting Lamar to get a yard up the gut running into a brick wall, Twice.  Why not motion out 4 wide, and then try the sneak. Or go PAP to their stud TE's. Bah what do we lowly fans know.

About the best the ravens did was call timeout and not fall victim to the same time milking exploit that the Titans had run on Belly the week before.

Hats off to Vrabel. His game planning beat the Ravens more than Henry did. Henry was merely the foot on the neck. The game was won by game planning against Lamar, and staking a lead.

54 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

This year is definitely setting up for another one of those "you don't need a franchise QB to win the SB" years.

49ers/Titans

Tannehill running for his life and Henry running all over the field, that would be very entertaining imo.

I hadn't watched much of the Ravens this year since they typically played in the same time slot as the Redskins.

It struck me yesterday that the Ravens' skill players were subpar except for Lamar and Ingram. Pretty much the same situation the Ravens have been in for a long time, where they can't find competent WRs.

The offense seemed to be "let's hope Lamar can do some amazing thing." A couple times he did, but many of his throws were slightly off and his receivers mostly did nothing to help.

9 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Theres no such thing as “due”. Some win, some don’t. 

eh, I think there’s a law of averages in a lot of cases where things regress to the mean. Reid is a really good coach and it’s not like he’s never won playoff games (like Marvin Lewis).  He got the eagles to the nfc championship game 4 times I believe, Chiefs last year.  

At some point he’s due for a big win. 

This playoffs must be killing Grant and Danny. They spent months telling their listeners that the old NFL is dead. You have to be a passing team to win now. Well. the winning playoff formula is a dominate DL and running the football. It always has been and it always will be. Keep your opponents high power offense off the field by running the ball. Get a turnover or two with a dominate defense and you get what you had yesterday.

36 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This playoffs must be killing Grant and Danny. They spent months telling their listeners that the old NFL is dead. You have to be a passing team to win now. Well. the winning playoff formula is a dominate DL and running the football. It always has been and it always will be. Keep your opponents high power offense off the field by running the ball. Get a turnover or two with a dominate defense and you get what you had yesterday.

I promise they haven’t noticed. 

And it’s not entirely a false narrative, except for the Titans.  The Ravens could throw the ball, Seattle throws the ball, the 49ers can throw the ball. 

The only team in the playoffs that just can’t throw at all is the Titans.  The rest are either balanced or pass heavy (chiefs).

12 hours ago, zskins said:

I blame the high winds in Baltimore for the Ravens demise. 

I blame the fact all Harbaughsbare ****s and karma is a ****.  

54 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

There is about a 10000% chance those fatass tweedle dee and tweedle dumb will ever admit it.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I promise they haven’t noticed. 

And it’s not entirely a false narrative, except for the Titans.  The Ravens could throw the ball, Seattle throws the ball, the 49ers can throw the ball. 

The only team in the playoffs that just can’t throw at all is the Titans.  The rest are either balanced or pass heavy (chiefs).

I blame the fact all Harbaughsbare ****s and karma is a ****.  

Only two QBs have thrown for 300 yards in a game in the playoffs  so far. They are Wilson and Jackson. And Jackson lost.  Garoppolo had 131 yards passing in their win.  The theme has been clear so far in these playoffs. Run the ball and dominate with your DL and you win.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I want to agree, but Boss Mahomes still hasn't whipped out that Tommy gun yet. Might put up 6 td's.

Clarity.... Balance is truly what you want. Running to set up PA. Saw it with Baltimore.  Everything was built around their ability to throw off of their explosive run game. Hard to always do that deep into the season in todays monstrous NFL.

I haven't watched the Titans, but they seem to be the same thing. Run Henry, pa down the field for big gains. But if they cant run, they can't win. If I had to pick the lesser of two evils I'd pick a passing team that can't run. The Ravens basically ran themselves right out of that game, bleeding too much clock.

7 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Here is what one of the Ravens defenders had to say about facing Derrick Henry:

"Probably first time in my career that I felt like it wasn't much I could do at the time," Ravens defensive tackle Michael Pierce said of Henry. "The dude is a zone unlike anything I've played against."

Sounds like the Cowboys after the 1982 NFCCG.

What would be a good comparison for Henry ? Marshawn Lynch ?

8 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Tannehill passed 14 times for 88 yards. He had 10 or 12 of those at halftime.

John Riggins liked this gameplan.

Almost any NFL QB would look pretty awesome in that offense.

DId you see the TD he threw from halfway across the field, that could have landed on a dime ?

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Only two QBs have thrown for 300 yards in a game in the playoffs  so far. They are Wilson and Jackson. And Jackson lost.  Garoppolo had 131 yards passing in their win.  The theme has been clear so far in these playoffs. Run the ball and dominate with your DL and you win.

If that's true, the Redskins are close.

We got a great DL and running game/

Time for Mahomes, Reid and the Chiefs to roll.

It's below freezing there in KC so I could see some guys being a little tight and even the ball getting that cold temperature sheen on it, becoming slick. Every reason to believe the Chiefs offense rolls. But ultimately expect that the broadcast with be pumping up both Mahomes and Watson and their rivalry.

Archived