Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

They are gonna eat all the clock they can in this turnover 

Kirk playing the type of game that is hard to defend and hard to pick apart again. That’s what annoys me the most about him the most. I would love to just say he sucks, and I would begrudgingly say I underestimated him if I had to. But I can’t really do either when he plays games like this. We will see what happens this next drive 

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Thielen got beat by Sherman, and stopped his route.  Kirk shouldn’t have thrown at Sherman before his man was open, because he should know Sherman is as likely to be at the spot as his receiver.  Everything went wrong.  

Thats the problem..you want to throw the ball before the receiver comes out of his break

Zimmer's game plan has just been awful.  You have Diggs/Theilen/Cook/Rudolph, yet the style of offense has been so bland and predictable.  It's as if Zimmer has zero confidence in Kirk stepping up in the big game, and in turn Kyle Shanahan also knows this and they are adjusting their defense accordingly. 

The Vikings pretty much have to score a TD on this drive to close out the 3rd quarter, because the 49ers right now are a FG away from the game being out of reach.

Wow why didn't Cousins just run for the 1st down there?

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Zimmer's game plan has just been awful.  You have Diggs/Theilen/Cook/Rudolph, yet the style of offense has been so bland and predictable.  It's as if Zimmer has zero confidence in Kirk stepping up in the big game, and in turn Kyle Shanahan also knows this and they are adjusting their defense accordingly. 

Thing is. He knows what happens if they make the passing game the key to the game for them. Cousins cant carry any team. And this playoffs has proven that. He made some great throws last week. And I was right there giving him praise for them. But his stats werent impressive by a long shot. And today we are seeing what we always saw. Big game. Running game has been stuffed. And he cant deliver.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Zimmer and Stefanski don't trust the O line against fronts like this. They have seen the turnstile too many times. They can't have long developing plays against this D. They just can't.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I don’t think Zimmer confidence in his pass blocking.  It’s hard to call a great game when all passes must be quick passes.

I know the Vikes O-line is not holding up well, but there are ways to plan around that.  Where are the 3 step drops for slants, crossing routes, using Cook in the passing game (not just screen passes).  It's like Zimmer is not adjusting to what he is watching unfold.

Big stop for Vikings defense.  That 3 & Out has likely given the Vikings one more chance to get back in the gaaa......

Welp, not anymore.   FUmbled punt return.

Game over.

5 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Zimmer and Stefanski don't trust the O line against fronts like this. They have seen the turnstile too many times. They can't have long developing plays against this D. They just can't.

Thats not the only way to throw the ball though. Which is what I don’t understand about the play calling. 

Archived