zskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

8 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Hot take: Taysom Hill was a better QB in that game than Brees.

Thats not a hot take, that’s fact. Brees was not good today. 

Just now, zskins said:

Did i use the wrong punctuation in my sentence?

Sensitive much?  You said the won a SB! That is clearly different than making it to a SB not a minor typo for which I have hundreds. Just admit the mistake and move on.

The bigger point here is that it takes more than one person to win or lose. The thing with Cousins is on him somewhat but not entirely. Today he made some big plays in big games and didn't make the crucial mistake. It is only one game but to blow it off because the has not made the SB yet is ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

LOL, Kirk brings back the "You Like That" in the locker room with the team. Great moment. Shoulda really stuck it to Allen and done a "Three Cheers for the Vikings .. Hip, Hip ... HOORAY!" 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I hate the officiating in the NFL. Literally why I don’t watch nearly as much anymore.

Do you hate the rule book too. Mutual handfighting overrides OPI

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Hmm... I must have missed the Vikings winning a SB with Case. 

You must have also missed where he said “Keenum did that (that, being, win a playoff game) two seasons ago”. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My hot take is that Payton blew that game big time. Should’ve given up the time out, which he never used and run 3 plays from that point, with 21seconds instead of 11. Michael Thomas was toe-tapping sideline catches all game and they could’ve easily got inside the 10 on 1 play. From there you get a couple of shots at the end zone. Playing to tie is bull****. I’d be pissed were I a saints fan.  That being said, I love that Cousins gets a win and the match up next week. Our former OC versus our former QB. That’ll be a fun game. Oh, and **** you, Bruce and Dan.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have placed an 8/1 bet that Eagles/Seahawks will go to overtime.

Why?  Because Kirk has made me believe in love again.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Hmm... I must have missed the Vikings winning a SB with Case. 

They move the goalposts so much they forgot where they put em last. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Sensitive much?  You said the won a SB! That is clearly different than making it to a SB not a minor typo for which I have hundreds. Just admit the mistake and move on.

My last sentence is a continuation of the previous sentence and the word playoffs was implied. Guess you missed that. I didn't make a mistake. I know Keenum didn't win a SB two years ago. Not stupid you know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

LOL, Kirk brings back the "You Like That" in the locker room with the team. Great moment. Shoulda really stuck it to Allen and done a "Three Cheers for the Vikings .. Hip, Hip ... HOORAY!" 

That was Zorn, not Allen. Unless you’re referring to Bruce’s dad (brother?) but how would that be sticking it to Bruce? 

4 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

So that NFC East winning game in Philly doesn't count?

The guy has played near 100 games in his career. If the highlight over that time is a regular season win to sneak into the playoffs (before getting bounced in the WC round), then I don't think that player has been great. He's come up short far more often than not.

He had a good win today, so lets see if he can continue that next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That was Zorn, not Allen. Unless you’re referring to Bruce’s dad (brother?) but how would that be sticking it to Bruce? 

Yeah, I think he's referring to when his daddy did it with the team in the 70's.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

He didn’t make a mistake. He said Kirk was brought there to win a super bowl, not win a playoff game. Keenum did that two seasons ago

(that, obviously, being won a playoff game).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, zskins said:

My last sentence is a continuation of the previous sentence and the word playoffs was implied. Guess you missed that. I didn't make a mistake. I know Keenum didn't win a SB two years ago. Not stupid you know. 

It's not how it read - but again I made the bigger point which you are choosing to ignore. I actually don't care much. I just find it hilarious how far you guys that hated Kirk will go.

For the record I was rooting for NO. I went to Purdue and met Drew Brees. I wanted them to win big. But Kirk had  great game at a really good time. Better to just give it to him and move on.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Because Bruce was there during his Dad's tenure, and "three cheers" is synonymous with the Allen regime. Come on, keep up with your history!

It would've been absolutely VICIOUS if Kirk had done that. But it also would've angered Jesus, so ...

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

They move the goalposts so much they forgot where they put em last. 

"they". Are we back to the Kirk sympathizers vs. the Kirk haters again? Because most members on this board weren't sick to death of that **** while he actually played for us, so you're bringing that back?

This is Cousins' 8th year in the NFL, and he just won his first playoff game.

15 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

For the first time in his 7 year career, you are correct!

I seem to recall him playing pretty well versus the Eagles at Philly for the NFC East title, minus that dumb play before the half. First time though.

He's managed to do something Bruce and this franchise couldn't do the past 10 years. Only took him two seasons with Minnesota. 🤣

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

This is Cousins' 8th year in the NFL, and he just won his first playoff game.

Same for Ryan Tannehill.

Posted (edited)

I’m happy for Kirk’s Stans more than anything. Y’all have stayed loyal for years just for this moment. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 5

On Pat McAfee's podcast this week, they mentioned how Teddy Bridgewater had a bonus that would kick in with one more TD pass. But the Saints played Brees the whole game in week 17 in a blowout. McAfee made the point that not playing Teddy in that last game to get him a payday is how you end up with bad things happening to you in a playoff game, like a blown pass interference call. Obviously he was talking about last year, but how ironic that the last play of their season could have (not saying should have as I'm in favor of letting guys play) been called offensive pass interference.  Instead it's not called and not reviewed and they are going home. But hey, they kept that 250k from Bridgewater, and those 5 games he won for them mean nothing now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1