Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Garrett started the incident.  Clearly the reason Rudolph got mad was because of the late hit and getting wrestled to the ground on a nothing snap at the end of a game where they were playing out the string.  That was absolutely Busch League antics from Garrett.  A pro just doesn't do crap like that.  A real pro pulls up after the contact with the QB in that situation and doesn't try and take him to the ground and if that's what happened, Rudolph doesn't get mad.  And there is no way on Earth Garrett didn't see the throw come out, the ball went to the back in his flat.  He knew what he was doing.

There was no “hit” in the late hit you’re complaining about.  He was wrestled to the ground in a football game.  It’s as soft a tackle as you’ll ever see.  Mason didn’t even land on the bottom.  This is a big nothing that none of us would have even noticed if Mason didn’t decide to take out his bad game frustration on the Garrets helmet.  

A real pro doesn’t react to being tackled by trying to rip a defensive ends helmet off.  A real pro doesn’t get behind a mic and act like a victim when he was every bit as involved as the other guy in the incident.  

Myles Garrett has been suspended for the rest of the season as well as the postseason if the Browns get that far. He has also been fined.

Steelers center Pouncey is suspended three games and has been fined.

Steelers QB Rudolph was just fined.

A Browns DT, whose name escapes me, was suspended one game and fined.

This according to NFL Network.

EDIT: The Browns DT suspended is Larry Ogunjobi.

51 minutes ago, Destino said:

There was no “hit” in the late hit you’re complaining about.  He was wrestled to the ground in a football game.  It’s as soft a tackle as you’ll ever see.  Mason didn’t even land on the bottom.  This is a big nothing that none of us would have even noticed if Mason didn’t decide to take out his bad game frustration on the Garrets helmet.  

A real pro doesn’t react to being tackled by trying to rip a defensive ends helmet off.  A real pro doesn’t get behind a mic and act like a victim when he was every bit as involved as the other guy in the incident.  

If it would have ended without the helmet grabbing and swinging then we'd all be saying that Myles unnecessarily tackled Mason and it was pretty unsportsmanlike. You can sit hear and spew all about playing through and it wasn't a hard tackle, doesn't matter, it was a poor display of sportsmanship - something that has plagued Cleveland all year and particularly in that game and enough to warrant media pestering Kitchens about questions regarding the composure of the team and whether or not they're out of control. This is a trend with Cleveland this year, cheap plays. Both Mason and Garrett lost their composure but only one had just cause IMO and that was Mason. The whole debacle started with Garrett doing something foolish and Mason reacting foolishly as well. If that's how it ended then we can all agree there would be NO suspensions. So only after Myles decided to assault Mason with a helmet did it escalate. 

From what I am reading, Myles Garrett's suspension is actually an "indefinite suspension".

That means he is definitely out for the rest of this season as well as any postseason, if any, for the Browns.

But this suspension may go into next season as well. Garrett has to meet with Goodell before before he can be reinstated.

2 hours ago, Destino said:

There was no hit?  wtf?  Then how pray tell did Myles Garrett end up in contact with Mason Rudolph?  How can you seriously not understand that hitting a QB late on the final snap of a game that's already over and then wrestling him to the ground isn't what instigated the entire situation?  It was a dirty play and it pissed Mason Rudolph off and started the whole fiasco.  How can you seriously think Mason Rudolph started this by just deciding to go off on Myles Garrett for no good reason?  That is a bad misinterpretation of everything that happened in that moment, not to mention it requires ignorance of the track records of the players involved to reach it.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

There was no hit?  wtf?  Then how pray tell did Myles Garrett end up in contact with Mason Rudolph?  How can you seriously not understand that hitting a QB late on the final snap of a game that's already over and then wrestling him to the ground isn't what instigated the entire situation?  It was a dirty play and it pissed Mason Rudolph off and started the whole fiasco.  How can you seriously think Mason Rudolph started this by just deciding to go off on Myles Garrett for no good reason?  That is a bad misinterpretation of everything that happened in that moment, not to mention it requires ignorance of the track records of the players involved to reach it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/myles-garretts-history-of-dirty-plays-this-year-is-vontaze-burfict-esque/ar-BBWOtD6

He's fast developing a reputation and it's increasingly becoming more difficult to condone any action and assume it wasn't malicious.

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Because I don't think the hit, if we can even all that a hit, was that late.  The issue, if there is one, is that he didn't let him go and instead lightly tackled him to the ground.  Whatever it is you're seeing, I'm not.  The fact that Garret clubbed him over the head doesn't color the rest of the play for me.  I see a fairly routine NFL play that absolutely none of us would be talking about without the fight that followed it.

There was no impact to the hit you're up in arms about.  By NFL standards it was soft. 

edit: I just watched it again.  Mason Rudolph isn't even knocked backwards by this great "hit" you're up in arms about.  Garret has him a micro second after he releases the ball and drags him to the ground slowly.  Sorry but I see nothing dirty, nothing late enough to complain about, and absolutely not impact to any supposed hit.  it's just not there. 

36 minutes ago, Destino said:

edit: I just watched it again.  Mason Rudolph isn't even knocked backwards by this great "hit" you're up in arms about.  Garret has him a micro second after he releases the ball and drags him to the ground slowly.  Sorry but I see nothing dirty, nothing late enough to complain about, and absolutely not impact to any supposed hit.  it's just not there. 

Watch it again but this time see how Garrets purposely brings him down like trying to body slam in wrestling. Mason is heavy so it takes some time...lol

This is why Mason got so upset. Garret should have taken his hands off when there was not football in his hand. Mason at best would have been pushed backwards a little instead. 

12 minutes ago, zskins said:

Watch it again but this time see how Garrets purposely brings him down like trying to body slam in wrestling. Mason is heavy so it takes some time...lol

This is why Mason got so upset. Garret should have taken his hands off when there was not football in his hand. Mason at best would have been pushed backwards a little instead. 

And Rudolph threw the ball into the flat on Garrett's side.  There is no way he didn't see the throw, it's right in front of his face.  He did what he did on purpose.  He was trying to send a message.  He's been doing this **** this year and I don't know what he thinks he's accomplishing.  He's going to end up like Ndamukong Suh.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And Rudolph threw the ball into the flat on Garrett's side.  There is no way he didn't see the throw, it's right in front of his face.  He did what he did on purpose.  He was trying to send a message.  He's been doing this **** this year and I don't know what he thinks he's accomplishing.  He's going to end up like Ndamukong Suh.

Not only that but even when Rudolph was trying to kick Garrett off of him Garrett continued going after Rudolph's helmet by the facemask, basically ripping it off his head and he wasn't going to be denied, not be the two linemen trying to separate them nor Rudolph. Something is wrong with Garrett where once he's in that mindset he seems to have no off switch and that's a serious red flag culminated by the helmet swing. It's no different then when he smacked Delanie Walker in the face earlier this year. He's basically already Suh. 

50 minutes ago, zskins said:

But he doesn’t body slam him.  He drags mason down on top of him.  Garret hit the ground first, so he didn’t even land on the QB.  Compared to an average nfl tackle, this was soft.  

23 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He has Mason in the grasp before the ball traveled 3 feet in the air.  You’re talking about a split second difference between throw and contact.  That’s not a late hit by nfl standards.  No hard impact.  No landing on the Qb.  No hit to the head.  The only thing that makes it look that way is that he didn’t let him go and sort of dragged him down.... which is not dirty.  

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Not only that but even when Rudolph was trying to kick Garrett off of him Garrett continued going after Rudolph's helmet by the facemask, basically ripping it off his head and he wasn't going to be denied, not be the two linemen trying to separate them nor Rudolph. 

Mason didn’t give up trying to take Garrets helmet off, Garret simply pulled his head out of reach and returned the favor.  Is it dirty because he succeeded where a Mason failed?  The only thing that made this dirty was that Garret hit Mason’s head while Mason was coming after him.  And yes, at the time of the great NFL bonking, Mason was charging at Garret after they had been separated.  

There is just no way I see Mason as a innocent victim.  He instigated it, continued it after they were broken up, and now is playing it up with his agent like he was mugged on his way to church. 

And he’s fine by the way, not a scratch on him. You’d think he was in a coma with the way his agent is playing it up.  

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

Mason didn’t give up trying to take Garrets helmet off, Garret simply pulled his head out of reach and returned the favor.  Is it dirty because he succeeded where a Mason failed?  The only thing that made this dirty was that Garret hit Mason’s head while Mason was coming after him.  And yes, at the time of the great NFL bonking, Mason was charging at Garret after they had been separated.  

There is just no way I see Mason as a innocent victim.  He instigated it, continued it after they were broken up, and now is playing it up with his agent like he was mugged on his way to church. 

And he’s fine by the way, not a scratch on him. You’d think he was in a coma with the way his agent is playing it up.  

I don't think he's an innocent victim but i honestly don't think he instigated it. It was instigated the moment Garrett wrapped him up and wouldn't let go. And yes it wasn't dirty or malicious but it was unnecessary and Garrett was certainly taking liberties. In fact the sheer fact that Cleveland was blitzing on all three of those last downs was kinda cheap even if it was legal. Like stealing a base up 10 runs. You can make an argument that he was just doing his job but come on, you're smarter than that in knowing that Garrett took it too far, Mason reacted poorly and then all hell broke loose. 

And even if there's not a scratch on him doesn't mean there may not be damage. The truth is Garrett is damn lucky there is no damage (that we know of). Hypothetically, would you still be this harsh on Mason had there been serious damage caused by the helmet smash? 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I did not see the initial hit as being a dirty play.  I can see it as unnecessary, particularly on the last play of a game that was already won.  I think Mason did react badly to it, probably out of frustration because he played poorly.  I have heard one comment in the media today that suggested Mason's hand was stuck inside of the facemask of Garrett, and that Mason was not trying to rip off Garrett's helmet.  I dont know if that is true, but watching the replays, it does seem possible.  Either way, I do not see either player pulling on the facemask of the other as relevant to what developed.  Regardless of how the fight developed, the unprecedented and extreme behavior of swinging a helmet at the head of a player who does not have his helmet on is the story here.  We have seen players fight before, but we have not seen anything like this.  

His own teammates and coaches are saying his actions were inexcusable.  I agree with them.  It does not matter if Mason instigated anything initially, that does not mitigate anything about the extremely dangerous thing that Garrett did last night.

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

It was a tackle that at most was roughing the passer. If it had been a Redskin reaching the QB, half the thread would be full of people saying a roughing the passer penalty would be BS. Once they had reached the ground, Rudolph started grabbing.

The fact that it happened with 8 seconds left in a game that was over completely changes the dynamics imo. Like he purposefully set out to **** with Rudolph for whatever reason and Rudolph understandably took it like that. 

3 hours ago, Destino said:

But he doesn’t body slam him.  He drags mason down on top of him.  Garret hit the ground first, so he didn’t even land on the QB.  Compared to an average nfl tackle, this was soft.  

He has Mason in the grasp before the ball traveled 3 feet in the air.  You’re talking about a split second difference between throw and contact.  That’s not a late hit by nfl standards.  No hard impact.  No landing on the Qb.  No hit to the head.  The only thing that makes it look that way is that he didn’t let him go and sort of dragged him down.... which is not dirty.  

I think it can be seen as semi-dirty. The way Garret drags him down and end up on being on the bottom is because he is trying to wrestle him down, like I said a body slam type of move that almost worked and if you see the end of the video above Garret does manage to drive Mason into the ground... and Mason being the heavier guy and more power ends up on being on top of him initially. The slam into the ground is why Mason took that as an insult. If Garret had kept his cool Mason is the one who would be in more trouble instead.  Just my two cents. :)

14 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You guys are crazy.  Hitting a QB like that on a ****ing screen on the last play of the game and dragging him to the ground is absolutely a dirty play and it's what pissed Rudolph off.  It's busch league nonsense, he's been doing it a lot this season.

I'm with you. He was clearly targeting Rudolph. Rudolph responded. And then Garrett lost his ****. It's on him from start to finish. People trying to blame Rudolph are on some "both sides" bull**** for whatever reason. 

Over the past several years, I have only rooted for the Pats to win twice.  Against Philly in the Super Bowl, and today.  The Pats win constantly, why cant they just blow out Philly today?  I feel like the Pats are going to take their anger out on the Cowboys next week if they lose today.  SMH.

Archived