Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

The one game suspension for Ogunjobi feels harsh but it was a cheap shot and it did appear to draw more players into responding.

Three games for Pouncey feels harsh too, he was standing up for his QB against an egregious and dirty hit from an opponent.  Kicking Garrett in the head while he was down was bad though.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The one game suspension for Ogunjobi feels harsh but it was a cheap shot and it did appear to draw more players into responding.

Three games for Pouncey feels harsh too, he was standing up for his QB against an egregious and dirty hit from an opponent.  Kicking Garrett in the head while he was down was bad though.

I agree about the Ohunjobi suspension but I think Pouncey needed a significant suspension for kicking a guy in the head. Don’t get me wrong though, Pouncy did the right thing in terms of protecting and standing up for your Qb and any OL would have done the same. But he still kicked a dude in the head.

54 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Your 4 games projection is about as ridiculous as your apparent defense for Myles. And don’t try to justify it by saying “I’m not condoning Myles for what he did”... yes, yes you are. You are literally trying to explain why it makes sense that he smacked Mason. 

I said 4 games or so...it’s gonna be six.

And come down off the cross, already.

11 hours ago, Destino said:

I remember watching that.  I was hoping Tyson would win, though I knew he wouldn't.  What I got instead was certainly unexpected. 

To date the most spectacular bit of sporting event violence I have seen has to be Malice at the Palace.  I still watch the videos of it from time.  Sadly, it's not in HD.   

When those slob fans ran on the court and quickly realized what going toe to toe with a pro athlete was like... I mean, I know it makes me a horrible person, but give me some popcorn.

FWIW, none of the players involved have done anything nearly as criminal as the Browns owner.

46 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

ESPNs article says Rudolph kicked Garrett in the nuts. (They said groin, but we know it’s nuts). If that is true, then Rudolph should get a game as well.

I just watched it, and it does not look so much like a "kick", as it looks more like he was just trying to push Garrett away with his feet, and it turned out to be the most convcenient way. But again, Rudolph's "push" was also reactionary to some very extra-curricular activity by Garrett. It almost looked like Garrett had Rudolph in an MMA full guard position and planting "ground and pound" punches, which naturally would cause Rudolph to push him away any way he can.

Rudolph starts out on his back, with Garrett in Top Control, planting punches,

It doesn't get any more vulnerable than that

13 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Watching it more closely, Rudolph picked the fight by trying pull Garrett's helmet off from the back (1:20 mark). Garrett's got to be suspended, for the year or however long, I don't know. But Rudolph did something stupid. When picking a fight with a DLineman 40 pounds heavier than you, you should avoid picking a fight with a DLineman 40 pounds heavier than you. Stupid people, all of them.

The reason Rudolph tried to pull off Garrett's helmet is because of what happened prior to that.

Garrett first pulled Rudolph's helmet off, so Rudolph is just trying to do the same.

He's not blameless, but ta least Rudolph is just trying to make it a "fair" fight, with both helmets off, at least.

And like you said earlier, when you see a player pull another player's helmet off, you expect the 2nd player to fight.

But the fact is, that Garrett was the first to attempt, and actually pull, a helmet off.

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The reason Rudolph tried to pull off Garrett's helmet is because of what happened prior to that.

Garrett first pulled Rudolph's helmet off, so Rudolph is just trying to do the same.

He's not blameless, but ta least Rudolph is just trying to make it a "fair" fight, with both helmets off, at least.

And like you said earlier, when you see a player pull another player's helmet off, you expect the 2nd player to fight.

But the fact is, that Garrett was the first to attempt, and actually pull, a helmet off.

Garrett was not the first to try. Garrett was the first to succeed.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Garrett was not the first to try. Garrett was the first to succeed.

True, but like I said earlier, Rudolph in the very beginning, started out in the most vulnerable possible position, as a victim.

Extremely vulnerable positions cause people to potentially take somewhat desperate measures, simply out of defense and survival.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

True, but like I said earlier, Rudolph in the very beginning, started out in the most vulnerable possible position, as a victim.

Extremely vulnerable positions cause people to potentially take somewhat desperate measures, simply out of defense and survival.

Lots of players when they get tackled are in a vulnerable position. Lots of QBs who take hits that draw roughing the passer penalties are in a vulnerable position. Those QBs and players don't start grabbing for each others' helmets so that they can land their punches more freely. Both players here acted out, and acting out gets penalized. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Helmets are sacred property in the NFL. Don't touch someone else's helmet. Players get penalized for taking off their own, so I find it inconceivable that they wouldn't get penalized for trying to take off someone else's.

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Lots of players when they get tackled are in a vulnerable position. Lots of QBs who take hits that draw roughing the passer penalties are in a vulnerable position.

This was much more than a tackle, or even a roughing the passer scenario. It went beyond that.

There was a lot more aggressive action on the QB, long after the play, if you look closely.

But anyhow, if it satisfies you, apparently Rudolph will be fined for his actions.

18 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Survival?  He got tackled in a football game.  It wasn’t even a hard tackle.  He was having a terrible game and lost his cool.

Rudolph comes out of this looking like a punk ass if you ask me.  He started it, continued it, and now he’s out there talking about how Garret was bush league while his agent considers legal action.  Not a single mention of his own role in this.  Like he was just minding his own business and Garret popped out of the bushes and hit him with a helmet.  

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This was much more than a tackle, or even a roughing the passer scenario. It went beyond that.

There was a lot more aggressive action on the QB, long after the play, if you look closely.

But anyhow, if it satisfies you, apparently Rudolph will be fined for his actions.

It was nothing.  A baby soft tackle by nfl standards.  I think the four interceptions had more to do with Masons reaction than the tackle.  

It was a tackle that at most was roughing the passer. If it had been a Redskin reaching the QB, half the thread would be full of people saying a roughing the passer penalty would be BS. Once they had reached the ground, Rudolph started grabbing.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Survival?  He got tackled in a football game.  It wasn’t even a hard tackle.  He was having a terrible game and lost his cool.

When I made that particular statement, I was referring to the point in time where he used his feet to push Garrett away.

At that specific point in time, he was essentially being attacked by Garrett, and on the bottom position with virtually no form of defense.

I’ll say it again, baby soft tackle.  Garret was on the bottom of that slow motion tackle that even the ref chose to ignore as a big nothing.  There was nothing vicious or dirty about that tackle at all.  The absolute most we can say is that maybe it was late (and mostly because it took longer than usual). 

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

When I made that particular statement, I was referring to the point in time where he used his feet to push Garrett away.

At that specific point in time, he was essentially being attacked by Garrett, and on the bottom position with virtually no form of defense.

Rudolph was trying to push Garrett away, because Garrett was pulling his helmet off. Garrett was pulling his helmet off in response to Rudolph trying to pull off Garrett's helmet.

Garrett was a straight up bully ripping the helmet off and beating Rudolph with it. But the reason the bully beat up on Rudolph is because Rudolph picked a fight. Rudolph was ****ing stupid to pick a fight with a bully that was easily going to beat him.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That’s a situation he created.  He start trying to rip Garrets helmet off and lost his instead.  Are we saying Garret should have just winked at him and said “nice try Mr Rudolph!”

Garret went way too far hitting poor Mason on his head.  No argument.  But Mason should have been on the mic last night apologizing for his role in it, instead he was pointing fingers.  He looks like an entitled brat.

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Again I'm not referring to the tackle.

I was responding to people accusing Rudolph of just kicking him in the nuts. That action was not in response to the tackle.

It was a response to something completely different.

Jesus, there was no kick in the nuts and those cherry picked photos of him allegedly grabbing them is absurd. Garrett went back at him and Rudolph was pushing him back with his foot. Some of the conspiracies about what Mason did are just dumb.

The fact is Garrett didn’t need to continue through his late tackle. It was the last play of the game, it should have been over and Myles should have just celebrated the victory. He wanted to make a point and it was dumb. No his tackle wasn’t vicious but it was unnecessary. Mason lost his cool because he just got his ass kicked all game, saw two of his receivers lost due to concussions from dirty hits and Garrett was definitely taking liberties on that play. Rudolph let emotions get the better of him and acted out. Garrett should have been smarter and it cost him and his team dearly. Selfish and his career will forever he marred by what he did. 

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Again, I admitted Rudolph isn't blameless.

Question is, what should Rudolph's penalty be.

A fine. Nothing he did warranted a suspension. He should apologize for getting caught up in the heat of the moment.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Jesus, there was no kick in the nuts and those cherry picked photos of him allegedly grabbing them is absurd. Garrett went back at him and Rudolph was pushing him back with his foot. Some of the conspiracies about what Mason did are just dumb.

Yea, I edited my post to clarify that those accusations against him were exaggerated regarding the "nut-kick"

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

That’s a situation he created.  He start trying to rip Garrets helmet off and lost his instead.  Are we saying Garret should have just winked at him and said “nice try Mr Rudolph!”

Yes. That’s exactly what he should have done. He got the win, the defense beat him up all game.  Nothing would have gotten under Mason’s skin more than this.

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Rudolph comes out of this looking like a punk ass if you ask me.  He started it, continued it, and now he’s out there talking about how Garret was bush league while his agent considers legal action.  Not a single mention of his own role in this.  Like he was just minding his own business and Garret popped out of the bushes and hit him with a helmet. 

Garrett started the incident.  Clearly the reason Rudolph got mad was because of the late hit and getting wrestled to the ground on a nothing snap at the end of a game where they were playing out the string.  That was absolutely Busch League antics from Garrett.  A pro just doesn't do crap like that.  A real pro pulls up after the contact with the QB in that situation and doesn't try and take him to the ground and if that's what happened, Rudolph doesn't get mad.  And there is no way on Earth Garrett didn't see the throw come out, the ball went to the back in his flat.  He knew what he was doing.

If the helmet stuff never happens, Garrett comes out of that looking, yet again, like a dirty player who was childishly trying to get a cheap shot in at the QB on a meaningless final snap.  He's been cheap shotting all year too, btw, he doesn't respect the game.  But ripping off Rudolph's helmet and hitting him in the head with it is something more.   He crossed a serious line.  It shows that he actually is out there trying to hurt guys despite whatever lies he tells in his post game comments, and that right now he can't handle the physicality and emotion of NFL ball and that he's going to have to sit out for a while.

21 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’ll say it again, baby soft tackle.  Garret was on the bottom of that slow motion tackle that even the ref chose to ignore as a big nothing.  There was nothing vicious or dirty about that tackle at all.  The absolute most we can say is that maybe it was late (and mostly because it took longer than usual). 

This is absolutely untrue man.  That was clearly a roughing penalty, and if it wasn't called it's because the play immediately sparked a brawl.  The referee wasn't ignoring it BTW, he was following the ball after the throw and wasn't looking at the QB because his primary focus should be on the ball there and you don't assume a defender is stupid and unprofessional enough to rough the passer in that situation.  Someone else would have probably flagged Garrett for it.  There is just no way you can think Garrett wasn't trying to cheapshot the QB and send a message.

How anyone in the world can watch that sequence and come away thinking Rudolph is the punkass given what Myles Garrett does is beyond me.  It's a baffling, absurd take.  The kind of take that fundamentally misunderstands the game.  There is no way anyone playing football can think what Garrett didn't wouldn't start ****.

Archived