zskins

2019 Game Day Thread - CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Well I guess that missed FG winner can be considered justice for the 2 easy INTs that were dropped by Seattle's secondary that would have sealed the game?

I appreciate the way the NFL officials are allowing the 49ers secondary to play physical, I just wish they called it that way for the entire NFL. 

Edited by NoCalMike

Okay so San Fran has the ball back with 1 TO left. Come on Jimmy do something good now.

Jimmy G sucks!

That was probably the biggest game of Jimmy G's short career as a starter and it is too early to say it will define him going forward, but it is hard to ignore how different he looked running the offense without the threat of a RB gaining 5-7 yards on 1st down.  Dude looked erratic, threw behind receivers and really threw the game away twice, but both times he lucked out that the balls were dropped.  

20 minutes ago, zskins said:

Shanny should have just done the QB sneak on 4th and inches. You know Pete C would have. 

So here is my question: Where they spotted the ball was probably at least a good half-yard (IIRC) from the marker, which makes the decision to potentially go for it a bit more difficult. But regardless of where the initial spot was, when they reviewed it...…...did they not have the option to move it at least a little closer? I thought that maybe he didn't get the first down, but I think the ball should've been spotted closer than where it was......which might have made the decision to go for it on 4th and literally a few inches a bit easier. 

Edited by hail2skins

21 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

So here is my question: Where they spotted the ball was probably at least a good half-yard (IIRC) from the marker, which makes the decision to potentially go for it a bit more difficult. But regardless of where the initial spot was, when they reviewed it...…...did they not have the option to move it at least a little closer? I thought that maybe he didn't get the first down, but I think the ball should've been spotted closer than where it was......which might have made the decision to go for it on 4th and literally a few inches a bit easier. 

On replay I thought it actually looked pretty clear that he got the 1st down distance, but then was pushed backwards.  Maybe I wasn't looking at the ball itself, but it seemed like the ball carrier's upper body went past the marker, then came back.

Russell Wilson should just take every passing down snap and move out of the pocket.  He just becomes a completely different level of QB on the move.  

• Like 1

By the way, watching live I thought Geno Smith called tails at the beginning of OT. There is a video floating somewhere around on Twitter.

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

He got the 1st down. You could clearly see that in the replay from the two different angle they showed on TV. One angle was pretty clear he was over and then was shoved back. Also clearly evident. 

Even if they were short half a yard that is only 1.5 feet. You snap the ball like Brady does and just lunge forward. Your OL better be able to get you that 1.5 feet. Shanny had a better chance at the QB sneak then relaying on a rookie kicker at that distance. Sometime you have to take chances. Shanny will learn. 

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

By the way, watching live I thought Geno Smith called tails at the beginning of OT. There is a video floating somewhere around on Twitter.

Funny, I thought I misheard that as well.  I thought I was just not paying close enough attention but I could have sworn he said "tails" and then the ref said he called "heads".

The week 16 Saturday triple-header just got announced today. Pretty good lineup that day, the weekend before Christmas. Great day to sit by the tree and watch football!! 

1:00 PM: Texans @ Bucs 

4:30 PM: Bills @ Patriots 

8:15 PM: Rams @ 49ers

10 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Heard that the 49ers receivers dropped 9 passes. I'm thinking they win if they catch the expected amount of those.

that and they were missing their two best pass catchers kettle and sanders. 

seattle and Wilson have been in these type of games for almost a decade. They are used to it. This was a great learning experience for SF and their young team. They nearly won and would have without N unusually high number of drops. 

I don't get throwing it twice on 3rd and 1 & 4th and 1. Never do. You don't trust your oline and RB to get one yard in two plays? Tomlin is not the best play caller.

Mayfield and Beckham have no chemistry at all.  When Mayfield throws to anyone else tonight it looks like a normal nfl pass.  Some are complete some aren’t but it’s clear everyone is on the same page.  When he throws to a Beckham it doesn’t seem like he knows what route Beckham is running.

WOW **** Cleveland. Season ending suspension for the piece of **** that swung Rudolph’s helmet at him. Career ending suspension in my opinion. **** him. 

**** Garrett. Loser. 

This is will go down as the longest 8 seconds to end a game. Lots of suspensions will be handed indeed. 

TNF commentators: “we hate that people have to watch that” (continues to show what happened). 

Hmm....

1 minute ago, zskins said:

This is will go down as the longest 8 seconds to end a game. Lots of suspensions will be handed indeed. 

Garrett definitely deserves to be suspended the rest of the season. Maybe next season too. You do NOT swing a helmet at anyone’s head. No. **** that. **** Cleveland. 

Seeing that just makes me mad. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

TNF commentators: “we hate that people have to watch that” (continues to show what happened). 

Hmm....

Garrett definitely deserves to be suspended the rest of the season. Maybe next season too. You do NOT swing a helmet at anyone’s head. No. **** that. **** Cleveland. 

Seeing that just makes me mad. 

Who was the other player that came and shoved him while his helmet was off... that was just ****ing so unprofessional and rude as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

WOW **** Cleveland. Season ending suspension for the piece of **** that swung Rudolph’s helmet at him. Career ending suspension in my opinion. **** him. 

**** Garrett. Loser. 

I have never seen a more potentially criminal act on the field before.  I thought Haynsworth stomping on Gurode, and Jim McMahon getting body slammed way after a play were bad.  But this is so bad.

It is like if a baseball player was hit by a pitch, then charged the mound and started hitting a pitcher with the bat.  Goes beyond regular league punishment.

• Like 2