Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rdskns2000

Next Skins coach: A Marvin Lewis type

Whether the coaching change occurs after this season or it occurs after next season; Spurrier's successor should be a Marvin Lewis type coach.

The Bengals were a lousy franchise for 13 years. The owner unwilling to spend or do things a modern NFL does. The players no nothing about winning, just losing. In comes Marvin and he has the players believing in him. Even got some free agents to come in to deadville, aka Cincinnati. Got the owner to change some things. You know the Bengals never had an offseason conditioning program? Bengals actually has some scouts.

We need the next coach to tell the owner what the team needs to be succesful. One of those things will be, that we need a quality GM or GM type person to handle personnel. We need a coach that will install discipline and will set our primma donna players in place. The Skins have a decade of crappyness, save for one playoff season. A club med atmosphere and the primma donnas being able to go over the coaches head, directly to the owner. Can we get Dan to give up that control? Maybe a Marvin Lewis type coach, can convince Dan to change his ways.

Getting a Marvin Lewis type coach is a nice pipe dream, but who exactly will do the job?

There aren't coaches like that just lying around for the picking.

Certainly not Dennis Green; he was criticized to no end in Minnesota for a lack of discipline.

Who do you suggest?

This is a pretty funny post.

Does anyone remember last year when we wanted to get rid of Lewis, because his system wasn't well liked by the players?

"Turn them loose!" we said.

"He's shackling Lavar!" we heard.

"This gap control thing stinks!" people cried.

And now we want him back? Too funny.

I have to admit, if we do manage to get a new HC, maybe we do need to get someone with a defensive background.

If we could do that, and also get a good offensive corrdinator to run the offense, it would at least give us some hope that we might have a good defense for a change

if we go for a defensive coach, and that's if, I like Romeo Crennel. Great defensive coach, he'd bring some Pats assistants with him to 'coach up' the defense. keep jackson OC and primary playcaller.

how's that for racial diversity in the coaching staff?

I don't know who the next coach of the Skins will or should be, but is it too much to ask for one who isn't an overly tendentious idiot? Over the past several years, we've gone from Turner (pass, pass, pass) to Schottenheimer (run, run, run) to Spurrier (pass, pass, pass).

Oh, how nice it would be to have a head coach who truly understood the value of being imaginative yet pragmatic, of knowing when to go to the air and when to keep it on the ground. Somebody point me in the direction of a coach like that, and I'll happily rally around him.

would love to give jim johnson a chance....

This post is dead on. He is the best assistant in the league. He always gets the best out of his players even if they are 7's and 8's. His teams always overachieve.

Steve isn't going anywhere.

However, if for whatever reason, he does leave.

I think you try to get Bill Cowher who will be fired.

Let him put together a solid coaching staff and leave them alone.

Uh no what we need is fewer "pro bowl" players.

I am now able to see and read S Double ignore the outward appearance of aww shuchks and look at his eyes when certain questions are asked you could tell he was seething.

He basically called out the team with a few exceptions (Rock and Holsey) on Sonny and george last night

Marv cut bait of socalled star players (Takeo Spikes) with a certain star running back getting kicked to the curb in the offseason.

Jim Johnson is older than moses.