Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanta Skins Fan

Spurrier to UNC in 2004: "Done deal"

Originally posted by bulldog

give Ramsey a running game to back him up through free agency or the draft...

And you don't think Spurrier's offense would be killer with a bomb running back?

I wouldn't run the ball, either if all I had was Betts, Morton, Trung and Rock in the backfield. These guys are career backups elsewhere. It doesn't matter, because these guys don't scare anyone.

Give Spur one more year, a RB and a revamped D-line, and we've got something. That's why it is a 3-year plan. You can't get all these pieces together at once and if we did, people would cry that we overpaid.

On defense, either get rid of Edwards or bring in a heavyweight defensive coach to help him out. Getting rid of Stock is a must also.

Lastly, any of these pansies on the line that don't like to pass block (cough-Jansen), can find the door quick. Since when has a stupid Right Tackle had anything good to say. His job is to eat and knock into people. Lately, all he does is get knocked over.

---

Since this guy with 1200 posts said it, I must believe it. NOT! Did this guy also predict Frank Beamer was coming to Chapel Hell? HAHA.

They do have very nice facilities and, as the CPND guy's post indicates, they are dying to have a winning season and have to improve in the new ACC. More like wishful thinking, I'd guess.

If I remember correctly Sonny Loved Vince lombardi. Said something to the effect that if he was his coach all along then...

could be someone in the Lombardi mold?

who the heck could that be?

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

If Snyder hires Deion as coach, that'll be my signal to immediately wake up and realize the last 5 years have merely been some horrible, twisted dream.

LB43,

The last 5 years HAVE been a horrible, twisted dream... having Deion here once was enough to prove it.

:paranoid:

Originally posted by SkinInsite

Other than maybe Jimmy Johnson, who can take this team and make them winners in year 1.

I believe Jimmy was 1-15 his first year.

This dominated the talk on ESPN radio in Norfolk today. The broadcaster (Tony Mercurio) says that he was told over the weekend it was a done deal also. Mercurio has broke several Carolina stories nationally, like when Guthridge was forced out. So it very well may be true.

i'm sorry kids, but if deion would get the nod, that would be a signal to pull the plug on my beloved redskins until daniel s. sells the team. i can't take much more heartbreak anymore.

I guess if Ole Bawl:cry:Coach goes back to UNC with his tail between his legs we can officially say that all the folks who said Spurrier=Pitino were correct. I don't care where he goes, as long as he goes...just like the old saying "You aint gotta go home, but you gotta get the he11 outta here".

I agree with JoeSkins about the route combinations, or seeming lack thereof. That was one of the biggest disappointments for me about SOS. I fully expected that after he got his NFL legs under him we were going to see him transform the FNG into an NFL offensive juggernaught with routes put together that would regularly get our fastest players in open space to make plays. Instead, we're treated to a ****ized WCO because SOS has no clue how to put anything together outside of the framework of the FNG. I mean this is the guy who was supposed to be an offensive genius for God's sake. Hmmmph...more like Wile-E-Coyote super genius if you ask me.

Just d@mn depressing.

Spurrier to UNC in 2004: "Done deal"

Looks like this really is a done deal guys.

My source in Chapel Hill confirms that Spurrier has reached an agreement in principle to become North Carolina's next head coach. He will sign the actual contract at FedEx Field immediately following the Eagles game.

They plan to have a film crew on the sidelines to tape SS for a recruiting commercial. When the final gun sounds he's supposed to sign the documents, look directly into the camera and say, "I'm going to North Carolina!"

i am searching some of the tar-heel boards and i am getting the opposite feeling...like he aint goin'

Originally posted by Cool Hand Luke

They plan to have a film crew on the sidelines to tape SS for a recruiting commercial. When the final gun sounds he's supposed to sign the documents, look directly into the camera and say, "I'm going to North Carolina!"

That's pretty funny. I like it--kinda like an anti-"I'm goin' to Disney World" victory ad.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Lies, lies, lies.

And am I the only person who wants Spurrier back? I think something will finally happen in year three.

Yep, we could go 0-16.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

For other reasons I hope Spurrier does not go to UNC. And I just dont think this guy is gonna take getting his ass kicked lightly, I really dont. ****y people hate to lose and hate to get it handed to them. He'll be back for one more shot

This sounds great and all, but I'd like to know why exactly Spurrier would go back to college? He doesn't like recruiting and he's already proven he's one of the best college coaches around. He's always said he doesn't want to coach much past 60 and I believe he is 58 or 59. The last thing he has to prove is that he can coach in the NFL. IF we still stink after next year, he'll head back to Florida to work on his golf game.

I don't buy it - in fact I'm not even renting it.

I don't know what to think. Its a bit hard to believe that all of this 'Steve Spurrier is my Coach' and 'We're going to turn this thing around' talk is just deception and bluster. I hope not, because I can take a lot as a fan, but being lied to ain't one of them.

As for all of the rumors, I'm preemptively calling out anyone yearning for a Jimmy Johnson reign as impure....He was a Dallas coach for God's sake, and the most arrogant, condescending SOB out there. Have we truly sunken to those kind of depths? Its Deion all over again and I refuse to consider that possibility.

Bugel has sentimental value, but beyond that, whats he bring to the table? Seriously. He out Richie Petitbones Richie Petitbone. Great guy. Hardcore Redskins. Bleeds B&G. Lousy Head Coach.

Is Libby Dole available? She did wonders for the Red Cross. Hell, JackC, I'd support Diane Feinstein for that matter. They're both tougher and ballsier than SS has proven to date.

I am ashamed of you guys??

Look at the source of the thread, ASF.

When is the last time he said anything remotely true??

Remember last I recalled he was a cowboy not a redskin :laugh:

Originally posted by [PAPER] sashae [bAG]

I still find it hard to believe that this is going to happen... I mean, UNC? He could certainly find a higher-tone college job than that...

-s

UNC has great facilities and will pay more than the vast majority of schools

Spurrier is already talking about changes for next year, he isn't going anywhere.

Even if he were to go back to college it would be to a school were football is #1 not basketball. Sorry but no dice :cool:

I hope this isn't someone trying to get our hopes up and those of UNC fans. I like the disclaimer on the front end which gives some credibility to it. Chapel Hill would be a great place for SoS. Asta la Vista Steve.