Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaws on PTI......

NoCalMike

Originally posted by Gatorskin76

One thing to consider with Spurrier whenever you are talking about play calling is the audible. I don't know how much control he has put in Tim's hands, however I am pretty sure the fade pass to Coles that was intercepted by Newman was an audible. I remember being excited that Tim thought that he saw something and was getting us in the right play. The next thing I know he throws a horrible pass and Newman was not fooled at all. I know there was talk of limiting the audibles, but I am pretty sure that was an audible.

According to Sonny on the radio, that was indeed an audible, and one that changed momentum that we clearly had on our side after a well executed fake punt.

Right when Tim tapped his leg to call the audible, three Cowboys defenders POINTED TO COLES. THEY KNEW THE DAMN PLAY. Now how could Tim not have seen that and said, oh sh!t I better just throw the ball out of bounds. No, instead he throws a HORRIBLE pass when Coles is covered like a blanket.

Originally posted by JerseyGator

Cartwright's longest run was 13 yards with 7 men in the box. Cartwright does not scare people. How many seventh-round draft picks scare defenses with a mediocre O-line?

It didn't matter that his longest run was 13 yards, he was breaking off 7-8 yard gains with regularity. Also, when you see how badly Hasselbeck was playing, why continue to put him in positions where he couldn't succeed?

I'm not saying the calls he were making were bad, not at all. Recievers were open all over the field, yet if Hasselbeck is having an off-day, in the rain, and can't get the ball there. You have to do what is working for you.

Originally posted by NoCalMike

Right when Tim tapped his leg to call the audible, three Cowboys defenders POINTED TO COLES. THEY KNEW THE DAMN PLAY. Now how could Tim not have seen that and said, oh sh!t I better just throw the ball out of bounds. No, instead he throws a HORRIBLE pass when Coles is covered like a blanket.

Funny, wasn't that the same play Hasselbeck botched aganist the Saints when Coles was wide open for a possible touchdown?

Archived