Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You watch.

Some team that employs a FB will scoop up Wellman, and he's gonna ball in this league.

I'm really hoping Jay has a FB on the roster this year.  Watching Ryan Anderson in that role last year was painful.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was watching Redskins Practice Live and JP Finlay’s and Larry Michael’ top 3 performers at camp so far are 

 

1. Jordan Reed

2A Cam Sims

2B Matt Ioannidis

 

Their saying everyone in the media watching camp has Reed as their top guy. He’s made major strides and is looking his best since before 2017. JP said Cam should be starting over Doctson (and Mclauren is also in that conversation). And Matt is even stronger and is just dominating dudes and that includes Brandon Scherff, which wasn’t necessarily the case last year. 

Edited by Fresh8686
Forgot to include that Larry Michael said Cam, not JP
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Was watching Redskins Practice Live and JP Finlay’s and Larry Michael’ top 3 performers at camp so far are 

 

1. Jordan Reed

2A Cam Sims

2B Matt Ioannidis

 

Their saying everyone in the media watching camp has Reed as their top guy. He’s made major strides and is looking his best since before 2017. JP said Cam should be starting over Doctson (and Mclauren is also in that conversation). And Matt is even stronger and is just dominating dudes and that includes Brandon Scherff, which wasn’t necessarily the case last year. 

 

Very accurate.  Exactly what I’ve heard.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

and Su'a Cravens ?

 

I feel kind of bad for Sua.  Never really tried to find out exactly what was wrong, because I wanted to respect his privacy.  I can’t say I miss him.  But I sure will watch him play.  He could thump, solid playmaker too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

 

I feel kind of bad for Sua.  Never really tried to find out exactly what was wrong, because I wanted to respect his privacy.  I can’t say I miss him.  But I sure will watch him play.  He could thump, solid playmaker too.

Wait...you wanted to respect cravens privacy? Do you know him personally? (Honest question, cause he’s just some random player, why would his privacy matter all that much?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Was watching Redskins Practice Live and JP Finlay’s and Larry Michael’ top 3 performers at camp so far are 

 

1. Jordan Reed

2A Cam Sims

2B Matt Ioannidis

 

 

 

Wait...the top two players in camp are a WR and TE.  That doesn't sound right.

 

I get wanting Cam Sims to do well, but he's a guy who couldn't get big snaps at Alabama for 4 years.  We now know that Jeudy and Ruggs are really good, but 2 years ago, vs a 6'5 senior?  He couldn't earn time.

 

I want Sims to succeed, but I have a really hard time believing he's playing better than offensive vets, better than Payne, Allen, Collins, Norman, etc

 

So either that report is very overeager, or the rest of our roster is worse than we thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

 

Wait...the top two players in camp are a WR and TE.  That doesn't sound right.

 

I get wanting Cam Sims to do well, but he's a guy who couldn't get big snaps at Alabama for 4 years.  We now know that Jeudy and Ruggs are really good, but 2 years ago, vs a 6'5 senior?  He couldn't earn time.

 

I want Sims to succeed, but I have a really hard time believing he's playing better than offensive vets, better than Payne, Allen, Collins, Norman, etc

 

So either that report is very overeager, or the rest of our roster is worse than we thought.

 

I share the same skepticism to be honest. When was the last time we had an UDFA become a star or anything remotely close? Him and Trey Quinn draw rave reviews yet we spent literally almost nothing draft capital wise on them. Just not something the skins are accustomed to. That being said, I’ve heard from enough different sources and even just from posters here that have gone to camp that I do believe he’s looked that impressive. Remains to be be seen if that means anything come sundays but it’s been a good chunk of time since I recall this level of hype surrounding a WR in camp. Especially from a late rounder or UDFA.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait...you wanted to respect cravens privacy? Do you know him personally? (Honest question, cause he’s just some random player, why would his privacy matter all that much?)

 

Well he did play here for a while, he was a Redskin.  And he just seemed to be going through a difficult time.  Right after he said he was retiring, i knew he would regret it, and that he would almost immediately return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

 

Wait...the top two players in camp are a WR and TE.  That doesn't sound right.

 

I get wanting Cam Sims to do well, but he's a guy who couldn't get big snaps at Alabama for 4 years.  We now know that Jeudy and Ruggs are really good, but 2 years ago, vs a 6'5 senior?  He couldn't earn time.

 

I want Sims to succeed, but I have a really hard time believing he's playing better than offensive vets, better than Payne, Allen, Collins, Norman, etc

 

So either that report is very overeager, or the rest of our roster is worse than we thought.

 

I understand and there probably is a combination of your last two points involved, but it is what is is. Remember though, this is the media and skill positions are flashier, especially when there is no tackling and sacks allowed in practice. They have way more opportunities to shine and the expectations are lower for that group than the d-line. 

But, with all that said Reed and Cam are still balling out there and making good with near every rep. With Cam, the height, the hands, and body control are all there. It's just a matter of can he stay healthy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

 

Wait...the top two players in camp are a WR and TE.  That doesn't sound right.

 

I get wanting Cam Sims to do well, but he's a guy who couldn't get big snaps at Alabama for 4 years.  We now know that Jeudy and Ruggs are really good, but 2 years ago, vs a 6'5 senior?  He couldn't earn time.

 

I want Sims to succeed, but I have a really hard time believing he's playing better than offensive vets, better than Payne, Allen, Collins, Norman, etc

 

So either that report is very overeager, or the rest of our roster is worse than we thought.

 

It does seem weird how this same guy couldnt get on the field at Bama. I agree with you that.  Feels like there has to be a catch, no pun intended.

 

But we havent seen much of him in game action. The couple of preseason games last year was it. I can kinda believe the physical tools of a guy ike this hungry for a roster spot are showing up well in a camp setting where the reps are divvied up amongst a million other guys at WR, I can see him flashing the tools when he gets an opportunity.  So far though, he's not really getting exposed with more reps, so who knows what his deal is 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, benskins26 said:

 

I didn’t know he was still in the league. Thought the broncos dumped him last year. That was a really bad draft pick. 

A complete Devin Thomas type of guy. More into his looks, tats and selfies than actual football. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Llevron said:

it makes sense that he doesnt want to be here

it makes sense that hes holding out while he cant do anything else 

it makes sense that we trade him for value while we still can 

 

Best post I've seen in this forum for awhile

Link to post
Share on other sites

JP has Sims over Doctson? Who'd have guessed!

 

I am thrilled to finally hear Jeron looked good in practice.  Of course I started wondering out loud about his future, and BAM a solid camp report. What a disaster for the guy last year, and dare I think going up against our defensive front and Sweat is ****ing difficult. Just ask Ereck Flowers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...