Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

6 hours ago, carex said:

did something happen with the Eagles?

I was thinking the team that swept the Eagles and won the division last year might also contend in the NFCE this year.  But honestly, this division can fluctuate a lot from one year to the next.  The games tend to be close.

18 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Um they’re probably the most stacked team in the conference 

They are as stacked as they were when they went 9-7 last year, minus Nick Foles. "Stacked" means nothing when your star QB is injured, even less when your backups are not capable of starting.

42 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

They are as stacked as they were when they went 9-7 last year, minus Nick Foles. "Stacked" means nothing when your star QB is injured, even less when your backups are not capable of starting.

They added Jordan Howard and DJax to an already loaded offense and have elite level talent on defense.

they are stacked and will probably be good for 10-12 wins. Wouldn’t be a surprise if they got back to the SB. 

Also Carson Wentz is an elite QB and is healthy so yeah, they’re pretty damned stacked

38 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They added DJax, who still has a lot of gas

Exactly why the pass rush has to get there, not just get close. This season is gonna depend on the D even worse than we've been accustomed to.

12 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

They added Jordan Howard and DJax to an already loaded offense and have elite level talent on defense.

they are stacked and will probably be good for 10-12 wins. Wouldn’t be a surprise if they got back to the SB. 

Also Carson Wentz is an elite QB and is healthy so yeah, they’re pretty damned stacked

That was a 9-7 team last year who were 2 games behind the lowly Alex Smith led Redskins 9 games in. They are a good team to be sure, but to act like Wentz isn’t a huge injury risk and they are some juggernaut is false. 

10 hours ago, MartinC said:

Yep. I am excited for the season to start but my expectations for the Redskins are not that high. They are not super low either, I don't see a 3 or 4 win year unless we get killed with injures again.

O'line is a real concern if Trent does hold out and/or we trade him. Christian will need have improved by leaps and bounds from what we saw from last year. Without Trent at LT I am starting Keenum and Colt and giving Haskins a redshirt year.

I'm excited about watching the players that'll make me excited about the 2020-21 season.

9 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

That was a 9-7 team last year who were 2 games behind the lowly Alex Smith led Redskins 9 games in. They are a good team to be sure, but to act like Wentz isn’t a huge injury risk and they are some juggernaut is false. 

Again, they won the SB a year ago. Made the playoffs, won a playoff game last year despite an injury to their QB and a decimated beyond belief secondary. 

I believe the original point was in relation to the others in the division so yeah, they kinda are a juggernaut. The Skins haven’t even played them close since 2016. 

I do think Dallas can give them a challenge tho because unfortunately, they’re pretty good too. 

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm excited about watching the players that'll make me excited about the 2020-21 season.

I think this is where I am. I think the first 6-7 games are going to be really hard to stomach but I’m just hoping I can find some young talent to truly get behind in spot of that 

Dallas is a dumpster fire waiting to happen.Jerry just stated you dont need a rushing champ to win a Superbowl.Does he know Dak is his teams QB.The cowgirls are about to implode.I hope they pay Dak and Cooper then piss off Zeke the only legit Star they have.Its no secret Dallas goes as Zeke goes.

5 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Dallas is a dumpster fire waiting to happen.Jerry just stated you dont need a rushing champ to win a Superbowl.Does he know Dak is his teams QB.The cowgirls are about to implode.I hope they pay Dak and Cooper then piss off Zeke the only legit Star they have.Its no secret Dallas goes as Zeke goes.

Well, in all fairness to Jerry, when was the last time an elite RB was on a SB winning team? That's why you suddenly don't see guys like Bell and Gordon and Eliot getting paid. Gurley's deal is looking like a disaster waiting to happen. Only 3 of the top 10 rushers in the NFL last year made the playoffs.

I don't believe in paying an RB one 15-18 million. An RBBC seems to be where the NFL is going and no one does a better job of implementing that than the Pats. Even the Eagles who may consider the top team in the NFC has a plethora of RBs (Sproles, Clement, Howard and  the newly drafted Miles Sanders). 

17 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

So Jerry is refusing to feed him ?

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They added DJax, who still has a lot of gas

I can't wait to see what a loaded team can do with DeSean and Mike Evans. Wait, wrong loaded team.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Carson Wentz was an elite and healthy QB last year... until he wasn't. Carson Wentz was an elite and healthy QB when they went to the Super Bowl... except for the part where Foles had to win the last 6 games of the season and be the Super Bowl MVP. But hey, third time's the charm for Wentz and even if it isn't, I'm sure DeSean thrives because the backups are better than Jameis Winston, Ryan Fitzpatrick, RG3, and Colt McCoy. *looks at backup QB list again* Okay, maybe not. But shiny new RB, that will put them over the edge for sure!

Point is, nothing is set in stone in the NFC East, not even Dream Teams.

49 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Well, in all fairness to Jerry, when was the last time an elite RB was on a SB winning team? That's why you suddenly don't see guys like Bell and Gordon and Eliot getting paid. Gurley's deal is looking like a disaster waiting to happen. Only 3 of the top 10 rushers in the NFL last year made the playoffs.

I don't believe in paying an RB one 15-18 million. An RBBC seems to be where the NFL is going and no one does a better job of implementing that than the Pats. Even the Eagles who may consider the top team in the NFC has a plethora of RBs (Sproles, Clement, Howard and  the newly drafted Miles Sanders). 

I see your point but name a team with middle of the pack QB with out an elite RB that has been relevant?My point is Dak's the QB Zeke is Dallas's only hope of winning the division moreless a Superbowl.As for the Eagles Foles played like an elite QB during their Superbowl run putting up historical playoff numbers.The Pats have Tom Brady again an elite QB Goat so comparing the backs on the Eagles and Pats to the value of Zeke to his team is not relevant.If the cowgirls ever do anything Zeke will be the reason why he is the only elite player they have.

Unless trent shows we're ****ed folks...unless Callahan can really pull some **** together we don't stand a chance in this division..pfff people talking we got this division..Haaaa.haha..I truly feel gruden is gone by week 6..3 game win season..prep for it peeps.

13 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Unless trent shows we're ****ed folks...unless Callahan can really pull some **** together we don't stand a chance in this division..pfff people talking we got this division..Haaaa.haha..I truly feel gruden is gone by week 6..3 game win season..prep for it peeps.

if the team is that kind of a dumpster fire there's no reason to fire Gruden in season

43 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Again, relative to the other 3 teams in the division, who is a threat to them outside of Dallas? Those two teams have pretty much owned the division for close to a decade 

In the past decade, the NFC East has been won by Philly 3 times, New York 1 time, Dallas 4 times, and Washington 2 times. Hardly a monopoly. Nobody has had a monopoly on the division since the Eagles' 4 season streak ended 15 years ago. NFC East has always been unpredictable, and it's not going to change for the sake of a "loaded" team.

4 hours ago, carex said:

he's due to do something he's never done?

I mean to be fair he flew to drunkenly visit Shanahan midseason in '08 and would have hired him and fired Zorn on the spot if Shanahan hadn't told him to let Zorn ride out the year.

Edit: '09, thank you Cooleyfan 

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I mean to be fair he flew to drunkenly visit Shanahan midseason in '08 and would have hired him and fired Zorn on the spot if Shanahan hadn't told him to let Zorn ride out the year. 

09, but yes that’s true. Heck, i remember that was right after we had lost to the lions week 3, ending their 18 or 19 game losing streak. My dad has been home for all of FIVE MINUTES to eat dinner after getting home from the team plane back from Detroit, and he gets a call from dan saying don’t let anyone know where you’re going, meet me at Dulles. My moms like “where are you going?” And my dad’s like “don’t tell anyone. Top secret trip” 

i got home the next day from spending the night at a friends place and my mom said something about my dad being out of town but not sure where. I’m like “Denver??” And she’s like “how do you know? Nobody’s supposed to know that!”. I’m like “all of ES knows....it’s not exactly a secret...” funny thing is, even my grandparents, from a small town in western Iowa, knew 😂😂

apparently the Washington post contacted my dad asking if dan was in Denver to meet with Shanahan, and my dad’s like “what? No...check Redskins Park, his car is right there”. They checked, and it was😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

09, but yes that’s true. Heck, i remember that was right after we had lost to the lions week 3, ending their 18 or 19 game losing streak. My dad has been home for all of FIVE MINUTES to eat dinner after getting home from the team plane back from Detroit, and he gets a call from dan saying don’t let anyone know where you’re going, meet me at Dulles. My moms like “where are you going?” And my dad’s like “don’t tell anyone. Top secret trip” 

i got home the next day from spending the night at a friends place and my mom said something about my dad being out of town but not sure where. I’m like “Denver??” And she’s like “how do you know? Nobody’s supposed to know that!”. I’m like “all of ES knows....it’s not exactly a secret...” funny thing is, even my grandparents, from a small town in western Iowa, knew 😂😂

apparently the Washington post contacted my dad asking if dan was in Denver to meet with Shanahan, and my dad’s like “what? No...check Redskins Park, his car is right there”. They checked, and it was😂😂😂

I'm confused. Is your dad Mike Shanahan ?

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know who your Dad is.

4 hours ago, Ghedrick said:

I see your point but name a team with middle of the pack QB with out an elite RB that has been relevant?My point is Dak's the QB Zeke is Dallas's only hope of winning the division moreless a Superbowl.As for the Eagles Foles played like an elite QB during their Superbowl run putting up historical playoff numbers.The Pats have Tom Brady again an elite QB Goat so comparing the backs on the Eagles and Pats to the value of Zeke to his team is not relevant.If the cowgirls ever do anything Zeke will be the reason why he is the only elite player they have.

Sadly they have a lot of elite talent on both sides of the ball and as Pittsburgh showed, it’s not all that difficult to replace a top tier RB talent if you have the line which they do. I don’t deny Zeke makes them a better team but he’s also replaceable.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm confused. Is your dad Mike Shanahan ?

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know who your Dad is.

I'm pretty sure his dad worked for the team and/or lived next door to Larry Michael or something. May be mixing up my posters.

Archived