Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

On 8/22/2019 at 12:56 AM, HardcoreZorn said:

Can you expand on this if you don’t mind? Understand the Kiko part although first I’ve heard, but where does Malik Jefferson come into play?  

NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
MALIK JEFFERSONLB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
13142.jpg

Bengals waived LB Malik Jefferson.

The Bengals are cutting ties with Jefferson one year after making him a third-round pick. Jefferson only played 12 snaps as a rookie before landing on IR. He didn't show enough this preseason under a new regime to keep his spot. An 89th-percentile SPARQ athlete, Jefferson should get another shot.

RELATED: 
Aug 31, 2019, 9:26 AM ET
  •  

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe reports Dolphins LB Kiko Alonso has already cleaned out his locker in anticipation of a roster move this weekend.

Whether he's released or Miami is able to find an 11th-hour trade partner, it's safe to assume Alonso won't be a Dolphin come 4 PM ET. Cutting Alonso wouldn't provide any immediate cap relief, though it would put $4 million back in the Dolphins' pocket. The veteran missed a large portion of training camp while battling an undisclosed injury and wasn't seen as a strong fit in Brian Flores' new defensive scheme. The former Oregon Duck fared poorly last year, earning PFF's worst grade among qualified 4-3 outside linebackers.

Aug 31, 2019, 10:01 AM ET
  •  

• 3 months later...
On 7/28/2019 at 11:08 AM, Jumbo said:

<edited>

yeah, i got interested with the haskins selection and liked hearing about reed looking strong, and was even a tad excited about the idea of guice and peterson this year, but given history, reed is still "show me the season" and i wait to see if guice is going to stay healthy

for me, as a redskins fan, there's little daylight between being a pessimist and having a good memory 

26 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

for me, as a redskins fan, there's little daylight between being a pessimist and having a good memory 

The irony for me is I ran into Bruce of all people at the team hotel during camp.  He spots my kids both wearing Guice jerseys so he calls us the Guice family. I didn't really think fast as to what to say next so I said the obvious thing which is hopefully Guice is healthy this year.  Bruce said something like yeah fingers crossed. 

Guice is probably my favorite Redskin, had a man crush on him since his LSU days.  Bruce is one of my least favorite Redskins.  So hopefully good news this week relating to both people for different reasons. 😀

Archived