Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Cinci may let go of a LB struggling with coverage assignments... he’d look nice next to Reuben a year from now after being coached up by Rob Ryan.

Malik & Reuben ... chasing down Zeke & Barkley... oh how sweet it would be. 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

His was a tricky question. He asked when TC ended and when reporters are no longer allowed.

Those 2 things aren't necessarily the same event at the same time. Because I'm pretty sure reporters are still allowed at practice for a while, even after TC officially ends. Otherwise we wouldn't have Keim's recent observations from practice.

So the skins are back to redskins park than?....did i use the correct than/then there? Lol

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

So the skins are back to redskins park than?....did i use the correct than/then there? Lol

Yes, but you were also asking how long we'd get reporters' observations.

Based on tweets like the one I provided, apparently as recent as today, reporters are allowed at practice, though technically it's not considered TC.

3 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Cinci may let go of a LB struggling with coverage assignments... he’d look nice next to Reuben a year from now after being coached up by Rob Ryan.

Malik & Reuben ... chasing down Zeke & Barkley... oh how sweet it would be. 

We could still end up with speed on the inside, to chase those guys down, if Holcomb is ready for prime time this year.

He sure is not lacking in the speed department, not to mention a few other key attributes.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes, but you were also asking how long we'd get reporters' observations.

Based on tweets like the one I provided, apparently as recent as today, reporters are allowed at practice, though technically it's not considered TC.

Sorry for the confusion..I got ur point about the skins being back and that some reporters are let in....I was asking if I used the correct then than in that sentence...for ...ya know being spiffy lol

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We could still end up with speed on the inside, to chase those guys down, if Holcomb is ready for prime time this year.

He sure is not lacking in the speed department, not to mention a few other key attributes.

Absolutely, I shared his testing results when his athleticism was criticized here. Holcomb may be a good player, we have room for both.

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

ThePackisback is back !

According to the preseason, we have the best corps of receivers in the league.

In fact we have too many great ones. We're overloaded with so many great receivers, that we have extra ones to unload and trade.

Do you want to trade for a WR ?

How about a Pro-Bowl LT ?

How about both ?

Nah we're good. Honestly though our WRs are terrible. We have Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Jake Kumerow, and St Brown. You heard of any of those guys besides Adams?

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Nope...sorry if I sounded upset by saying I've been here the whole time...I was gonna go with and there you are lol..how are you? How's rodgers gelling with matt?

I hear they are getting along great. Rodgers said Fake News media is making up stories that they weren't getting along.

18 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I hear they are getting along great. Rodgers said Fake News media is making up stories that they weren't getting along.

Oh ya that kind of garbage goes on with alot of new coach/qb tandems...ya know media making up garbage lol..I'm just worried about Rodgers being to blaim with the major increase of the amount of wasted packer fans at games now...publicly saying "we need fans to drink more beer at games" hahaha

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

His was a tricky question. He asked when TC ended and when reporters are no longer allowed.

Those 2 things aren't necessarily the same event at the same time. Because I'm pretty sure reporters are still allowed at practice for a while, even after TC officially ends. Otherwise we wouldn't have Keim's recent observations from practice.

For example - this one from today...

yes I understood the question, I just chose to answer specifically when training camp ends (when the players left Richmond) because I didn't have an answer about when the reporters are no longer allowed at practice :) I figured someone else would have THAT part covered 😂

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Did I do something to upset ya? 

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Nope...sorry if I sounded upset by saying I've been here the whole time...I was gonna go with and there you are lol..how are you? How's rodgers gelling with matt?

In theory, you 2 oughta get along great.

No other 2 things complement each other quite so well.

One of you represents cheese. The other one represents potatos.

Really, what's better than cheese-covered-fries ?!

What a perfect dish for some Redskins' football.

8 hours ago, carex said:

he would get nabbed off his college tape and he would not be snatched off out PS, he would be picked up off the waiver wire when we tried to put him down there.  Remember every team doesn't dress six players every single game.  And no Penn is not awful old for a tackle these days, there are multiple tackles in the NFL older than him, two of them made the Pro Bowl last year

Penn limping around and not playing last week, plus our crack med team and OL injury history, has me skeptical.

You seem in the know - favor - try and expand on Geron being nabbed a little bit, as it seems conversations always end with "he will never make it" and no one has conclusive rebuttal since we are not in the minds of 30 GMs.  My asking is because it seems we have these discussions every year with someone, and yet they DO make it and most everyone was wrong.

So, what WOULD allow him to make it to the practice squad. If he were a 4th rounder, or 5th? Predraft rating of < 5.5, vs his 5.61? 2 major injuries, vs 1; projection to be at best a backup?  Obviously a major injury in less than 1 full game played, struggles in his 2nd straight camp, failure to reach projected potential, are all not enough to stifle interest/upside. Sure league wide demand for tackles is in play here, but lets assume demand is static since this is more focused on players attributes.   And few teams need a young tackle more than us.  Thanks in advance - if it's too complicated to answer so be it but then you get my point about how conversations are stifled.

8 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Nah we're good. Honestly though our WRs are terrible. We have Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Jake Kumerow, and St Brown. You heard of any of those guys besides Adams?

Allison was actually pretty productive up until he got hurt.  I dont know how much of that is Rodgers being the QB, but he looked like he could play.  He's a guy to watch for.  I suspect he's gonna have a nice year.  The rest, who knows.

I think our WRs are more unproven more than terrible.  Doctson and Richardson are known quantities of "meh", but the rest simply havent played enough (or at all) to know what they are.  I don't know how anyone can determine they're terrible already. Inexperienced and terrible arent synonymous.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Allison was actually pretty productive up until he got hurt.  I dont know how much of that is Rodgers being the QB, but he looked like he could play.  He's a guy to watch for.  I suspect he's gonna have a nice year.  The rest, who knows.

I think our WRs are more unproven more than terrible.  Doctson and Richardson are known quantities of "meh", but the rest simply havent played enough (or at all) to know what they are.  I don't know how anyone can determine they're terrible already. Inexperienced and terrible arent synonymous.

I think I remember our WRs dropping everything in sight against you guys last year. Stick em glue wouldn't have even worked.

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

In theory, you 2 oughta get along great.

No other 2 things complement each other quite so well.

One of you represents cheese. The other one represents potatos.

Really, what's better than cheese-covered-fries ?!

What a perfect dish for some Redskins' football.

I think it's all good. Your comment was hilarious LOL. 

So this reporter for USA Today did a team by team breakdown on "How hot is your coaches seat?"

I thought what they wrote about Jay was kind of funny.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS, JAY GRUDEN: THE EARTH'S CORE

Five years, no playoff wins and a three-year playoff drought. Alex Smith's injury didn't help Gruden's progressive cause when it happened, and that's just bad luck. His only hope is to get Dwayne Haskins into starting shape quickly.

Another sub .500 year from Gruden and he's out.

Even when Perine was at his best in his 100 yard games, I saw his runs as FB dives.  The play would be over in less than 2 seconds, and he was good for 2.5 yards a pop.

He is a true north south runner, which knowing his frame shouldn't surprise anyone.  I took a look at his record setting day, and indeed there are very few cuts / dancing behind the LOS.  There is a little one at the 4 minute mark, after which I gave up watching.  Signs point to him being a traditional fullback without the physicality.  I do think he has underrated hands which may be a factor in Jay's Perine love fest.

There is truth to a back needing blockers, but dare I think it's never been truer for a back more than SP. His polar opposite is none other than the infamous Barry Sander.

One of the things that worried me a bit about Perine when we drafted him was how HUGE some of the holes were he was able to run through. If you watch that record setting day above, a ton of his yards came on plays where his OL gave him a hole he could have driven a truck through. I was still hopeful because I liked his size and seeming physicality. 

But after 2 seasons of watching him I can truly say I've never seen a 240 lb RB go down with so little contact. I don't know if he just doesn't have the balance or what...but he rarely breaks tackles which is wild for a guy with his size and supposed strength. He also has mediocre to poor vision and his lateral agility is sorely lacking. 

He's basically a guy who will give you yards if you give him a big ass north/south hole to run straight down. Otherwise he's a guy who consistently takes a few steps, misses a small but available hole, runs into a couple guys, and almost immediately goes down. So in the NFL, where you don't often get those kinds of huge north/south holes and have to rely on your vision/cutting/etc....well, he'll be lucky if he's even a JAG. 

Archived