Malapropismic Depository

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

Not sure.

Last I heard, when they boarded the plane to Cleveland, they wrapped him in bubble wrap, and put him in the Fragile section of Cargo...jk.

Not implying he's injury prone either, just that they're trying to protect him.

Sounds like Montez won’t play. 

 

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1159455440872361984

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Sources close to friends close to Chris Cooley's favorite grocery store clerk say that the real reason Montez isn't playing is because he has homesickness. Homesickness of the calves is a real danger folks, Montez has succumbed to it and is a bust.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Sources close to friends close to Chris Cooley's favorite grocery store clerk say that the real reason Montez isn't playing is because he has homesickness. Homesickness of the calves is a real danger folks, Montez has succumbed to it and is a bust.

I’ve heard about this disease, ‘homesickness’. In fact, in 71% of cases the root cause was the erroneous switching of the Bavarian Creme donut and the Boston Cream. I also think it shouldn’t be overlooked that 71 is also the number of Trent Williams. I think there’s a story here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Sources close to friends close to Chris Cooley's favorite grocery store clerk say that the real reason Montez isn't playing is because he has homesickness. Homesickness of the calves is a real danger folks, Montez has succumbed to it and is a bust.

 

That sounds about right. Typically a player is given about 10-14 days of Training Camp, before they're eligible to be called a Bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

 

 

🙄

 

 

Disappointing for sure, but it'll give us a chance to see more of guys like Brailford, McKinzy, Smith, Flowers...and hopefully see if Ryan Anderson's "breakthrough diet" has made a difference in his play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

 

Disappointing for sure, but it'll give us a chance to see more of guys like Brailford, McKinzy, Smith, Flowers...and hopefully see if Ryan Anderson's "breakthrough diet" has made a difference in his play.

Brailford out as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer, Sweats leads the list of the guys I was interested in checking out tonight.  Can't we just have something nice for once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 11:20 AM, volsmet said:

 

DH needs to see zones non stop, he struggled fairly significantly v them in college, it’s a more complicated read, but it’s also where he showed the most growth. Nebraska, Washington, Purdue games showed him confused one snap but his ability to put the bad plays behind him displayed uncommon maturity for a guy with such limited experience. Psu kept him pretty limited, but then Michigan had no success with their zone d v DH ... it was interesting watching him process the different looks from one week to the next, it’s going to be a ridiculous jump to seeing nfl speed & windows when his feet & rhythm are issues ... long way to go, but the potential, work ethic & attitude are all special.

 

I think many, not you, underestimate where he struggled & how that translates early. 

 

Zones got him a couple times tonight, great opportunity for the offensive staff to work with DH. Easy to bait the kid now, but it will get more difficult with each snap.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like Joey T said...basically...

It's a successful preseason game, if it ends without any of your players being carted off the field.

We couldn't say that after last year's 1st preseason game.

And the Lions couldn't say it this year...new WR Kearse broke his leg.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone butt hurt about the loss..I still can't grasp the reality that football is here already...god time goes by way to fast..yukk... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from last night's game, our secondary might be worse than expected, but our LBers might be better.  Holcomb looks like the steal of our draft class thus far, and Ryan Anderson has become a nice little player.  There is real depth in that group, which is reassuring after losing Foster so early.

 

I can see a future of Sweat and Kerrigan on the outside with Anderson rotating in (particularly on run downs), and with Holcomb starting at Mike and Foster starting at Will with Harvey-Clemons rotating in for pass downs.  And that group is pretty ferocious and a really strong compliment to a talent rich defensive line.

 

They got touched up early but found their bearings quickly in the first quarter.  I think the defense is going to be pretty good.  30 points off four or five turnovers and very few sustained drives is inevitable.  They played well all in all.

 

The offense is a damn mess though.  I don't really see where it gets better this year either.  We are going to need them to figure something out in the run game and we absolutely need all of our backs to get healthy and for the right side of the line to stay healthy.  That is the only way we move the ball at all this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We came out like we normally do under Gruden - lifeless, seemingly without any sense of urgency or discipline. Too bad we can't open the season against the Cardinals and then play them 15 more times. I should take that back. Even with the terrible coaching staff they have out in Zona, they still looked better prepared last night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Everyone butt hurt about the loss..I still can't grasp the reality that football is here already...god time goes by way to fast..yukk... 

This gets repeated year after year but MOST (if not all) of the people disappointed, are disappointed because the team played like crap and NOT because they lost a preseason game. There is a difference.

 

Everything the Skins are known for showed its ugly face again. Giving up large chunk plays, guys wide open, missed tackles, turnovers, penalties, inability to score TD, dropped balls, inability to take advantage of a turn over, redundant and predictable play calling on both sides, special team derps.

 

This should not happen year after year. The win/loss in a preseason does not matter but I think a fan of this team should want to see the team play well even in preseason. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle

Josh Norman jumped over a bull

The whole league laughed to see such a sport

And Bruce Allen's still pullin' the wool

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyst said:

This gets repeated year after year but MOST (if not all) of the people disappointed, are disappointed because the team played like crap and NOT because they lost a preseason game. There is a difference.

 

Everything the Skins are known for showed its ugly face again. Giving up large chunk plays, guys wide open, missed tackles, turnovers, penalties, inability to score TD, dropped balls, inability to take advantage of a turn over, redundant and predictable play calling on both sides, special team derps.

 

This should not happen year after year. The win/loss in a preseason does not matter but I think a fan of this team should want to see the team play well even in preseason. 

Tomato Tomato 

4 hours ago, skinzplay said:

We came out like we normally do under Gruden - lifeless, seemingly without any sense of urgency or discipline. Too bad we can't open the season against the Cardinals and then play them 15 more times. I should take that back. Even with the terrible coaching staff they have out in Zona, they still looked better prepared last night.

Wanna go five bucks on week one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Last year, we were horrid in preseason....but then started 6-3 in the regular season...things didn't go downhill until the avalanche of injuries.

Great reminder and one that everyone desperately needs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

i found 10 dollar lower bowl tickets for preseason game 2 on thursday

They’re all over stubhub for $7 before fees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GOSKINS_08 said:

They’re all over stubhub for $7 before fees.

Yup but they were 400 level seats

 

I sit right behind the end zone! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a lot of people here are enthused about O'Connell as OC. I am not. Wouldn't never hired him in a million years; wouldn't have brought him in previously as QB coach either. There has just been some really poor decision-making in terms of staff composition. Some of it, of course, is due to the fact that many potential hires don't want to go to Ashburn because of the power that Rasputin obviously wields in that front office; also because Gruden isn't viewed as a HC with any projected longevity beyond this year. O'Connell was a bad hire. Rattay is a terrible hire. That is not going to help Haskins, so it worries me.

 

As far as not reading too much into preseason, Gruden has shown us in far too many years of employment with this team that preseason equals precursor. What you see is what you're gonna get. I hope like hell it's different this season, of course, but I've never been sold on Gruden, and he hasn't done a single thing to change that perspective since his opening press conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Tomato Tomato 

Wanna go five bucks on week one?

I will take that bet.  $5 straight up?  I take the Eagles and you got the Skins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Csup said:

I will take that bet.  $5 straight up?  I take the Eagles and you got the Skins?

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Yup but they were 400 level seats

 

I sit right behind the end zone! 😎

No lol. There’s tons of lowers under $10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.