China

Birds Aren't Real

‘Every tweet is a lie’: Birds Aren’t Real campaign spreads message with new Memphis billboard

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A new movement is accusing politicians of spreading lies through tweets — literally.

This month, a billboard that reads “Birds Aren’t Real” went up on the Highland Strip near the University of Memphis. According to one Memphis man, it’s part of a movement to educate people on a mass government surveillance program that replaced birds with drones.

birdsarentreal.png?w=770

That may sound like a joke to some, but don’t tell that to Peter McIndoe.

This Big Brother (or would it be Big Bird?) theory is that beginning in 1959, the United States government started killing off all birds in the country while simultaneously replacing them with identical, undercover surveillance drones — what we now call “birds.” Believers say that footage is used to monitor all Americans every day.

McIndoe, who is from Arkansas and said he moved to Memphis to become a “full-time activist,” said he didn’t start the movement, but around 2015, he joined because he always had a “distrust” of the feathered beings. He wanted to spread that message further than the stickers or posters, so he put up the billboard in Memphis.

“We wanted to put it up in a big city, the Paris of the West,” McIndoe said. “We came to the one city we knew would be the big deal: Memphis, Tennessee — the 901.”

McIndoe said other “bird truthers” have come to Memphis just to see the billboard. He also said other people think it’s all a joke.

“We don’t find this humorous,” he said. “This is a serious issue. And this is something where we’re trying to spread awareness of unconsensual surveillance happening on a mass level. Birds are lying to them every day. Every tweet by a bird is a lie.”

“I consider myself to be a normal American,” McIndoe said. “I wake up in the morning, brush my teeth, wash my car, and I have an avid disbelief in avian beings.”

He said the government-controlled bird drones use power lines as “charging units” to power up, and birds that are eaten — like chicken and turkey — are actually synthetic meat alternatives.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 4

There is no goddamn way this is real. :ols:

“I knew I had to give my all to the movement, so I abandoned everything,” he said. “I left my friends. I abandoned my family. I have not spoken to them since, and I made the truth my family.”

Though his view may be uncommon, McIndoe doesn’t like to consider this a conspiracy, and he said he doesn’t identify with other conspiracies.

“Flat Earthers are out of their minds; they’re nuts,” he said. “There’s a lot of crazy people out there.”

He said this is just a phenomenon in the U.S., and it’s a reason for the distrust of the U.S. government.

“Sometimes I’ll travel internationally just to breathe that drone-free air,” he said. “Sometimes I’ll go to the Himalayas, look around at all the real birds there. It gives me this warmth, this feeling of hope, for what this country could be if we can fight back, change legislation and get these drones out of here and the real birds back in.”

• Haha 2

Arguably the funniest thing about this is that he called Memphis "The Paris of the West."

Now I've never been to either place.  But I can't imagine that there's any kind of comparison there.  

Posted (edited)

Birds are OK.  C'mon everybody loves a pair of great tits:

oF9Uoch.jpg

Edited by China
  • Haha 1

There's no way this is real.  This has to be an excellent troll job.  I mean, look at this from the Birds Aren't Real website:

All across this wretched country there are leaders, those that have chosen to lead. To impart the knowledge of this travesty to every man, woman, and child. They will not rest, and can't (even if they wanted to) as there are drones on top of their house making loud noises. This bird nightmare makes the Illuminati and JFK conspiracies look like a toddler playing in the Burger King Play Place.

:ols:

Someone somewhere had a hilarious idea and wanted to see who they could get to fall for it.  And apparently it's working.

Who wants a t-shirt?  These are great.

MR0118_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1562259223

bigbirdcropped_1024x1024@2x.png?v=155440

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Those t-shirts are too good for this to be a real belief. I'd buy one but I'd be afraid people might actually start believing this. It would like people who bought Pepe merch years ago but can't wear it in public anymore.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, China said:

“I consider myself to be a normal American,” McIndoe said. “I wake up in the morning, brush my teeth, wash my car, and I have an avid disbelief in avian beings.”

He washes his car every day?

Someone call the FBI on this guy, that's not normal.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If anyone wanted to compile some of China's wackiest threads, this has got to be near the top of the list.

This thread delivers. 

/ big bird propaganda shirt 

eFfmdb3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

Realistic bird looking drones are out there. So be careful when visiting other countries. LOL!

That guys vote counts as much as ours. 

Also I’m definitely ordering some of these shirts 

Conspiracy theorists make t-shirts?!  That brings together two of my favorite things, and somehow I never thought to look.  That bird watching one is brilliant.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So does that mean that the Magpies in Australia are actually law enforcement ?

I'd always gotten the impression that Magpies were theives.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So does that mean that the Magpies in Australia are actually law enforcement ?

Do they seem to be enforcing any laws to you?  Clearly this drone tech has been taken over byxactly who you'd expect to be behind birds programmed to loiter around a specific area and harass anyone that happens by for not good reason.  The age old enemy of the young and old alike, teenagers. 

6 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I'd always gotten the impression that Magpies were theives.

Crooked cops. 

Is this the new conspiracy theory the hipsters are jumping on, now that being a flat-earthier is too mainstream?