Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daily Beast: Jeffrey Epstein Arrested For Sex Trafficking of Minors. Ghislaine Maxwell guilty of sex trafficking a minor for Jeffrey Epstein and four other charges

Cooked Crack

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah that does seem dumb as hell, along with the foiled phone.

Then again, she is /was a socialite with incredible wealth.  Usually with that kind of dough, you can go through life without the need to develop various  critical thinking/social skills needed for us normal folk, or even low level criminals. 

Something she has in common with the Trump tribe. Their lack of intelligence is astounding.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Something she has in common with the Trump tribe. Their lack of intelligence is astounding.

I'm laughing...you have no idea how many times my husband & I would look at each other with our mouths open, and just start cracking up...from the escalator ride on, what a ****ing disaster. 

Except then we would remember that our democracy is at stake...and it's not funny anymore. (We missed Jon Stewart terribly.) 

• Like 1

Judge denies bail for Ghislaine Maxwell after she pleads not guilty in Jeffrey Epstein sex crimes case

A federal judge on Tuesday denied bail for Ghislaine Maxwell, the British socialite accused of facilitating the sexual abuse of young girls in the mid-1990s by her former boyfriend Jeffrey Epstein, the now-dead investor.

Maxwell, who will remain in jail pending trial, pleaded not guilty at the bail hearing in Manhattan federal court, where her lawyer had sought her release on a $5 million bond.

Maxwell poses “a substantial risk of flight,” said Judge Alison Nathan.

“The risk is simply too great” for Maxwell to be released on bail, Nathan said.

The judge noted Maxwell’s wealth, citizenship in Britain and France, other international ties and lack of strong family or business connections in the United States as she denied the bail request. 

Nathan also cited the “seriousness” of Maxwell’s alleged crimes as a reason she would have to flee and said no bail condition, or combination of conditions, would ensure she would willingly appear in court on the charges.

Maxwell, 58, faces up to 35 years in prison if convicted of crimes that include enticing minors into traveling to have sex with Epstein, and perjury.

The daughter of the dead crooked British media baron Robert Maxwell did not visibly react to the judge’s decision, which she saw and listened to via a video teleconference from a Brooklyn, New York, federal jail.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah that does seem dumb as hell, along with the foiled phone.

Then again, she is /was a socialite with incredible wealth.  Usually with that kind of dough, you can go through life without the need to develop various  critical thinking/social skills needed for us normal folk, or even low level criminals. 

17 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I've had this same conversation with several friends. My answer: hubris.

I think it was a combination of this, in regards to why she stayed in the US.  Combine the two, you get a person that doesn't think the rules apply to them.

Glad she didn't get bail.  Now she just doesn't need to commit "suicide".

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

Mystery of Ghislaine Maxwell’s Wealth Hangs Over Sex-Abuse Case

The daughter of one extremely rich man and the longtime confidante of another, Ghislaine Maxwell has always enjoyed proximity to wealth. But how much money she has herself is a mystery.

Maxwell, who has pleaded not guilty to charges she recruited girls for sexual abuse by Jeffrey Epstein, is spending the next year in jail in part because her “opaque” finances led the judge overseeing the case to conclude she was an extraordinary flight risk.

“At a basic level, the defense argument is that she cannot remember off the top of her head just how many millions of dollars she has,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Alison Moe said at Maxwell’s bail hearing on Tuesday. The prosecutor said Maxwell’s claims to have less than $1 million in the bank and no monthly income was “implausible.”

Evidence of great wealth on Maxwell’s part, especially if the money came from Epstein, could bolster prosecutors’ depiction of her as fully complicit in his crimes. Her lawyers have so far suggested Maxwell, 58, is less wealthy than many believe and sought to distance her from Epstein’s private-jet and private-island lifestyle.

Edited by China

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

A minor issue (no pun intended) but how do you pronounce "Ghislaine"?  I've heard three or four different versions. 

I've been using "Gill-tee."

Mentally, I've been pronouncing it Jizz-Lane.

Apparently:

According to Vanity Fair, the "s" in her name is silent, meaning it is pronounced "Gee-lane"

Link

Edited by China

So does she get mass protection and put in a plastic bubble or do the security guards get fired for arguing about how to pronounce her name while she gets hanged to.

"Get the rope before Guh-lane wakes up."

"It's Gee-lane, you idiot."

"I don't Gee-ive a damn, I get paid by the job, not by the hour."

Two clerical errors in a row says they are past trying to hid it, its all cover up, not what you know what you can prove, try and stop me territory.

• Like 1

Ghislaine Maxwell hired fake news purveyor Jacob Wohl to smear her and Jeffrey Epstein's alleged victims, a former friend has told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview.

As part of a $25,000 deal made in June, Wohl and his lobbyist colleague Jack Burkman also allegedly pushed to get New York US Attorney Geoffrey Berman, who had led Epstein's case, fired in order to stall or stop the criminal investigation into Maxwell.  

Wohl and Burkman are far-right lobbyists who have become a laughing stock in DC after several failed attempts to smear top political figures including Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Cruz, Robert Mueller and Dr. Anthony Fauci by paying women to make false claims of sordid affairs and drug-dealing.

One of the women they tried to use for their smear plots, Maryland model and paralegal Kristin Spealman, told DailyMail.com the men had been hired by Maxwell, who currently faces trial over charges she and Epstein trafficked underage girls for sex.

Spealman, 36, said the lobbyists bragged to her they had been hired in early June for $25,000 to dig up dirt on Maxwell's alleged sex trafficking victims and to get Berman fired using Burkman’s supposed influence with Attorney General William Barr.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

****ing dumbass.  Not even surprised by it.

I saw that live. Was wondering why this dude was wasting our time asking that. Did not expect well wishes for a woman who *checks note* was arrested for procuring underage girls for a pedophile. Trump's ready to end children trafficking any day though according to Q folk.

"I wish her well" I posted this in the election thread.  I couldn't believe what I'd heard while watching the Covid-19 press conference. Here's the video in case anyone offers you the out of context excuse.  As usual the most damaging political ads against Trump are simply quoting exactly what he says:

Defenders on the interwebs are already saying he was being sarcastic.  Sure he was.

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

"I wish her well" I posted this in the election thread.  I couldn't believe what I'd heard while watching the Covid-19 press conference. Here's the video in case anyone offers you the out of context excuse.  As usual the most damaging political ads against Trump are simply quoting exactly what he says:

(edited out video)

Defenders on the interwebs are already saying he was being sarcastic.  Sure he was.

Maybe it was sarcastic, because he knows the cameras have stop working 👀?

• Confused 1