Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you pay to go to Training Camp

Burgold

Would you attend training camp if you had to pay for it?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend training camp if you had to pay for it?

People have stopped going to games. Why would they pay to go to a practice? 

Simple supply and demand. Eagles have lowered the 'supply' of practices that fans can attend and they have ample 'demand' from their fan base. 

Nope, no need to rehash the above arguments stated by everyone else.  I've gone a few times over the years and each time I was more and more bored watching it.  I would not like any idea of paying to get a better view; it just simply makes it harder for people who cannot otherwise afford it and get stuck with less opportunities for a free view.  

7 hours ago, KevinthePRF said:

Didn't Snyder do this in 2000 for one year and then canned the idea because it was a disaster?   There was a reason beyond just digging deeper in fans pockets that made him ax it but I don't recall why. 

Might be because then, scouts from other teams could come and watch your training camp practices if you charged admission.

They've since dropped that rule, but that might be why he stopped it then.

Not to mention all the harsh criticism Snyder got for charging admission might of had something to do with it.

No chance Lance.

As others have said, I'm no longer paying to go to games and wouldn't entertain driving to Richmond to watch training camp for free; much less pay to do so.  This will be year 2 that we won't be going to any games.  It was probably one of the best decisions I've made in a long time.  I should have pulled the rip cord much earlier than I did.

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Vet said:

No chance Lance.

As others have said, I'm no longer paying to go to games and wouldn't entertain driving to Richmond to watch training camp for free; much less pay to do so.  This will be year 2 that we won't be going to any games.  It was probably one of the best decisions I've made in a long time.  I should have pulled the rip cord much earlier than I did.

It really is a freeing feeling isn't it?  Last year was the first year I didn't attend any games and I never felt so relieved.  It's amazing what you can get done when you don't tie up an entire Sunday going to FedDump.

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Training camp is the time of the year when fans still have hope.

Then season begins and reality strikes back.

I think that's the part that has worn on the fan base. Every time we feel hope the team puts a toll booth right in front of it to ensure they are getting every dollar they can. 

It's hard not to feel like they would identify the fan base going to free events and determine it's a 'marketable opportunity' and then start charging for access, parking, expired  bankrupt airlines peanuts, etc...

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 10:42 PM, Stadium-Armory said:

If camp is free opposing scouts can't attend. If you charge, they can. That's the way it was about a decade ago when we charged for training camp and was the primary reason given for ending the experiment. Not sure if that rule is still in place.

That rule changes a few years ago.  Now it’s off limits to opposing scouts no matter what.

———-

I hope the eagles get roasted for thi for 20 years like Snyder has been.  I swear there are some fans who still hold that as a large piece of evidence against Snyder, and it was on 2000.  Put another way, if you were an elementary age kid who had to pay the  $10, you’d be around 30 now possibly with kids of your own... it was that long ago. 

Just got back from Training Camp.  First time ever going, been a season ticket holder for 9 years.   We went on a charter bus the Redskins took from Fedex Field this morning.  Was pretty nice,  they provided Breakfast and Lunch and gave us VIP passes at Training Camp.  There was only about 25 of us.   Would definitely do it again if they decide to do this next year.

Archived