Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OURYEAR#56

Unexcusable George Edwards, plain and simple.

This guy has been a bust this year. i think he's too caught up in all the negative fan fair this eason. He's a joke plain and simple. HOW IN HELL IS THERE NOT EIGHT MEN IN THE BOX YESTERDAY? all the Cowboys can do is run the ball. The conditions yesterday should have made George edwards blitz and stunt the line like crazy. I only saw two stunts, and the blitz worked early. Why did we go away from it. Why is Trotter playing Read Defense yesterday. In condition like that, it's impossible for a big D-linemen to cut up field. We played right into the Calfboys hands. No imagination, no grasp of the Defense to run, no balls to call the blitz, No job for you George Edwards. 189 yrads to Troy Hamdick is unexceptable. :doh:

I agree, that's a piss poor job for the defense. And it does go back on his shoulders since he manages that unit. The only thing I will say that isn't his fault is the fact that our offense put our defense back on the field alot yesterday. Alot of 3 and outs. Which is what we are accustomed to seeing here in Redskin land now a days. I'm just embarassed today. I can't even peek over my cube today. :rolleyes:

In part I agree with you, there should have been as many people in the box as necessary to keep Troy Hamhock from looking like Jim Brown. But then, how can you expect any defense to be on the field the majority of the game and maintain their effectiveness. I think we will see Edwards back next year – and we’ll all cross our fingers.

:(

Hmm, I think if you are going to be angry at a coach, I would be angry at Spurrier. I am not saying GE called a great game yesterday... but had we scored some points at some point in the third quarter, I am not completely convinced that it would have turned out exactly the same way.

I don't know what was wrong with Hass, but some of the execution of those plays was just plain pathetic. How do you just hand them the ball on so many passes...

Edwards is guilty on two fronts:

1. Refusing to scheme to a particular opponent (ala Spurrier)

I have yet to recall Edwards ever altering his scheme for an opponent. It's the same type of hubris that has plagued Spurrier.

2. Refusing to force his LBs to play with discipline

I get ill everytime I see Arrington, Trotter, and Armstead try to "feel" the play when you can obviously see what gaps they should be filling. I get even more sick when EVERY freaking offensive coordinator we play utilizes the same off-tackle plays to take advantage of our poor outside run defense. Then they'll mix it up with a counter or play-action that leaves our LBs thinking, "hey, that's not fair, you haven't done that before." Our guys are thinking wayyyyy too much on the field trying to make a play, instead of reacting within the system.

Originally posted by bobzmuda

Edwards is guilty on two fronts:

1. Refusing to scheme to a particular opponent (ala Spurrier)

I have yet to recall Edwards ever altering his scheme for an opponent. It's the same type of hubris that has plagued Spurrier.

2. Refusing to force his LBs to play with discipline

I get ill everytime I see Arrington, Trotter, and Armstead try to "feel" the play when you can obviously see what gaps they should be filling. I get even more sick when EVERY freaking offensive coordinator we play utilizes the same off-tackle plays to take advantage of our poor outside run defense. Then they'll mix it up with a counter or play-action that leaves our LBs thinking, "hey, that's not fair, you haven't done that before." Our guys are thinking wayyyyy too much on the field trying to make a play, instead of reacting within the system.

Guilty as charged. Just reading his name, which sounds rather normal, sends thoughts of disorder and confusion. The name George Edwards is forever associated with anarchy. He's the defensive version of Norv Turner, he's just as soft on players, only difference is he sucks as a playcaller.