Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

It's as if John Bolton never left Trump's cabinet.  I am sure Bolton approves. I am sure McCain is smiling in his grave.  War is coming.

All these Trump supporters who for 3 years said Trump not getting us into another war was a virtue have once again exposed themselves to actually having no fundamental beliefs outside of "If Trump does it, it's good."  We are witnessing the return of the neo-cons being in charge of the GOP foreign policy.  They were likely never completely out of influence anyway, but they seem to be back to being the primary string pullers. 

A week ago nobody knew anything about any of this stuff, all it took were a couple interviews on Fox News to convince everyone that an escalation towards War is fine.  

Has any actual proof been provided of the supposed "multiple imminent attacks" which supposedly set this all in motion?  And I don't mean a pundit throwing up a digital map of Iran with some circles painted on it.  If people find this method of foreign policy acceptable (regardless of whether you think it is good that the guy is dead) then as a country we are just going to have to resign ourselves to the fact that endless wars are here to stay.

Edited by NoCalMike

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

Um...wtf?

I think what he's saying is "I hereby declare myself immune from those pesky laws that mandate congressional notification before doing things like starting a war, and hereby claim that this vague tweet announcing that I might later decide to do something, without provocation, constitutes compliance with those laws that I claim don't apply to me."  

Which, if so, would make it one of the more coherent tweets of his administration.  

2 hours ago, twa said:

the notion the price of oil would be less with a Dem at the helm is amusing.

Amusing? Did you see the one about Obama's efforts to increase domestic oil production put the US in a good position earlier in this thread? 

Edited by nonniey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Sadly, the guy who actually is guiding our foreign & military policy is a Dip**** of the highest order.

Putin is a Dip****?

or have ya'll changed your opinion on that?

• Haha 2

Looks like Trump has moved on from being Russian puppet being Israel’s Puppet.

i don’t know why Pompeo felt he needed to create some story that killing the General was to prevent specific future attacks.

It makes him look inept and wrong.  He has no know his word on this will be taken with a grain of salt. Why set yourself up for embarrassing.

He would have been better off saying it was a revenge killing. At least he’d be being honest.

Then the unforced errors about the cultural sites? Why mention your targets. What is the strategic purpose? I’m pretty sure if Iran has to choose between loosing all of their nuclear weapons infrastructure and their most sacred mosque, they’d give up the mosque. So it’s like he went out of his way to create marketing material for terrorists. Why?

On one hand the Iraqis owe us for helping them with Isis, on the other we created Isis... 

In 2016 it was all in against dangerous Mexicans who were pushing drugs, with a tasteful spritz of the stray terroristic Muslim.

Looks like 2020 is all about the Middle Eastern Menace...

Be Afraid.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84