Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

tho he recently said he doesn't think we should goto war with Iran, he is also a Iran hawk

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/12/james-mattis-iran-secretary-of-defense-214500

I just think he’s more qualified than Trump or even Bolton to deal with this.  It’s been a ****up from the top down though.  Strategically, my thinking is that Mattis would preserve human life if **** were to hit the fan.

13 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

@BenningRoadSkin

Trump: “You blew up one of our things, can we blow up some of yours? Oh... No? Oh ok... never mind.”

WHAT?? Apparently Trump actually thinks the world is a big reality TV show where you can orchestrate wars to improve ratings.

It's based on that guy's source, but it doesn't sound out the box with Trump.

• Like 1

Good it didn't happen. Even this blunder will backfire. Iran knows we will attack them at some point. Guarantee you every Iranian sleeper cell has been activated. They are making plans for worldwide attacks, the moment we strike.  You will see terror attacks worldwide, including right here.

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Good it didn't happen. Even this blunder will backfire. Iran knows we will attack them at some point. Guarantee you every Iranian sleeper cell has been activated. They are making plans for worldwide attacks, the moment we strike.  You will see terror attacks worldwide, including right here.

They been planning for war since we told them to kick rocks after they helped us in the Afghanistan war.

The biggest thing isnt even the terror attacks. They would destroy the Kuwaiti and Saudi oil fields. They would destroy the world's economy along with the attacks.

And its a ground war we cannot win. Its insane.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skintime said:

So by provoking them, they wimping out? 

What?

Iran has been our enemy for a long time...

We didn’t provoke Iran. They bombed a couple of oil rigs in a terrorist act and then shot down a drone in international waters. 

We pulled out of a legal agreement in a way which we were legally able to do. 

Spot the difference? We acted in accordance with international law, Iran didn’t.

Pulling out of the Iran deal was a mistake, of course, but acting like backing out of a treaty justifies what Iran did is ludicrous. 

Pulling out of the Iran deal is a sunk cost and has no bearing on whether Trump made the correct move to not strike Iran now. Two bad decisions don’t make a right one.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What?

Pulling out of the Iran deal is a sunk cost and has no bearing on whether Trump made the correct move to not strike Iran now. Two bad decisions don’t make a right one.

There is also the sanctions as well which are helping to cripple Iran's economy, so you are basically making a hostile nation more and more desperate.  I don't think anyone here is claiming that Iran's actions are justified though.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

There is also the sanctions as well which are helping to cripple Iran's economy, so you are basically making a hostile nation more and more desperate.  I don't think anyone here is claiming that Iran's actions are justified though.

They consider the sanctions an act of aggression, which if you look at the history of US foreign policy, it usually is.

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

It's based on that guy's source, but it doesn't sound out the box with Trump.

Yeah, they did the same thing with Syria, except Syria went along with it. They told Russia and Syria where they were going to bomb so they could get their stuff out of the way. Then everything went back to the way it was immediately afterwards. Trump is still basically a reality TV star playing a POTUS who doesn't realize that he's actually POTUS. 

I just don't think the President ought to broadcast to a foreign sovereign nation that we are not at war with... "Hey! We almost just attacked you!"

What good can come of that? I get... change your behavior or there will be consequences, but I don't think I've heard a Pres whether it be Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, or any other President in my lifetime say, "Hey, we had an attack all geared up and ready to go, but at the last second I canceled it."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I just don't think the President ought to broadcast to a foreign sovereign nation that we are not at war with... "Hey! We almost just attacked you!"

What good can come of that? I get... change your behavior or there will be consequences, but I don't think I've heard a Pres whether it be Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, or any other President in my lifetime say, "Hey, we had an attack all geared up and ready to go, but at the last second I canceled it."

Well, seeing as how they basically called up Iran before striking and said "Hey bros, is this cool?" I don't think Trump really gave up much.

But he probably would have written the tweet even without that having happened. So yeah, he's a complete mess and this whole administration puts the phrase "amateur hour" in a whole new light.