Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

25 minutes ago, Destino said:

If Bush had said that there would have been riots.  Anyone remember the size of those anti war protests?  With Trump it’s just the latest outrageous quote, one out of hundreds.  

trumps not talking about regime change in Iran.... situation is different and the war crimes thing is just a talking point by politicians and their naive supporters.

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

trumps not talking about regime change in Iran.... situation is different and the war crimes thing is just a talking point by politicians and their naive supporters.

You sure? The Geneva convention seems to be pretty clear on pillaging and looting.

Article 8 of the Statute of the International Criminal Court provides that in international warfare, the "pillaging a town or place, even when taken by assault" counts as a war crime. ... The Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 explicitly prohibits the looting of civilian property during wartime.

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It’s not regime change, but he’s justifying abandoning allies in favor of “taking the oil”.  That he said it proudly is unbelievable. 

22 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

my bad, I thought we were talking about killing the General as a war crime.

Pretty sure targeted assassination of a country's leadership is, too.  When not at war.  When he's traveling peacefully, in a country that invited him.  

But I know.  We called his country a bad name.  That makes it OK.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s not regime change, but he’s justifying abandoning allies in favor of “taking the oil”.  That he said it proudly is unbelievable. 

not to go off topic, but aren't we securing it for our allies in Syria?

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pretty sure targeted assassination of a country's leadership is, too.  When not at war.  When he's traveling peacefully, in a country that invited him.  

According to international law, he was not allowed to travel outside of Iran.  

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

But I know.  We called his country a bad name.  That makes it OK. 

His country is a bad name.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

You should have reminded Trump of that before his interview.  

If you are trying to make me watch a interview of his I need to remind you there is a law against cruel and unusual punishment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Larry said:

. . . he said, pulling a completely new "international law" out of his magical anus.  

not this time...

His track record includes support of the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. The United Nations had imposed an asset freeze and travel ban on him in 2007, and the U.S. sanctioned him again in response to his alleged involvement in the Syrian war in 2011.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1109846

17 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wow.  Feel free to stand in front of the line to get you some.

16 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea dude, that seems a bit far.  I guess if that’s how you feel, I can’t wait for you to get your bit of it.

The facts are what they are. When you do something like this, there are inevitably repercussions. Sometimes they’re direct and immediate and other times they come in the form of a long term intractable problem, e.g. Iraq.

So yeah, we can blow up more stuff faster than the Iranians. But do you honestly believe Tя☭mp and Co., are more likely to have a plan for this that doesn’t bog down and become forever war occupation part two? When that or whatever else happens, we own it and IMO brought it on ourselves.

As for me being in the front of the line, we don’t get much of a choice in that. Either way, when it’s your time, your ticket’s punched.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

. . . we want you to do us a favor.  

Seriously, for decades, when people overseas (usually overseas) were saying all kinds of rotten things about Imperial America, I used to be sure that they were wrong.  Not just wrong, but victims (or active participants in) intentional propaganda.  

But now days, the kinds of things that places like Russia and North Korea and the Ayatollah used to say about America?  Now the Trump administration is actually doing them.  

And I can't even see what it is that they think they're getting, that's worth completely destroying the reputation our country used to have.  Unless it's just keeping power for power's own sake.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1