Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Some even labeled a body of water. These people specifically should have their drivers licenses revoked.

I have to think a non-zero % was trolling.  Especially in this day and age.  No person with 2 brain cells to rub together would think Iran was in Georgia.  OUR Georgia.

However, I still agree with the drivers license revocation.  You troll on a poll, haha, have fun walking dip****.

• Like 4

Again, anyone else who talks and acts like him, would not be allowed to be in control of anything of consequence. Yet this one has an entire party up his ass so he is the most consequential.

All for a piece of **** they know will discard them the moment its convenient 

It does not compute

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Poor Iceland didn’t even get a single vote.

Thanks Obummer

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Ok guys did you not read the polling data??? The chose 1000 random people and had them throw a dart at where they thought Iran was on a map 10 feet away.

Dont take this from me 

• Haha 1

Going way out on a limb here but I almost tend to think that Trump still for the most part does not want a "War with Iran" instead, because he seems to be obsessed with Obama, he was desperately looking for something he could do to equal Bin Laden's kill, for his resume.  He has this strange obsession with both undoing anything Obama enacted and also taking credit for things Obama did, but then also doing anything he can to claim he has done something even better.    It's like every single speech he gives, or policy he talks about always relates back to Obama some how.  

Why does the right-wing eat it up?  Because they all still suffer from..........*drum roll*  Obama Derangement Syndrome.  Ahh yes, the term the right wing pundits decided to flip and put Trump's name in front of. 

The problem is, killing this dude is nothing like killing Bin Laden.  It is not in any way shape or form the same type of action. but people like Trump don't understand this.

The extent of Trump's expertise on this is, "Obama killed a bad guy, I need to go kill a bad guy"

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, redskins59 said:

Ehh,It's a fight that America doesn't want to get into either.  Isn't that obvious? Iran has alliances all over the region.  You want to start a regional warfare? Where's all this skirmish going on right now?  Iran or is it Iraq?

Of course America always wins wars, but then what?  Stuck in Iraq and Afghanistan for decades.

I am reading that Iran has the largest arsenal of ballistic missile in all of the middle east. What did Afghanistan have? It was  probably the poorest country in the world even back then. This year alone, there were 20 dead Americans in Afghanistan. Not a big number, but this after close to 20 years.

What's a win for America? Military vs military?  Yeah, that's a win.  Who doubts that? Then what? 

The Ayotollah has his followers no matter how unpopular he is, just as Saddam had his supporters. So prepare to fight his followers for decades.

With a country 4 times the size of Iraq, good luck with that. It's also a much bigger country population wise.

or even if you decimate their military, the remnants blend in and guess what you get another breeding ground for ISIS mfers to bloom.... But the douche bag in Chief never thinks 5 steps ahead or the order of effects for the dumb **** he does sometimes 

22 minutes ago, Destino said:

Is Trump ok?  I’m watching his address on Iran and he’s slurring a few words and is clearly out of breath.  Weird.

What he had to say was bull****.  Trying to blame the Obama administration for literally funding Iran’s terrorism and missile attacks.  Facts never get in the way for this guy.

he's got a number of health issues, i guess we all see that though,  inc. ones that can affect speech, on top of the "mental" ones

and between clinical medication (which i figure he takes at his whim as to type and amount when he can get away with it, to a point, like with doc ronnie) and with what else  he consumes from all kinds of categories of substances, his brain activity is likely a chemical-bath nightmare half the time...and that's before we even get into sleep issues (which can greatly affect mood and thinking of course)

but beyond medical stuff, even just in the realm of many commonly identified human failings/foibles that we all share to varying degrees, he is so excessive in manifesting so many of them that it's hard to grok those who are actually enthused about such a ball of toxic maladies other than when it fits under the 'birds of a feather' heading...i pretty much see the "i don't like some of the things he says and does but i like most of his policies and i hate dems so i'll support him" folks as pretty much making a distinction without a difference 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Ok guys did you not read the polling data??? They chose 2000 random people and had them throw a dart at where they thought Iran was on a map 10 feet away.

hah

they wouldn't have known what to do with me---i know my geography and am good with darts

• Haha 1

Throwing darts is too much like exercise.

Voters sure as hell can locate the aisle in Wal Mart where they find Oreo Double Stuffed Pizza Dogs and 2 gallon single serv Mountain Dew though.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Haha 5

- 41% think POTUS went ahead with the strike for political reasons, vs 40% who think he acted in the best interests of the US.

I don't think he does anything outside his own best interests, but sometimes they align. In this case they did.

I will say, I think this might have all worked out well for him.  As I stated, earlier in this thread (going back to like page 4), there had been an under response to Iran and that Iran was going to keep pushing him, which it did.

I don't like the idea of having killed somebody in Iraq (an independent country) and without consulting with our European allies and that might have longer term implications in getting people to cooperate with us (and I certainly don't like his talking about striking Iranian cultural sites or sanctioning Iraq if they did kick us out, which I absolutely think makes it more difficult for people to work with us in the future).

I'll also say, I really don't think he wants to go to war.  I think that would be a losing position for him, and I think he knows it.

But he also wants to appear to be tough (and I think at some level with respect to Iran, that's necessary.  Iran is going to push as much as they can.)

The key is to balance then.  He got "behind" early and was too soft.  There had to be an over correction.  This was it.  He didn't want to strike at Iran (made excuses like the hitting of the drone was an accident) before, and they kept pushing.  He saw the Iraq embassy thing as heading towards another Benghazi where he was obviously looking weak, and he over corrected in  a way that wasn't maximally productive.  But it might also work out.

(Though, I also wouldn't be surprised if Iran retaliates more in other ways in other places, especially if it can avoid direct involvement.  But Iran also doesn't want to go to war with us.)

Trump had to do something that I believe is unprecedented at least post-WW1 (openly target and kill a high ranking government official that we aren't really actively at war with in an independent 3rd country) because he under reacted to the initial provocations of Iran.  But it might actually work out.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m amused by the guesses that fall within various bodies of water.  It’s one thing to not know where a country is, another to fail so entirely at reading a map that you can’t tell what parts represent land.  

I'd like to believe that maybe the poll takers just asked people to throw a dart at the map hanging on a wall. 🧔

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

WTF, Dickey V?  Best Twitter response:

"Dickie, love the show, first time caller. You think Rutgers can sneak by Iran without Soleimani in the First Four games in Dayton?

I’ll hang up and listen."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Is Trump ok?  I’m watching his address on Iran and he’s slurring a few words and is clearly out of breath.  Weird.

What he had to say was bull****.  Trying to blame the Obama administration for literally funding Iran’s terrorism and missile attacks.  Facts never get in the way for this guy.

He was clearly breathing through his mouth and was out of breath. His nose is probably jacked up from snorting adderall. He seems to be falling apart even more rapidly lately due to impeachment stress and all the other things he is scared of coming out in the future.  He is not a well or good person. I feel like we are in the home stretch since this is the beginning of year four but I think this year is going to feel like a dog year compared to the last three.  Buckle up it's going to get uglier. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Gibber said:

He was clearly breathing through his mouth and was out of breath. His nose is probably jacked up from snorting adderall. He seems to be falling apart even more rapidly lately due to impeachment stress and all the other things he is scared of coming out in the future.  He is not a well or good person. I feel like we are in the home stretch since this is the beginning of year four but I think this year is going to feel like a dog year compared to the last three.  Buckle up it's going to get uglier. 

Yep....Here's hoping the impeachment story keeps getting hotter & hotter for him up to the SOTU so the public can witness his complete breakdown live & in color. 

• Like 2