Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

It was stressed earlier by Richard Engel (who I trust immensely) that these were NOT our bases. They are joint bases with more Iraqis than Americans. 

A technicality, but an important one. 

Yeah, Iran killing Iraqi's is old news.

14 minutes ago, twa said:

How many Iraqi's killed?

Does it matter?

**** no twa. Nothing matters except for the letter that someone puts after their name. Since Donald Trump is pretending to be a Republican, There is nothing he can do wrong.

See, there’s three different sets of rules. There’s obvious right and wrong that should be used to judge every day stuff pretty much like normal folk do, then there’s anything that your political party does which is completely fine, and anything that the opposing party does which is absolutely horrible and evil even if it’s the exact same thing that was fine when your party did it.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, visionary said:

just pointing out the absurdity that the ****ing president of the united states can be goaded by someone talking on television news

and the even more absurd reality that its just accepted

i want out

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Destino said:

Weren’t those targeting sites linked to Iran inside Syria and Iraq that had been attacking US military and civilians?  This seems to be an attack from Iran directly at US military bases.  Everyone was eager to point out killing Suleimani was an act of war, why are we hesitant to use that language now?  What Iran did is an act of war.  Now what?

I think it’s a mistake this mentality isn’t being used more in discussions by people on the left. 

there’s a weird anti-trump tone that seems to be overshadowing the actual situation and I don’t think that’s a good thing in the bigger picture. 

i don’t think the left wants to be seen as the party that chose Iran in this situation. And I think it’s hard to ignore that narrative and it’s potential if you have been paying attention over the years. 

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

And way to go twisting **** up, twa. It was just a point about "base ownership". 

He’s not twisting it up. He’s highlighting another aspect/perspective on the station. 

irans been involved in Iraq a lot. Especially lately. 

• Like 1

Just now, redskins59 said:

How big is this base?  It's supposed to be a mix of Iraqis and Americans (with probably way more Iraqis).  However, no Americans got killed.  Wondering if their missiles are this precise.

Huge... even by Texas standards.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Serious thought I had an hour ago:

this is all so trump can start a war and then play the “you can’t change presidents during war” card

My thinking (while remaining fully aware that I don’t actually know) is that when the American contractor was killed, the extent of trumps rationale may have been “this is kind of like Benghazi. I’ll show them how to handle a Benghazi!!” and now here we are.

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

Meaning perhaps that this is just the public response, but there will be other responses they can deny responsibility for in the time to come.  

Which is sort of how things have been so...

1 minute ago, clietas said:

Nah Trump wouldn't do that. He's a honest person with lots of integrity.

I don’t understand you

your first response was silly because you were too busy trying to be clever and not realizing you completely didn’t get what I said

and now this