Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

9 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I assume what Hersh means is that he is doubling down on PLANNING to commit a war crime, based on the fact he said he's strike cultural sites, it was pointed out that would be a war crime, and he said he'd still strike the sites.

While actually committing the crimes is worse than threatening, it's still reprehensible to even threaten, kind of like saying you'll use Sarin gas on a major city if you don't do what we say.

thank you. I forget that some here display willful ignorance to defend their boy Trump

22 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Won't quibble over what Trump is,  but seriously this is what you believe is the reason he was killed?

Committing a war crime? When did he do that?  (Although you did get me to quickly double check this mornings headlines).

SMH, stop already. It’s pathetic 

5 minutes ago, twa said:

feel better now?

quick question....is a embassy a cultural site?

Pathetic. 

27 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The saddest thing about this dog wagging is that if Trump wanted a distraction all he had to do was send and play up aid to Australia.

Instead, he is escalating things in the region and threatening to commit war crimes while one of our closest allies burns.

equally sad is that no one in the US expects the President of the US to even think about that let alone do it.

10 minutes ago, nonniey said:

hand wringing and wailing over Soleimani's death

You dont even want to be taken seriously do you? Its clear and has been said that the worry is how and why it happened as well as what happens next. Not that it did. If you cant even come to the correct table then we cant expect anything of worth to come from your participation. Not that anyone does. But i really want you to either be better to go away. One of those is clearly not happening to please, just be better. Please. Seriously im begging you to not post stupid things. No one wants that. 

edit: Smart reaction. And expected. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Not really, just a gut instinct.  Having lived in a 3rd world country, Im pretty familiar with the modus operandi of these type of people -- gangsters in government.  The only people they see as threats are those that directly threaten their personal business interests (they dont give a damn about threats to the country), and when they kill, its to hush someone up, get rid of a rival, or get rid of a threat 

For example, Kissinger and Bolton are evil SOBs ,but they arent just gangsters like Trump.  Somewhere in their twisted minds, they actually believe they are protecting the country.  Not Trump.

Anyhow, the only evidence I have is some article that linked the Trump organization to some money laundering operation run by an accolyte of Soleimani that was trying to acquire ICBM technology.  Apparently he couldnt get any US organization to do the laundering, except Trump which was considering it as late as 2016, but apparently dropped it once he got in office.  Or say they say.  My hypothesis is they didnt really drop it,  and thats why this general is dead.  Or something like that.  Point is, we need to investigate everything Trump does, with the assumption of a criminal motive.  The link to this article is on reddit worldnews page somewhere, 1st page I think, Ill look it up at some point today.       

Edit:  Never mind, just scroll up and read Cooked Crack's posts.  Thats what those posts are referring to.  Basically, Trump organization may have laundered money to help Iran get ICBM parts and technology.  Waaaay bigger than Ukraine, this is flat out treason-hang-him kinda stuff.  

That gives the Iranians a unique, non-violent way of getting back at Tя☭mp. They could simply leak or even openly release proof of this. Nothing would come of it because his toadies in the Grand Oligarch’s Party would continue to protect him but good luck trying to win an election after that. His base will vote for him as long as he stays on the make Muricuh white train, but the rest of the country wouldn’t be amused.

Meanwhile, during all the media frenzy over a possible war with Iran that likely won’t happen, so-called “Rocket Man” quietly stays on task making N. Korea a serious nuclear threat. Nice job Tя☭mp. I wonder if he also has some corrupt business deals with N. Korea too. “Muricuh first!

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I would be willing to bet money on that. And who is going to tell the President to get off of his phone during his intelligence briefing? No one. 

Im really curious on if the GOP every really stood for anything or if its always been a game and they just dont need to hide it anymore cause the Fox thing worked. 

I’mma have to go with option #2. 🙂

20 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You dont even want to be taken seriously do you? Its clear and has been said that the worry is how and why it happened as well as what happens next. Not that it did. If you cant even come to the correct table then we cant expect anything of worth to come from your participation. Not that anyone does. But i really want you to either be better to go away. One of those is clearly not happening to please, just be better. Please. Seriously im begging you to not post stupid things. No one wants that. 

edit: Smart reaction. And expected. 

If you want to a safe space from opposing views I suggest you join Democratic Underground.

7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

If you want to a safe space from opposing views I suggest you join Democratic Underground.

to be fair, your "handwriting" remark was more clown-level/troll-lite as written than not :)

es is not a safe space for anyone, including mods and admin---it's like life itself

21 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Just for facts sake - saying that people are upset that this man in particular was killed when they are actually saying that he was an evil person, deserved it, and that they worry about the timing, methods and repercussions of the move is not an opposing view. Its a lie. Or a Troll-light, as Jumbo put it. 

I tried it

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 3

@Llevron

my suggestion is to not get too wrapped up in your analysis on other people's "inner thoughts" or motives or generalizing aspects of their "personality/character", or at least posting much on that stuff

lots of pitfalls in terms of making solid arguments per actual topic and in terms of broaching forum rules in some cases

but it is ok to draw conclusions from a poster's body of work and make relevant comments...just remember there are lines to walk in that process, some described in our rules (like in # 5, but others too)....so being judicious is usually a good plan

Bush and Obama had the option to take this guy out and didn't. 

Maybe the guy had to go now but does anyone really trust Trump's judgement?

After the attack in Iraq, Trump didn't  want to look weak and not be Obama.

When this escalates, how will Trump handle it?

Trump is mentally a 7 year old; not the person I would trust when things blow up.

• Like 2

We are being sold the same bill of crap as the Iraq war. If you oppose the nonsense, you are obviously a tyrant loving, freedom-hating traitor.

The Middle East is full of scumbags. Whether it is our duty to eliminate every single one of them is a perfectly valid point, especially considering that the past 20 years of doing so  has somehow only made the situation worse. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

I assume what Hersh means is that he is doubling down on PLANNING to commit a war crime, based on the fact he said he's strike cultural sites, it was pointed out that would be a war crime, and he said he'd still strike the sites.

While actually committing the crimes is worse than threatening, it's still reprehensible to even threaten, kind of like saying you'll use Sarin gas on a major city if you don't do what we say.

But one of the "principles" of the Republican Party, which Trump has seized and magnified, has been "when someone points out that something you just said is satanic-level evil, don't retreat from it, double down on it."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Fred Trump laundered money for the Genovese Family and his ****heel son is no different. Mobsters through and through. There's no deal too shady for them. 

my eighth grade teacher in north east PA, just outside Scranton, was the sister of one of the mobsters. (I only knew her as mrs Genovese. don't recall her first name). I believe her brother killed his wife or somebody in the early to mid 80's, iirc. 

7 minutes ago, grego said:

my eighth grade teacher in north east PA, just outside Scranton, was the sister of one of the mobsters. (I only knew her as mrs Genovese. don't recall her first name). I believe her brother killed his wife or somebody in the early to mid 80's, iirc. 

And look which profile picture you picked.  

Just now, grego said:

Daniel Day Lewis as Daniel Plainview? (milkshake in hand, of course)

Maybe just be, but I thought it was a gangster.  

(Maybe says more about me.  But then, I was reaching for a joke, to begin with.)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Question how many of you posting here had a substantial knowledge base on who Soleimani was prior to his death?

And yes i did (Which was why I was pretty happy hearing the news that he was killed and we were the ones who killed him).

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

It's 2020 and we are still recycling the "yeah, well....Saddam was a bad guy" talking point for new possible war justifications?

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Question how many of you posting here had a substantial knowledge base on who Salaimani was prior to his death?

Well according to the comments and commentary on my facebook news feed, all you need is a few hours of cable news to make one a foreign policy expert. 

14 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well according to the comments and commentary on my facebook news feed, all you need is a few hours of cable news to make one a foreign policy expert. 

Which is why I'm asking who, on this board,  knew of him prior to his recent lamented death.

Edited by nonniey