Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

It's kind of peculiar how every time Fox covers this topic, they will say something along the lines of "Iran primed to enrich uranium beyond the levels agreed to in the Iran nuclear deal" as if Trump didn't tear up the deal in the first place.  

Actually, the I'm pretty sure the Iranian Nuclear Deal authorizes them to further enrich ....

If, .... wait for it ......, sanctions are re-imposed. 

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

Actually, the I'm pretty sure the Iranian Nuclear Deal authorizes them to further enrich ....

If, .... wait for it ......, sanctions are re-imposed. 

Trump really needs to be hit with the "chaos with no plan" concept by whoever ends up running against him.  Trump's pattern since being sworn in has pretty much been to use executive orders on anything he could, to undo Obama era legislation, while having zero actual plan on what to do from there, and this is made even worse and destructive considering her had a majority in the house & senate for the first two years so if he had these so-called "plans" it shouldn't have been so hard to actually present them.

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Trump really needs to be hit with the "chaos with no plan" concept by whoever ends up running against him.  Trump's pattern since being sworn in has pretty much been to use executive orders on anything he could, to undo Obama era legislation, while having zero actual plan on what to do from there, and this is made even worse and destructive considering her had a majority in the house & senate for the first two years so if he had these so-called "plans" it shouldn't have been so hard to actually present them.

And that was exacerbated by a couple of things... he never expected to win in the first place so there was precious little planning for what he would do once he took office.  And with his "us vs. them" mentality, distrust of outsiders, and bedrock demand for unwavering loyalty, he quickly ****-canned Chris Christie as head of the transition's efforts to staff up his administration.  Competence fell by the wayside as a criteria for a Trump appointment in favor of people who expressed fealty to Trump, looked the part ("How many times has Trump been quoted saying "That guy looks right out of Central Casting!"?), or appeared regularly on Fox News.

He runs his White House pretty much like he ran "The Apprentice" -  only in real life he always gets someone else to do the firing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

suspect that it's the "management style" that he's used in his "business success". 

If things are going smoothly, then look around for something you can screw up. Screw it up. And when your partners show to ask why you screwed things up, suggest that you'd be willing to stop screwing things up, if they'll re-negotiate the deal you already had. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Why is Iran suddenly so bold and provocative in their actions?  The only thing I can think of, is that their leadership is certain the west won't go to war.  That belief allows them to do things like this as a negotiation tactic.  They can be a massive headache and then offer to stop these things in exchange for something they want.

7 hours ago, Destino said:

Why is Iran suddenly so bold and provocative in their actions?  The only thing I can think of, is that their leadership is certain the west won't go to war.  That belief allows them to do things like this as a negotiation tactic.  They can be a massive headache and then offer to stop these things in exchange for something they want.

Because the US sanctions has wrecked their economy. All of this goes back to Trump backing out of the nuclear deal.

5 hours ago, kfrankie said:

Is their a conservative voice in any of these threads?  Or are the conservatives in these threads also anti-Trump?  If so, at least there is a consensus on something.  

There are conservatives here though most of them are anti-Trump it seems. That doesn't mean they are against everything. But in general they see him as disgusting and destroying the reasons they follow/ align with the GOP. Asd a matter of fact, lost of the older, wiser posters here who now would come off as Dem started as republican but adjusted their views as they grew. We should all aspire to be that open minded when possible. 

We still have a few jerks who bring up Obama and Hilldog at every criticism of Trump, habitually, as if there is no greater threat to America right now. And we still have those who "hate" Trump but are so scared of democratic policies that they would vote for him again to keep Warren away from those greedy poor people who want stuff but cant afford it. 

So yea, we are a good representation of the above toilet level of America right now. Every once in a while, though, the sewage finds its way back in. 

12 hours ago, Destino said:

As I've already said, they are pushing to see how far they can go and at the minimum are trying to force re-negotiations to the previous status quo.

I'm a little surprised/confused at this move, but you can expect them to keep being more aggressive.

It is basic human behavior (often seen pretty bluntly in little kids, but I see it more subtly in college students).  You told me no about something (in this case the Iran deal) and I'm going to behave worse so that you'll be happy if we can just back to where we were before and maybe I'll even get more than I had before.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kfrankie said:

Is their a conservative voice in any of these threads?  Or are the conservatives in these threads also anti-Trump?  If so, at least there is a consensus on something.  

How can a conservative be pro trump? Even if you side with him on policy, you have to be woefully disappointed in his ability to implement conservative policy. And when he frames the debate in inane ways - eg, “im not sure if neo nazis a racist” ... “I’m not sure if Russia interferes with elections”... “Mc Cain is a loser” ... ect ect...

How can you support trump? He is ineffective.  He was marketed as a deal maker - so you can’t blame his ineffectiveness on pelosi or the dems, he said he could get it done. He can’t. 

12 hours ago, Destino said:

They're revealing who they've been the whole time.

Not much I agree with on the neocon front, but Iran is apparently as bad as they've always said.

Well-meaning people don't act like this when they think they can get away with it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kfrankie said:

There are conservatives.  There aren't any right wing extremists.

18 hours ago, visionary said:
What were we doing before?

Observing? I’m assuming there aren’t enough US resources in the area to protect every foreign ship that sails through the region. There were a number of attacks on foreign tankers in June that we didn’t/couldn’t prevent, and this latest attempt on a British ship was deterred by the British navy.

Have to say, it does rather surprise me that Trump is successfully bullying other nations into sanctioning Iran. All it would take to end Trump's escalation of this thing would be for other nations to not go along with the sanctions. 

Britain could end the raids on their ships, end Iran's nuclear escalation, and have Brit companies make money, simply by not going along with sanctions. And the only "downside" is that Trump would get his feelings hurt.  

Hows that not a win-win for them?

On 7/11/2019 at 1:27 AM, kfrankie said:

Define conservative.

My grandfather was a Republican senator for 24 years.  My uncle for 18. The first President I voted for was Reagan. In the 80s and 90s people labeled me as ultraconservative, but now everyone I know who is a Republican calls me a bleeding heart liberal. Other than climate change, none of my positions have changed. I am still for cutting deficits through less spending, free trade, pro-immigration, ending corporate welfare, tax simplification, and rational cost analysis for any regulations.

But since I don't care what consenting adults do in their bedrooms or who get married, apparently I am a libtard.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1