Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NVskinsfan

Stigma of a losing franchise beginning to creep in!

Finding new ways to look horrible, snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory etc. etc.

We have no answers to what ails us

Coaching!

Players!

Schemes!

Motivation!

Preperation!

Health!....You ever notice that once we began to lose...people get hurt easier, and stay out longer? hmmmm

Easy big boy. It's another Redskins lose that's all. Over the last few games we've scored over 20 points. The problem yesterday is Spurrier just out thought himself, and the team began to play with no desire. Now coaching has a lot to do with yesterday's lose. But we're not a loosing franchise, we're going through our dark ages that's all. Every good franchise goes through bad times. Have faith.

It's NOT just another loss. It's a big shutout. And unlike a bunch of our other losses, we didn't even SHOW UP to compete yesterday.

If you lose it like the Bills lost yesterday, that's one thing. But if you don't even give the effort like the Skins, that's the worst possible problem you could have, bigger than any personnel issue.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

The Packers dark age though last nearly 30 years. Lets hope this gets fixed very very fast

I still believe in Spurrier, I just dont believe he can do it without some experience on his coaching staff....having a rookie defensive coordinator, rookie offensive coordinator, and a inept line coach along with a horrible special teams coach spells doom....plus we had a journey man qb in his 3rd start and both starting running backs out along with having half the starting offensive line out of the game....this was a serious recipe for disaster....i dont know how any of you didnt see this coming

We needed a losing season instead of 9-7 or 8-8.

And unless you are under 20 you should be able to remember the great run we had till 92.

It's all about the superbowl.

What is the point of going 12-4 or 14-2 consecutive years if you dont get the prize?

If the iggles dont win the superbowl this year they will be just a team with bad draft positioning

We had a backup QB with little experience in the offense against the number one defense in the league and yet people expected him to have a Peyton manning game.

I'm surprised he didnt suck in the first game.

"Every good franchise goes through bad times. Have faith." - OURYEAR56

The problem is that 12 years of bad times gets a little frustrating after a while. Ok, so we haven't been as bad as the Bengals in that time span, but two playoff appearances since our Super Bowl year is unacceptable. I honestly forget what it feels like to be in the playoffs right now.

The expectations were very high for the fans yesterday. Maybe even wishful. I know they were for me. I expected more fight but mistakes cost us. They always will. I'm disappointed but I'll cheer for two more wins.

I suspect that it will take yet another losing season like this one before our owner finally figures out that he needs to back off and hire a GM. My opinion is that next year will be similar to this one unless the OBC has a major epiphany this off-season and brings in a few staff members with winning NFL experience.

They were not competitive yesterday they roll over and play dead Spurrier and his high powered offense kept the defense out there the entire game.

Spurier must get his swagger back. The guy looks lost at times. I wish somebody would let him know this is not Tecmo Bowl. We didn't game plan well yesterday. Parcells saw the conditions are planed a good game. Spurrier must stop putting his players in the position to fail. We should have played like we did in the Giants game. In that game we had short to mid range passes, and it worked to perfection. Come on Spurrier stop thinking out there.