Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

10 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

No, but we do know we will be somewhere in the second half of the first round.  So getting that pick for him is extra ammo for us to nab our LT of the future.

With this team???  This team could just as easily have a top three pick as it could have pick 25.  If I have learned anything over the last 20 years, it is that you can NEVER predict what the Redskins are going to do or how they are going to look come game day.

7 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Donald Penn wants to start and play LT

Donald Penn called Trent Williams before flying to Richmond

Donald Penn signs with team after speaking with Trent

Trent is gone

exactly... writing on the wall.

Hoping that more than just a couple teams are interested and the Skins at least work a 1st rounder from someone in the deal.

19 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Agree. I'd also ask Houston for Tytus Howard if they came sniffing. 

I think if you can get a pick AND a player who obviously is either young/unproven/both but with a decent ceiling. You take it. Trent could come back, play 16 games and be a probowler. Does anybody think THAT makes the team a contender? I don't.

6 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Donald Penn wants to start and play LT

Donald Penn called Trent Williams before flying to Richmond

Donald Penn signs with team after speaking with Trent

Trent is gone

That was going to be my exact comment. The Front Office "we aren't interested," "we haven't heard anything" is an awful attempt at a smoke screen. Signing Penn puts the nail in the coffin.

Once he's a former Redskin and bashes the team like they all do, I'll be curious to see exactly what happened in this situation. 

It'd be a sad thing to lose Trent as a fan. Like Chris Samuels before him, he was a top left tackle. The Redskins have gotten pretty lucky at that position: Jacoby, Lachey, Samuels, Williams. I think he's been a good Redskin and pretty easy to root for.

If it doesn't work out then my glass half full view would be this:

2019 is going to be a rough year. Even with Trent, I expected a losing record and maybe a bad enough one that Bruce, Jay and the whole gang gets ousted. If that's the case, then losing Trent's cap hit might just be a long term plus. Now, if the team thinks we can make some noise and win then losing Trent is a big hit. If we're going to lose anyway... it might be a blessing in disguise to trade him for assets.

17 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

With this team???  This team could just as easily have a top three pick as it could have pick 25.  If I have learned anything over the last 20 years, it is that you can NEVER predict what the Redskins are going to do or how they are going to look come game day.

I don't want to clutter the board, so I won't repost what I wrote in veryoldschool's thread, but I really do believe that 10 wins is a reasonable expectation.... or at the very least not something you can easily dismiss.

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It'd be a sad thing to lose Trent as a fan. Like Chris Samuels before him, he was a top left tackle. The Redskins have gotten pretty lucky at that position: Jacoby, Lachey, Samuels, Williams. I think he's been a good Redskin and pretty easy to root for.

If it doesn't work out then my glass half full view would be this:

2019 is going to be a rough year. Even with Trent, I expected a losing record and maybe a bad enough one that Bruce, Jay and the whole gang gets ousted. If that's the case, then losing Trent's cap hit might just be a long term plus. Now, if the team thinks we can make some noise and win then losing Trent is a big hit. If we're going to lose anyway... it might be a blessing in disguise to trade him for assets.

Were being slept on I’m telling you. It was a 10 win team last year it it weren’t for 20 players on offense going on IR. We are only more talented and some of these young guys are only going to get better. Even still,  my biggest gripe to date with the current regime is short sightedness. Trading Trent shows a long term outlook, but that doesn’t mean the team is folding and will pack it in this year. Penn was a great stopgap solution and we can still compete with him manning the left side. No one player swings a teams chances like that outside of maybe QB. I’m only trading him for a first. Again, HOF tackles still in their prime don’t go for mid rounders. People are crazy.

3 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Were being slept on I’m telling you. It was a 10 win team last year it it weren’t for 20 players on offense going on IR. We are only more talented and some of these young guys are only going to get better. Even still,  my biggest gripe to date with the current regime is short sightedness. Trading Trent shows a long term outlook, but that doesn’t mean the team is folding and will pack it in this year. Penn was a great stopgap solution and we can still compete with him manning the left side. No one player swings a teams chances like that outside of maybe QB. I’m only trading him for a first. Again, HOF tackles still in their prime don’t go for mid rounders. People are crazy.

Exactly!  We were on pace for 10 wins this year.  We got better, and deeper at QB.  Our defense is nasty. We have a lot of players coming back, including young studs like Guice.  And we have the easiest schedudle based on 2018 results.

Just now, hatchetwound said:

Exactly!  We were on pace for 10 wins this year.  We got better, and deeper at QB.  Our defense is nasty. We have a lot of players coming back, including young studs like Guice.  And we have the easiest schedudle based on 2018 results.

Shhhhh it’s more fun to complain about how dysfunctional we are.

Trending in direction of Trent being moved. 

His contract should help Skins maximize a return for him. A team trading for a player of his ilk will have the opportunity to control his rights for next three years (3rd being on a franchise tag) and the next two years being great value. 

A tough time of the year to make a deal such as this though. With many organizations having their salary cap locked in, but we’ll see. 

5 minutes ago, illone said:

Ugh... Williams is one of my favorite Redskins and a warrior for this team the past what, decade?  Sad to see him go...

You say that as if he’s already gone 😂😂😂 he hasn’t been traded YET, and none of us even know if he even will end up being traded🤷🏻‍♂️ For all we know, he could be back for week 1. Don’t say “sad to see him go” until he’s 100% been traded 

1 hour ago, Taylor 36 said:

Not at all!  An older, injury prone OT that hasn't played a full season in five seasons, who is also holding out and broadcasting to the entire league that he isn't happy here and may not play (which makes it widely known that the Redskins don't have a lot of chips to bargain with in a trade discussion), is not worth or near garnering a 1st. Plus, we have the most distrusted and incompetent "GM" in the league. If the roles were reversed, and the Redskins gave up a first for Trent at this point of time, many folks on here that are saying that is what he is worth would be pissed that we surrendered so much to get him. 

What do you mean no bargaining chips? Multiple teams bidding will drive up price for an all pro left tackle. 

Just now, HardcoreZorn said:

Shhhhh it’s more fun to complain about how dysfunctional we are.

The QB position makes it tough to predict a 10 win season. If Alex Smith were slated to be the starter, I’m all in.

I like you really like the roster as a whole and believe the Skins have been getting it right in regards to personnel and overall organizational stability. 

39 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

No, but we do know we will be somewhere in the second half of the first round.  So getting that pick for him is extra ammo for us to nab our LT of the future.

Every year had different positions of strength. From there that's only a prospect ranking, meaning after 3 years we'll see if those prospects are good or bad. Either way no team should plan on starting a rookie, because they just are unsure if the player will be able to transition to the next level. 

If we draft a tackle in 2020 I hope it's not to start in 2020. I'd prefer them to sign someone now, who can play the role and continue to add players in the draft based on them being the best player available regardless of position. 

For example, in the back half of the first round we might have a Sean Taylor type safety that fell to us. Passing up on higher ranked prospects to fill a gap is a strategy reserved for bad teams. 

3 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Not to be a Debbie downer but how are we deeper at QB this year? 

Also, a lot had to go right for us to be where we were last year with Alex healthy. We didn’t have any major injury concerns until then, AP was playing at a level that’s sort of unreasonable to expect, especially with no LG or LT. Guice hasn’t proven anything to where we can anoint him a stud RB. Everything else is pretty much the same. We had a ton of fortunate turnovers early on the season and played a bunch of teams early that were awful. When we played legit clubs we got blown out of the water. 6 of our first 8 games this year are against tough opponents and one of the two easy ones is a division rival in NY.

forgive my pessimism but I don’t see us coming out of that stretch any better than 3-5 if we’re lucky.

My thoughts:

-Trent Williams has been the best player on this team since the day he was drafted.

-Trent Williams has put the team first in almost every situation.

-Trent Williams is a top 3 Redskins LT of all time.

-Trent Williams is getting older.

-Trent Williams isn't happy.

-Trent Williams played through many injuries as often as he could, sacrificing his body for his team.

-Trent Williams is getting injured much more often.

-Trent Williams is unhappy and doesn't like Bruce Allen.

-Bruce Allen is staying here because God finds this cruelty to be hilarious.

-Trent Williams being unhappy is a giant distraction to a team that needs to do what it can to replace him.

-It's time for Trent Williams to go.

-I will always cheer and appreciate Trent Williams.

-Thank you #71.

Archived