Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

5 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Our best and popular player might just really leave because we ****ed up. This hurts bad. Planning to visit a Skins game this year. Can not believe it will be without 71 at LT

Nah man, dude is just an idiot that doesn't realize the team doctors aren't there to keep him cancer free.  Not to mention he's no leader, to recognize his leverage and hold the team hostage to get more money, because that's what this is all about.  The Redskins don't mess up anymore, this is an organization in the midst of a colossal rebuild of doing things the right way.  You must have missed the memo.

43 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Donald Penn is good friends with Trent, and spoke with him before signing.

I guess the medical staff isn't so terrible. as Trent didn't scare Penn away from signing with his side of the story 😉

Are you heartbroken over the loss ?

**** yeah!  I loved the old Pontiac's. 

giz6z.gif

Oh ****. Bruce dealing with Bellichek. We are going to get FLEECED.  Belly: Hmmm Trent's injured, injury prone, overpaid, a malcontent....

Bruce:  I know, right?  Ok a 2020 3rd rounder.... <sucker!!!1!!>

Guess the team source that knows nothing about trading Trent: I will take Doug Williams since he didn't even know we were getting Alex Smith.

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hogan is with Denver at the moment. And what good would hogan do anyway? We don’t need more QBs, and even if we did, definitely NOT him.   

Kevin Hogan never played for the Pats, but he was on our roster for most of last offseason.  I think he meant Chris Hogan, the WR, but he is in Carolina now.

Interesting scenario.

The Pats lost their Super Bowl Starting LT this past offseason, to Free Agency.

And his name was Trent.

I don't know who replaced him, but if the Pats were ever in a desperate mode, it has to be when they need the main guy

to replace 41 year old Brady's blind side. I can almost see Brady telling Bellichik to get the job done, and practically give the

Skins what they want for TW. Exaggerating of course.

And the game begins..this juts MAY work out right with multiple bidders

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/buffalo-bills-isaac-asiata-retirement-anxiety

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Now there’s a report that says the redskins answered potential trade phone calls with “we aren’t interested”. 

They'd listen if they started with I got a #1 for ya (or High Value/Low Round #2). The market is beginning to shape up

32 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hogan is with Denver at the moment. And what good would hogan do anyway? We don’t need more QBs, and even if we did, definitely NOT him.   

Maybe I have the name wrong but that slot receiver type whatever he is that the Patriots have I think number 15, white dude

The Patriots are expected to have 13/14 picks in the 2020 draft, including a couple of comp picks in the third round. Looks like they also have a extra pick in the fourth round. 

I guess we should consider all their picks are likely to be very late in each round though...so a first rounder you may as well assume as pick 32 and go from there.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Picking up extra picks for 2020 is probably a better option than having Trent labor through 12-13 starts at $13M in 2020.

It was a nice run for him here.

Im inclined to agree here. Worse things about than having to draft a LT in next years draft.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

The Patriots are expected to have 13/14 picks in the 2020 draft, including a couple of comp picks in the third round. Looks like they also have a extra pick in the fourth round. 

I guess we should consider all their picks are likely to be very late in each round though...so a first rounder you may as well assume as pick 32 and go from there.

They also have an unproven 2018 first rounder who missed the year due to injury.

Next year we need to take a tackle early either way for the Left or Right side.... or both. I'd take that 32nd overall pick + the unproven kid who could be a backup this year. 

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

They also have an unproven 2018 first rounder who missed the year due to injury.

Next year we need to take a tackle early either way for the Left or Right side.... or both. I'd take that 32nd overall pick + the unproven kid who could be a backup this year. 

Agree. I'd also ask Houston for Tytus Howard if they came sniffing. 

56 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Safe to say we have no idea where we'll be drafting and who's available when we pick in the 2020 draft. 

No, but we do know we will be somewhere in the second half of the first round.  So getting that pick for him is extra ammo for us to nab our LT of the future.

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Maybe I have the name wrong but that slot receiver type whatever he is that the Patriots have I think number 15, white dude

Yeah that would be chris hogan. We already have our version of him though in trey Quinn so I’d say no to that trade offer 

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Picking up extra picks for 2020 is probably a better option than having Trent labor through 12-13 starts at $13M in 2020.

It was a nice run for him here.

Yeah the 2020 draft has the potential to be absolutely epic as far as talent. If we somehow managed to have two 1sts it would be amazing. That said, a 2nd in the 2020 draft is likely more or less equal to a 1st in most other drafts. As @volsmetnoted, there are probably 50+ guys who will have 1st round grades next draft...so a high to mid second would also do nicely. I still think it's unlikely we get a 1st for Trent but if multiple teams are involved I suppose it's possible. 

I sure hope Bruce is smart enough to add a round to any pick offered up by New England.

Always deal to the worst teams in the league, for their picks are much better.  Yes NE will likely win the bowl with Trent, and we would get the last pick in the first or 2nd round, at best.  I want to be in the the lottery of the top pick overall, if letting Trent leave in a win now season.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Interesting that Pats have a couple of LT with potential in Wynn and Cajuste. If they give a 2nd and one of them I’d be ok with it.

Sounds like Wynn is but isn't ready to go quite yet. The Pats aren't going to be in Win-Now when this guy is in his 4th year. I'd take him and a high pick and let him be your main backup this year until fully ready. 

Archived