Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Higgins would be the perfect complement to McLaurin. Njoku would be the seam-buster that Reed once was. 

I just can't believe we would get those guys along with a 1st and 3rd. That would put their entire passing offense on Mayfield, OBJ, and Landry. Callaway isn't reliable. Dealing away young explosive receiving weapons Njoku and Higgins while gaining a LT for your young QB just seems like treading water, potentially. 

@volsmet

^^Wow. That’s just sad to see, honestly. 

In the end, our best player for a decade who was a leader in the locker room and constantly put his body on the line views this organization as a dumpster fire. That’s where we are now. It’s heart breaking. :( 

1 minute ago, thesubmittedone said:

^^ Wow. That’s just sad to see, honestly. 

In the end, our best player for a decade who was a leader in the locker room and constantly put his body on the line views this organization as a dumpster fire. That’s where we are now. It’s heart breaking. :( 

IF Williams doesn't want to be here and that haul is legit than it's a great deal.  TW only has 3 quality years left in him and if the Brown's are willing to deal all of that in a deal (TAW and our 2020 5th), it's a lopsided great deal with the Skins.  

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Higgins would be the perfect complement to McLaurin. Njoku would be the seam-buster that Reed once was. 

I just can't believe we would get those guys along with a 1st and 3rd. That would put their entire passing offense on Mayfield, OBJ, and Landry. Callaway isn't reliable. Dealing away young explosive receiving weapons Njoku and Higgins while gaining a LT for your young QB just seems like treading water, potentially. 

Shut up man, Dorsey is going to change his mind. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29625d735aa2832c537f

2 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

^^ Wow. That’s just sad to see, honestly. 

It’s sad that this franchise is in such a sorry state, but regarding Trent specifically, trading him is what good teams do.  My only issue is we didn’t do it sooner if it happens at all.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

IF Williams doesn't want to be here and that haul is legit than it's a great deal.  TW only has 3 quality years left in him and if the Brown's are willing to deal all of that in a deal (TAW and our 2020 5th), it's a lopsided great deal with the Skins.  

The deal is definitely lopsided, I agree. And I want it to happen.  Doesn’t change the optics of the situation, though. It’s ugly. Like many things are here. 

I think Trent has more than three years. Olinemen, especially ones with the outrageous athleticism Trent has, have better longevity than most positions. Worst case, he’ll move inside and be an elite Guard for a few more years when he’s done at Tackle, too. 

And I bet he’ll just magically stay healthier with a better Training Staff than ours. 

The deal is definitely lopsided, I agree. And I want it to happen.  Doesn’t change the optics of the situation, though. It’s ugly. Like many things are here. 

I think Trent has more than three years. Olinemen, especially ones with the outrageous athleticism Trent has, have better longevity than most positions. Worst case, he’ll move inside and be an elite Guard for a few more years when he’s done at Tackle, too. 

And I bet he’ll just magically stay healthier with a better Training Staff than ours. 

Possibly but it looks like the experiment with Flowers might be working and we've may have solved our LG issue for the next several years.

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

It’s sad that this franchise is in such a sorry state, but regarding Trent specifically, trading him is what good teams do.  My only issue is we didn’t do it sooner if it happens at all.

Totally agree. I would’ve been down to trade him for the above even if he wasn’t angry and holding out. It’s a smart move and what I’ve been screaming about for years regarding how far behind we are in terms of implementing basic economic principles. 

I would unload Kerrigan now, too. But he might not get much. 

Just now, RWJ said:

Possibly but it looks like the experiment with Flowers might be working and we've may have solved our LG issue for the next several years.

I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I am happy about the trade and it’s something I’ve been talking about for years philosophically. 

My sadness is about the fact that a guy like Trent views our organization in this way. It breaks my heart. And there’s no doubt in my mind many other players do, as well, he’s just the one who did something about it. He’s too influential within that locker room to think otherwise. 

Dan and Bruce are a complete disaster. And I’d add Larry Hess to that. I think you have to. 

I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I am happy about the trade and it’s something I’ve been talking about for years philosophically. 

My sadness is about the fact that a guy like Trent views our organization in this way. It breaks my heart. And there’s no doubt in my mind many other players do, as well, he’s just the one who did something about it. He’s too influential within that locker room to think otherwise. 

Dan and Bruce are a complete disaster. And I’d add Larry Hess to that. I think you have to. 

Understood but we have to work with what we have to work with, SnyderAllen and hope for the best of the team until the F.O. changes.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

If we landed Higgins & Njoku, we’d be a bit more free to bpa in the first 3 rounds, Chase Young & Isaiah Simmons, along with Fosters return, would give us more talent between the hashes than anyone in the league. 

I just hope if we did acquire a 1st and 3rd from Cleveland giving us two 1st and two 3rd in 2020 a 1st and 3rd isn't used to try and trade for Mike Tomlin as some in the media have mentioned.  

1 minute ago, sempre_victrix said:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer and all, but I really doubt we get all of that for TW.  This is a cruel prank.

Might not but we shall see as Browns Country is not a fly by night tweeter.  He seems legit.  

5 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer and all, but I really doubt we get all of that for TW.  This is a cruel prank.

I agree unfortunately. Don't want to get my hopes up. But it would be just what we need

Oh, I think I get the confusion. My post above saying “wow, that’s sad” was meant for @volsmet showing Trent’s “like” on his twitter account but @ConnSKINS26 had to insert himself and ruin it (that guy, always ruining everything, even trying to ruin the trade right now).

Now I can’t edit it and actually quote volsmet’s post because the quote feature here is a massive pain so it looks like I was directing it at Conn. 

So, yeah. I’m happy about the trade rumors, lol. 

This deal seems dubious for a 31 yo LT who hasn't played a full season in years.

But for the love of God, if we have 2 first round picks, can we address the secondary for a change ? Last time we selected a DB was Laron Landry in 2007.

Our secondary stinks. If we can somehow walk away with Andrew Thomas and Jeff Okudah, that would be ideal.

6 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

This is legitimately the most excited I’ve been all offseason and season (ok, outside of the 1st half against Philly)... how lame is that? 

It's xmas in October baby...but this time, we're getting the milk and cookies too damn it

Archived