Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Atleast the impact Landon is making right now is positive I wish I could say the same for Sherff.

What games are you watching?  I’m not seeing anything to write home about from either player thus far.  Isn’t Landon supposed to be the leader of the secondary?  Like always, a guy we just got via FA, is supposed to be the leader, that’s entirely another subject.  But the secondary appears just as confused as they have forever.  Dude has spent more time talking about beating up Dave G. than how to get the secondary to play better.

If you want to keep passing on signing our own, what’s your plan to replace them?  On a team that already struggles and has other holes.  Why create more holes?  You only have but so many draft picks. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What games are you watching?  I’m not seeing anything to write home about from either player thus far.  Isn’t Landon supposed to be the leader of the secondary?  Like always, a guy we just got via FA, is supposed to be the leader, that’s entirely another subject.  But the secondary appears just as confused as they have forever.  Dude has spent more time talking about beating up Dave G. than how to get the secondary to play better.

If you want to keep passing on signing our own, what’s your plan to replace them?  On a team that already struggles and has other holes.  Why create more holes?  You only have but so many draft picks. 

I don't mind passing on signing on Sherff because he is not in the discussion of being the best at position and should not be payed like it.Him getting overpaid sets up Jon Allen to think he gets overpaid and so on.We can't pay average players premium prices.You might not feel Landon is an elite player at his position but his resume proves it.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Arizona might be the one team where Bruce won’t get fleeced.

As for Scherff, kind of mind boggling how many Skins fans I see that don’t want to pay anyone we drafted, but at the same time pop bottles for making guys like Landon Collins the highest paid safety in the league.

How many games has Collins won the Skins this year? That signing is just about as bad as the Josh Norman deal. I wanted to spend that money on linemen. Not the Skins though, one player and a safety at that. Highest paid safety and CB in the NFL. Both on the Skins and our secondary is garbage. 

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He did pretty well on Ertz and has been great against the run as advertised.Landon is the last problem we have on defense  right now.

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

How many games has Collins won the Skins this year? That signing is just about as bad as the Josh Norman deal. I wanted to spend that money on linemen. Not the Skins though, one player and a safety at that. Highest paid safety and CB in the NFL. Both on the Skins and our secondary is garbage. 

Yea we win and lose based off of one player.To this point our front seven has under achieved ,our cbs are terrible and we all know about  Manusky.Landon and Cole are the only two that have performed.

3 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Yea we win and lose based off of one player.To this point our front seven has under achieved ,our cbs are terrible and we all know about  Manusky.Landon and Cole are the only two that have performed.

Landon is overrated and isn't a game changer period. You don't pay players the money he got if they're not game changers.  Waste of money and just another Skins flashy signing.

27 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

You might not feel Landon is an elite player at his position but his resume proves it.

It really does not.  I hate getting in these pissing matches over this stuff, particularly for players I don’t hate.  Landon being one of them.  But 14M for a strong safety is A LOT of money many would not consider well spent.

13 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Landon is overrated and isn't a game changer period. You don't pay players the money he got if they're not game changers.  Waste of money and just another Skins flashy signing.

For 2 years y'all complained that our safeties were trash. They went out and got the best safety available in the FA. Now you all complain that it was a waste of money. God, some of you wont ever be satisfied with anything.

7 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

For 2 years y'all complained that our safeties were trash. They went out and got the best safety available in the FA. Now you all complain that it was a waste of money. God, some of you wont ever be satisfied with anything.

The point is that many of the same folks who never want to pay our own players, love to see us overpay for other teams players.  And then lead themselves to believe that the other teams players are so much better and valuable.

2 hours ago, Ghedrick said:

Landon is  on a different level compared to Sherff bottom line. Landon's play justifies his pay.On top of that how do you justify paying an above average guard 15 mil a year just because of Haskins being here.We can find a serviceable guard and get simular production for half of what Sherff thinks he is worth.Landon is as good as any saftey out there you cant say the same for Sherff at his position.

Have yet to really notice Collins. Our defense may as well alI be replacement level until we get a real DC. I know I'll notice every time Haskins has a pocket to step up into. 

13 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

When did people here complain about SS play (until the Swearinger cut)? Everyone around here wants a rangy ballhawk. We created a hole we had to fill at SS, essentially. And I can't tell the difference.

25 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Yea a three time pro bowl one time all pro is not a game changer.The guy has proven he is thats why he got paid.25 year olds with those credentials grow on trees please.He has proven to be pro bolwer on a bad d and a defensive player of the candidate on a good d.These are facts not what you are thinking off the top of your head.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The point is that many of the same folks who never want to pay our own players, love to see us overpay for other teams players.  And then lead themselves to believe that the other teams players are so much better and valuable.

Which mediocre OL did you want to overpay for in the offseason before it became apparent that Trent would hold out? Oh, lets not forget the guy (Flowers) who was lambasted by you all has been extremely efficient at guard so far this year. Penn has also done pretty well.

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Have yet to really notice Collins. Our defense may as well alI be replacement level until we get a real DC. I know I'll notice every time Haskins has a pocket to step up into. 

When did people here complain about SS play (until the Swearinger cut)? Everyone around here wants a rangy ballhawk. We created a hole we had to fill at SS, essentially. And I can't tell the difference.

Umm... everyone complained about the missed tackles on the RB and TE each game. This is something Collins excels at and we have largely negated the short middle of the field since hes been here.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Which mediocre OL did you want to overpay for in the offseason before it became apparent that Trent would hold out? Oh, lets not forget the guy (Flowers) who was lambasted by you all has been extremely efficient at guard so far this year. Penn has also done pretty well.

What does that have to do with anything?  Neither of those guys are overpaid.

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Umm... everyone complained about the missed tackles on the RB and TE each game. This is something Collins excels at and we have largely negated the short middle of the field since hes been here.

Nobody complained about that while Swearinger was here, that spot was taken care of. We chose the clownshoe DC that we now still have to replace, and created a hole that we had to fill with a huge contract.

I'll repeat...the cries for safety help here in recent years have been almost entirely focused on a rangy ballhawk FS. 

2 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Especially in a league that's all about passing. If I didn't know the F.O. was run by a moron, I might imagine he was getting Landon to help address problems with Barkley, Sanders, Zeke, and Goedert/Ertz/Engram, but I think they just thought: Our SS sucks, lets blow a huge wad on a safety that would've been much more of an asset in 1989 than 2019. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nobody complained about that while Swearinger was here, that spot was taken care of. We chose the clownshoe DC that we now still have to replace, and created a hole that we had to fill with a huge contract.

I'll repeat...the cries for safety help here in recent years have been almost entirely focused on a rangy ballhawk FS. 

Saquon Barkley

Zeke Elliott

These are the two best rbs in the league today and for the next 3 years at least. They are in the division. You build your team to counter what is in your division. Swearinger was ok, but wore out his welcome. (something hes done a few times now). Collins was the best safety in the FA available, and we made the move for him. He wanted to be here. He's done well. He's superior to Swearinger in every way. There were two FS on the market in Mathiew and Thomas. One was an injury prone player looking for a big contract, and the other had Baltimore in mind. So.. what are you complaining about. We brought in the best talent available on the market.

Perhaps with a better DC, we will see some more results. Thats besides the point though.

18 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

To be fair, and I know you know your stuff, there is quite a difference.

Collins isn't the ballhawk that Swearinger is. He's also not as loud or demonstrative.

But man... Watch that guy play. You haven't noticed him because opposing offenses, at least so far, are attacking Nicholson's side of the field. They are leaving Collins alone in coverage. He's also been a significant asset against the run. And the biggest thing with Collins is that he is an extremely sure tackler. 

The argument that perhaps the dollars spent on him could have been better used elsewhere isn't lost on me. And I don't disagree.

But from an individual perspective, he's been as advertised for now. The problem we have is our free safety is a gaping hole. Nicholson had a nice pick, but when you get thrown at as much as he did he's bound to have one stick in his facemask.

If I was the Redskins and I was going to invest heavily in the safety position, I would have invested heavily in the safety position. Meaning: We go after Collins? Okay, now we're going to get Earl Thomas. That goes against my general philosophy of "build the lines first"... But a Thomas/Collins secondary, while expensive, is dangerous and gives the DC a LOT of leeway to do creative **** up front. 

But I suppose thats a different discussion

16 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Coach, what's it gonna take for you to come take over Jay's job? I'll throw in the first $5 and match the next $20.

Hah! I wouldn't want his job. You guys are monsters!

Bruce's job? Hmmm... :ols:

I thought about doing a podcast about stuff... but 1) I have no idea how to start such a thing. 2) Skinscast just came back so that steals my mojo. 3) None of you would listen to me talking for 30 mins :ols:

19 hours ago, Ghedrick said:

I don't mind passing on signing on Sherff because he is not in the discussion of being the best at position and should not be payed like it.Him getting overpaid sets up Jon Allen to think he gets overpaid and so on.We can't pay average players premium prices.You might not feel Landon is an elite player at his position but his resume proves it.

That's what happens when you draft a guard with the 5th overall pick. Now you have to pay him as he can say "you took me with the 5th pick so you must think I am that good." Another SM screw up. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Hah! I wouldn't want his job. You guys are monsters!

Bruce's job? Hmmm... :ols:

I thought about doing a podcast about stuff... but 1) I have no idea how to start such a thing. 2) Skinscast just came back so that steals my mojo. 3) None of you would listen to me talking for 30 mins :ols:

Bruce's job is great. You can completely avoid ALL criticism, never speak to the media, do whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it and basically have no one to answer to!

On 9/22/2019 at 7:47 AM, UKskins said:

They're unlikely to give up any significant picks though as they're in a rebuild. They won't be setting their first rounder on the table I wouldn't think.

Arizona should be banging on the door about Trent. Rebuild or not, they need someone that can protect Kyler THIS year. That Cardinal O Line is not good, and Kyler hasn't learned when to get rid of the ball and when to try to extend. 

Archived