Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

29 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Petty and stupid ? which one is petty and which one is stupid ?

Its pretty hard for me to believe that these two numbskulls would pass up on a good deal for the sake of proving to everyone that they are in fact petty and stupid. Dan has to know at this point that he has pretty much lost the fan base and folks are fed up with this crap. At some point he will have that moment of clarity and do what is in the best interest of his pocketbook. GOD I hope so 

I just hope Dan can get rid of Bruce and Jay....promote Kyle Smith to GM, promote Santos to our top collegiate scout, let Doug and the rest of the scouts continue to do their thing and FINALLY get it right on finding a legit coach.

Jay is not the guy to move this organization forward and Bruce is a huge hurdle that is in the way of a lot of progress.  He is not respected in this league and I think if Kyle Smith takes the reigns and we might get lucky to bring his father AJ along as a consultant then I thing we could turn this thing around.

But if we fumble on this Trent Williams situation then that should be means to fire Bruce for sure.  Anything less than a first round pick should be Bruce's exit slip.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I did not see the game this Sunday, so I don't really have an informed opinion on Penn's play.  But, I do know that Dallas' two best pass rushers from the right DE position were both out due to suspension (Quinn and Gregory).  So, I wouldn't read too much into his good grade for this past game.  I think the Eagles and Bears games will give a better indicator of his play.  I like PFF grades for OLs, but they have a hard time reflecting the quality of the play from  the opponent.  The right side of the Skins line had a much more difficult task to face than the left side did on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

"I was told that with the whole Kirk Cousins thing. Kyle wanted Kirk Cousins. He would've traded one of those [2017] first-round picks, maybe even No. 2 overall and the Redskins wouldn't even talk to Kyle."

If that's accurate, then this organization is actually more dysfunctional than I could have imagined.  That is the epitome if gross malfeasance and utter stupidity.

5 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

If that's accurate, then this organization is actually more dysfunctional than I could have imagined.  That is the epitome if gross malfeasance and utter stupidity.

At the time it was suggested they would give us #2 overall, but we would be giving up our #17 in return as part of the deal...

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You guys are literally watching this situation play out with Williams and you’re still baffled that the organization can do stubborn and stupid things?

This is the post of the day.   It's dead on. 

giphy.gif

They are playing out here at least thus far a script that fits what they've been accused of multiple times in the past.    I've heard some beat guys say they hear that Dan-Bruce can get defiant and pride themselves on not bowing to pressure or what some perceive to be conventional wisdom.  Playing off of that, if true, then maybe this idea that they won't trade with SF gets their goat and they actually do it just to do the opposite of what they are being excused of.   And I am only half joking. 

Finlay painted a bleak picture on Trent on air just now.  He said poking around he doesn't think he's coming back anytime soon. 

And goes if he comes back, this is unlikely to go away next season.  In other words, Trent will likely do the same again next year.  That's pretty much what D. Hall said from his conversation with Trent.

D .Hall who is relatively pro Bruce and has admitted he wants a FO job -- even said he'd have traded Trent if it were him.  

9 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Lets not mess around. First one to offer a 1st round pick gets him....... 1,2,3, Go.....

I will be shocked if anyone is seriously considering giving up a 1st for 32 year old player that cant stay healthy. When healthy he is a first round value. But he is never healthy.

4 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Bruce Allen is the 2nd worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.

I’d take 10 Albert Haynesworths before 1 Bruce Allen

How Snyder isnt number one is beyond me?

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I will be shocked if anyone is seriously considering giving up a 1st for 32 year old player that cant stay healthy. When healthy he is a first round value. But he is never healthy.

How Snyder isnt number one is beyond me?

Snyder is number one...

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The left side of the line has been surprisingly good and that's with flowers as guard. The strong part of the line was suppose to be the right side. To bad it has been horrible and riddled with penalties.  

Really with the news of this. It's pretty stupid the Skin haven't made a deal yet. Maybe they're waiting until the Pats destroy them 1st before trading Trent to them. Either way the market should be good for Trent right now and good even get better in a few weeks. A lot of injuries this week and who knows could be the same next week. Either way there are to 2 teams that for sure could use a LT. 

8 hours ago, sempre_victrix said:

Question everything you read. Seriously.

I remember last year when Kirk was still a Skin, that respected media personalities were saying things like "A deal with SF to trade them Cousins, is 90% done".

Obviously that probably wasn't true, and even if it was, then it's more reason to question the current report.

Either way, when you read reports from major media personalities which basically say opposite things, who can you believe ?

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Question everything you read. Seriously.

I remember last year when Kirk was still a Skin, that respected media personalities were saying things like "A deal with SF to trade them Cousins, is 90% done".

Obviously that probably wasn't true, and even if it was, then it's more reason to question the current report.

Either way, when you read reports from major media personalities which basically say opposite things, who can you believe ?

LOL.  Remember a few years back when ESPN was reporting very confidently that Romo was being traded to the Redskins?  Idiots.  I swear that quite often these guys just throw things at the wall hoping that something sticks.  If they are wrong nobody will remember, but if they are correct they will be saying "I told you so" forever.

Galdi was going off on Bruce for not trading Trent. And heard Sheehan mention Kyle was willing to offer a 1st (2OA) for Kirk but wouldn't take offers.  What a dumbass. 

Bruce sure is teaching him a lesson!!!!!1!!

3, actually. That football isn't everything. And, that it is nice to be far far away from the Redskins, And being at full health mid season is fun.

couple-relaxing-beach-samoa_53876-19333.

Standig wrote a meandering article (oddly all over the place) on the Trent situation on the Athletic and I noticed bits and pieces are being cherry picked on twitter.  But here are all of his points and the way I took them.

A. He doesn't think Trent's market is hot at the moment.  But he sort of contradicts that later in the article. 

B. He goes they didn't turn down offers as robust as previously reported.   But I was thinking what reported offers?  Only one I recall is the first from NE.  And in his same report he goes that NE and them talked but as far as he understood they didn't hit a point where an actual offer was made.

C. Then he says trade talk has gained momentum, citing recent injuries.

D. He talks about Dan's frosty relationship with the Shanahans which would make a deal with SF unlikely

E. The idea that Trent asked for a trade weeks after the draft and FA isn't lost on the organization.  (that's doubling down on D. Hall mentioning his conversation with Bruce and that Bruce was upset at the timing of Trent's request.

F. he thinks they maximize their return perhaps by waiting for the off season.  (every other beat guy that I can tell disagrees with Ben on this point) he cites one source who told him their return for Trent could be low.

G. He says since Bruce isn't talking we don't really know what's going on so we are all relying on reports that may or may not be true

H.  He was told the Trent situation is day to day meaning he can come back at any time

I recall Bruce once gave Standig an exclusive.  As far as I can tell Bruce's favorite reporters are Standig and Finlay.  Those are the two that tend to get his exclusives so maybe this is a leaked thing from Bruce directly to Ben.  Some of his points don't really flow well with each other.  But if I had to piece together a narrative it would be hey we are are getting Trent back eventually hang in there with us on this, its the right move. 

Dante Scarnecchia. Turns chicken **** into filet mignon at every opportunity. Most underappreciated human in the NFL. Player, coach, office officials, ref, etc.

The guy is a wizard. I've watched his clinics so many times and you pick up something every time you re-watch. 

Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said he needs to get the ball out of Baker Mayfield's hands quicker because Mayfield is taking "too many hits."

Kitchens is taking the blame here and sounds like he'll change the offensive gameplan to scheme around his below-average offensive line, but Mayfield also needs to work on feeling and avoiding pressure. The change in gameplan is likely opting for more quick-hitting passes, especially when facing defensive lines that can get after the quarterback. Next week, Mayfield will go up against Aaron Donald and the Rams, so now is the time for a change. Mayfield has the fifth-highest sack percentage through two weeks.

Sep 17, 2019, 6:09 PM ET
  •  
23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dante Scarnecchia. Turns chicken **** into filet mignon at every opportunity. Most underappreciated human in the NFL. Player, coach, office officials, ref, etc.

The guy is a wizard. I've watched his clinics so many times and you pick up something every time you re-watch. 

The next:

41C045E3-93B3-4B7A-BB78-DE50832BB830.jpeg

Archived