Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Just now, carex said:

we're talking about two different things.  Because we got onto this subject by talk of tanking and draft position.  The bottom falling out during a season isn't enough to get you near the top of the draft. 

It's the bottom falling out between seasons that makes the difference

Understood, sorry about that. I should have backtracked to get the proper context, rather than assuming that your contention was that this staff was too established to allow the bottom to fallout of their probable floor. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

People were so unkind to me when I said we wouldn’t be much worse if we traded Trent a year ago. Deep down we’re all just a bunch of dudes looking for someone to watch romantic comedies with ... a safe place where Meg Ryan shines nightly & the ellios is always warm. 

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Trade them both.

50308F3C-392B-45B0-A351-563125277492.gif

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Trade them both.

DC2734B2-3565-42EF-8B26-EA8EE9C1A9C3.gif

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Trading Penn...what in the world would that get us? ...maybe a 3rd? 

D9E19D45-19C6-4FA8-900C-CA4A65DAB1B9.gif

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

precisely why I think it's a good idea to do a draft lottery in the NFL.... for competitive advantage...

Sucks when you may need to 'win and in' for playoffs against a good team and then the other team plays a tanking team and gets your spot in the playoffs. Pros and Cons to both but I'd prefer the draft lottery.

i've been pushing for flipping the order of rounds (2/4/6) where the teams with the worst records would be picking last in those rounds and the better teams would pick at the top of the rounds)... so if Miami gets 1st overall, then in the 2nd round, they would get basically the same talent at the top of the 3rd... and the team that wins the Super Bowl would pick first in the 2nd round and basically same talent as a late 1st. just an idea from my lame brain.

9 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

If either of these things are actually true, man.  I'd for once truly be speechless.  The fact that I have to question it is infuriating enough.

#FireBruceAllen

You know it's bad when you have to question who to believe between Bruce Allen and Thom Loverro.

2 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Jesus Christ I hate Bruce Allen so ****ing much. I can't wait to that mutton headed mother ****er is out of the FO.

You are falling victim to Snyder's system. 

Maybe here's the way you can look at it - If Snyder is this slightly even headed football mind would he really let Allen do what he's doing? Wouldn't he have fired him long ago? I honestly think Bruce Allen is just a media shield for his own mis-management. There will be a point in time where Allen gets canned, but that firing won't be difficult. It will go like: 

Dan - Bruce, you've been a good soldier and the media needs a new face to go after. I've appreciated the way you follow through with my marching orders and never pointing things back at me. 

Bruce - Dan, it's been a pleasure to cash cheques each week and be your puppet. 

Dan - Do you need to write you a letter of recommendation or something? 

Bruce - Don't worry about that. After my work here I'm essentially unemployable, but I've got enough money to retire, so I'm good!

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The idea that the Niners would give up the #2 pick in the draft for the pleasure of paying Kirk Cousins $27M a year is absolutely hilarious.  Sheehan insults the intelligence of his audience...if that’s possible.

Yeah, it seems like a reach. However, I wouldn't put it past this organization in any way, shape, or form.

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, it seems like a reach. However, I wouldn't put it past this organization in any way, shape, or form.

I could easily believe that the Niners made inquiries and were rebuffed.  But, we didn’t trade him anywhere else either.  And we never made any indication that he was available for trade.

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The idea that the Niners would give up the #2 pick in the draft for the pleasure of paying Kirk Cousins $27M a year is absolutely hilarious.  Sheehan insults the intelligence of his audience...if that’s possible.

I enjoy Sheehan, he’s a well prepared dude, but he certainly understands how to get the listeners riled up. 

With that said, the niners did end up trading a 2nd rounder for Jimmy and signed him to a long term deal. 

29 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Bruce Allen is the 2nd worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.

I’d take 10 Albert Haynesworths before 1 Bruce Allen

Bruce Allen is simply Danny's lackey.

Like Cerrato, he was done in the NFL before Danny came calling and will do whatever Danny wants to keep his job.

Our owner is beyond terrible. 

9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I enjoy Sheehan, he’s a well prepared dude, but he certainly understands how to get the listeners riled up. 

With that said, the niners did end up trading a 2nd rounder for Jimmy and signed him to a long term deal. 

The 2nd rounder is a reasonable thing but absolutely no way Kirk signs this contract.  It’s basically a 2yr deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/jimmy-garoppolo-14472/

Bruce Allen made Kirk the $27 million dollar QB.   It took multiple franchise tags to do it.  As I've said many times if I were Kirk's agent I'd have sent Bruce at least a fruit basket for making him and his client that rich.  Kirk making all that money was a perfect marriage of his persistence and Bruce's persistence married together.   We got some makings of the same thing right now with Trent -- joy.  🙄

In early 2017, Kirk wasn't likely the 27 million man, he was looking for around the same price as his tag then (at least according to Mike Jones among others) which was about 24 million.

The Sheehan point isn't a new one about SF.  It's was digested a lot back at that time.  If you guys recall, Chad Ryan made a fool of himself on twitter saying that the Redskins and SF even agreed on a deal.  Mike Silver who is no clown especially as to SF (that's the team he's most connected to) said multiple times back then that SF was very interested.

I have to think back about it though to recall it all.  Off the top of my head Silver didn't think they'd give up the 1st pick straight on but might be willing to swap firsts and then add another high pick.  

The thing that I recall debating a lot with different people about the negotiation is different stages of it translated to different things.  Early 2016 was different from Early 2017.  Early 2017 was different from Spring 2017.  Like any type of negotiation it rarely goes in a straight line.   My point on that front in this regard is if I remember correctly around the Spring, Silver said SF was out because they don't think the Redskins can keep Kirk anyway so they might as well wait it out or something like that.  Also I recall it being said then that Dan-Bruce were unwilling to trade Kirk to Shanny.  So it could have been completely one sided. 

It's all meaningless now.  But to me the relevance of it is I do buy that Bruce-Dan might be unwilling to deal with SF. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-suggests-that-kirk-cousins-will-likely-end-up-as-the-49ers-quarterback/

...a trade could happen. And according to Mike Silver of the NFL Network, that’s exactly what will ultimately go down. 

...“However, when it comes to the quarterback position, I believe Kirk Cousins wants to be in San Francisco, I believe that Kyle Shanahan, who has been very, very high on Kirk Cousins since he was the offensive coordinator in Washington when they drafted Cousins, I believe that marriage wants to happen on both ends,” Silver explained.  “It’s an expensive marriage and we’ll see in terms of trade compensation that would take to get him, maybe something that happens in a year. But if I had to make a guess one way or another at this early stage, I would say it’s more likely than not that Kirk Cousins ends up being the 49ers quarterback.”

It’s not really that far-fetched to imagine a scenario where the 49ers land Cousins. They have the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, while the Redskins have the No. 17 overall pick. 

Flip those two selections (Washington gets No. 2, while San Francisco gets No. 17), give San Francisco Cousins and mix in a couple more picks to even things out and you have the parameters of a deal in place pretty easily.

"We made the [Garoppolo] trade, but then there were some days when Kyle Shanahan was, like, in mourning, because I think everybody knows his master plan was to have Kirk Cousins come in eventually," Lynch said. "I was proud of Kyle, because I think he knew this was the right thing for our franchise. And he didn't hesitate. But then, even then, Jimmy had to really prove himself."

That quote is from the 49ers GM. But the idea that Shanahan may have tried to trade for Cousins is fake news, of course. It's also crazy to think that Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen are petty and stupid. 

Bruce Lehman Brothers Allen.

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

I never understood the fascination of or even merit in the reporting of Kyle wanting Kirk so badly. It wasn't as if Kirk lit it up... or was even good in the system he currently runs.

I never understood the Skins fans who wanted to keep Kirk, nor the Skins fans who were pleased with the Alex Smith deal. Humans are fascinating... from a distance. Distance is the key, they’ll break your heart eventually. Every last one of’em.

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

I never understood the fascination of or even merit in the reporting of Kyle wanting Kirk so badly. It wasn't as if Kirk lit it up... or was even good in the system he currently runs.

Kyle’s boss went out of his way to say that Kyle wanted Kirk and was in mourning over it not happening.

Disagree with Kyle’s opinion on Kirk all you want but it cannot be refuted that he wanted him there.

Petty and stupid ? which one is petty and which one is stupid ?

Its pretty hard for me to believe that these two numbskulls would pass up on a good deal for the sake of proving to everyone that they are in fact petty and stupid. Dan has to know at this point that he has pretty much lost the fan base and folks are fed up with this crap. At some point he will have that moment of clarity and do what is in the best interest of his pocketbook. GOD I hope so 

9 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Petty and stupid ? which one is petty and which one is stupid ?

Its pretty hard for me to believe that these two numbskulls would pass up on a good deal for the sake of proving to everyone that they are in fact petty and stupid. Dan has to know at this point that he has pretty much lost the fan base and folks are fed up with this crap. At some point he will have that moment of clarity and do what is in the best interest of his pocketbook. GOD I hope so 

Washington is the lone standing proponent of the lose-lose scenario.

Archived