Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I can't believe some of you think the Texans would have preferred an often injured older Trent Williams over an upcoming younger Tunsil. They paid too much but no way were the Texans giving up two #1 picks for Trent. They now have a high caliber LT for a decade to protect their young QB.

Just now, SonnyandSam said:

I can't believe some of you think the Texans would have preferred an often injured older Trent Williams over an upcoming younger Tunsil. They paid too much but no way were the Texans giving up two #1 picks for Trent. They now have a high caliber LT for a decade to protect their young QB.

I'm not sure if and who thinks THAT, but hard to believe there wasn't an opportunity to move Trent for perhaps even less than what Miami received.  If we got offered even ONE 1st rounder we should have pounced. 

Tunsils rookie deal is of tremendous value as well. But damn, that was a haul

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

i disagree. We are holding a broken LT that hasnt stayed healthy during a season for 5 years. Get Two 2's and move on.

Your perceived value appears to be nowhere in ballpark of rest of the NFL. 

11 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Your perceived value appears to be nowhere in ballpark of rest of the NFL. 

How do you know that? We haven't dealt him for anything yet, who knows where the value would land. Especially without the Texans in the game.

4 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Come on Cleveland Browns or New York Jets become as desperate as thw Houston Texans to protect your youn Franchise QB.Give us the house!!! We need you guys please!!!

Neither of those organizations are dumb enough to do that. We need to aim lower. The Jets last GM would have, not this one.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

No guarantee the Texans wanted a broken down 30 year old LT that cant stay healthy.

I don't get why people keep saying that.  They have a window.  HoF DE/OLB in his prime, one of the top receivers in the game, one of the hottest quarterbacks in the game.  This is the year you go for broke.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Neither of those organizations are dumb enough to do that. We need to aim lower. The Jets last GM would have, not this one.

Lets hope they are for our sake. I want to see Baker get rocked a few times in week one and see how desperate they become.Come on Robinson due us a solid.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I don't get why people keep saying that.  They have a window.  HoF DE/OLB in his prime, one of the top receivers in the game, one of the hottest quarterbacks in the game.  This is the year you go for broke.

Why do we say it? Because it is true. Trent is a broken down 30 YO LT that cant stay healthy. People on here are nuts with the value they think he carries.

12 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Or you go young and trade for Tunsil. Let him grow with the young team you have on offense. 

26 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

How much cap space is getting tied up on the offensive side with players that wont be playing this season?

Well we don't have to pay Trent if that's what you're referring to. The only person that is taking money is Smith. Not much the Skins can do about that now. 

44 minutes ago, SonnyandSam said:

Yeah I agree I'd trade Trent for Tunsil in a min. The guy is 6 years younger than Trent. 

Just now, dyst said:

Bruce is the genius who lost RG3 and Kirk for nothing. Bruce is pretty incompetent. 

RG3 was a bum 

16 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

They can't.

They need an entire OL. Not just a LT.

They're probably focusing on LT just to make sure their star QB doesnt get clobbered and his career shortened.

But getting one isn't going to put them over the hump.

And you could make the a similar case with a lot of teams that have that criteria you just mentioned.

16 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I want to keep my head in the sand and have Trent stay, but that Texans trade made me gag.  If we missed out on that, then Bruce, man, BRUCE!

I am not throwing in the towel on what they could pull for Trent but I'll put out there right now that Bruce has the potential to have a signature move here (and not in a good way) if Trent at this point isn't dealt for a haul.  

@volsmet is very connected as to personnel, he has a number of relatives in the business.  So when he said the Texans and Bruce talked trade but they were put off by Bruce's manner/social skills -- I believe it. 

Shout out to the OP for changing the title.  Your damn right this could be ANCIENT.   Trent Williams was one of my favorite players on this team. I really could not believe it when I read he wanted to be traded and would never play for the team again.  It was much worse for me then hearing Reuben Foster went down for the season in a non-contact drill - as I began thinking the injury bull **** starting up early.  I have always had high hopes for this team.  It keeps me around as a fan.  It seems from what we do know the FO does not want to deal him.  And I hope it is for the right reasons. We know there have been calls from other teams.  But we also we have an ass hole in the FO, who seems vindictive.  The contention that they can wear him down financially?  i don't think so.   The contention that he becomes more valuable as the season progresses for a playoff bound team, which will yield a much greater benefit for us? The most intelligent scenario which you hope Bruce is doing. 

So hopefully, and I think i say this with an abundance of caution, hopefully Bruce and Danny have learned something over the years and Trent gets his wish and we get a decent haul.    I just think it has to come later when teams are needy and desperate. 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Bruce may have a bit of an ego, but I'm convinced he really does want to win, very much.

And I believe that exceeds any ego he has.

I'm not going to do that thing where I throw four huge paragraphs at you in disagreement, I'll just ask: what reason do you have to think this.

10 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

RG3 was a bum 

They got NO compensation for a #2 overall draft pick only 2 years after he won rookie of the year at the most important position in all of sports. Not even a 7th rounder. That is incompetence.  

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not throwing in the towel on what they could pull for Trent but I'll put out there right now that Bruce has the potential to have a signature move here (and not in a good way) if Trent at this point isn't dealt for a haul.  

@volsmet is very connected as to personnel, he has a number of relatives in the business.  So when he said the Texans and Bruce talked trade but they were put off by Bruce's manner/social skills -- I believe it. 

I respect you Skinsinparadise. But I have Volsmet blocked for a reason. He TELLS YOU he is connected but I have yet to see ANYTHING that tells me that is the truth.

Archived