Owls0325

Prehistoric development with new speculation: Trent Williams wants to be traded/released

Recommended Posts

That appears to be the offer they made to Miami and it now has just been moved to Trent as speculation and hope. I would take that deal, not that it has been or would ever be offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, justice98 said:

 

That's tying up a lot of cap just to make a statement for a guy not playing.

True but at this point, I feel like someone has to take a stand or this sort of thing will come to be the norm.  To me, it is incredibly selfish.  Sure, he may get what he wants but in the meantime he holds the organization hostage and more importantly the team.  Why would any player want to play with someone that treats them so casually?  They tend to have each others backs but maybe some will grow a pair and start challenging these divas.

Edited by owa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

Middle of the season my ass.....  He was waived on Dec. 24th after running his mouth on Dec. 22nd following the loss to the Titans with one game left in the season.  Some leader......a real leader would have done something the first time it happened, with making it perfectly clear in training camp there would be none of that bull**** going on.

 

He got two chances to many before anything was even done.  

 

Calling Gruden a cuckold is a clown comment. Swearinger got chances just like everyone else should because hes a human that has emotions and not some robot that says everything perfectly at all times. A real leader is able to reach out to young players that are emotional and talk to them to figure out what the problem is. Not someone who immediately cuts a guy for speaking out during an extremely frustrating injury-riddled, losing season. Grow up.

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ok stop for a minute.

Exactly who started this thing about "Clowney AND a 1st" for Trent ???

 

I did, 45 days ago, when it was discussed between Houston & Washington. 

1 hour ago, repo_4 said:

That appears to be the offer they made to Miami and it now has just been moved to Trent as speculation and hope. I would take that deal, not that it has been or would ever be offered.

 

Trent is better than Tunsil, it’s not a coincidence that the exact same trade scenario is now here. Just like it wasn’t a coincidence that the Jets got Bell a year after I mentioned they were the one team willing to pay him, or that Kenny Stills is being offered in trades 3 and a half months after I mentioned he was available.... or that Daniel Jones was an option to NY at #6 2 months before anyone suggested it was realistic. 

 

 

Maybe it’s maybelline.

 

 

07C5674A-CCCB-4819-993A-A2EDAABBEEAC.gif

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

 

I did, 45 days ago, when it was discussed between Houston & Washington. 

 

Trent is better than Tunsil, it’s not a coincidence that the exact same trade scenario is now here. Just like it wasn’t a coincidence that the Jets got Bell a year after I mentioned they were the one team willing to pay him, or that Kenny Stills is being offered in trades 3 and a half months after I mentioned he was available.... or that Daniel Jones was an option to NY at #6 2 months before anyone suggested it was realistic. 

 

 

Maybe it’s maybelline.

 

 

Trent may be better than Tunsil, but you have to factor into it other things that may offset that to a degree, like age and injury history.

Tunsil has started virtually every single game in his career, and is still very young. That adds a lot of value.

Also, it says something about a player that when rumors swirl about him potentially getting traded, that another player on the team claims there would be a "Legit Revolt".

Trent isn't necessarily the same trade value as Tunsil.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

Trent may be better than Tunsil, but you have to factor into it other things that may offset that to a degree, like age and injury history.

Tunsil has started virtually every single game in his career, and is still very young. That adds a lot of value.

Also, it says something about a player that when rumors swirl about him potentially getting traded, that another player on the team claims there would be a "Legit Revolt".

Trent isn't necessarily the same trade value as Tunsil.

 

 

Also cost..Tunsil is owed $2M and $10M over the next two years while Williams is owed $10M and $12M over the same time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

How about the Skins trade a 1st and Trent for Tunsil ? 😛

Trade Trent for Clowney and a 1st, then trade Clowney for Tunsil and a 2nd

 

Tunsil, 1st, 2nd 

 

hahaha

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

 

Calling Gruden a cuckold is a clown comment. Swearinger got chances just like everyone else should because hes a human that has emotions and not some robot that says everything perfectly at all times. A real leader is able to reach out to young players that are emotional and talk to them to figure out what the problem is. Not someone who immediately cuts a guy for speaking out during an extremely frustrating injury-riddled, losing season. Grow up.

 

It's only a clown statement because you love you some Chucky Lite.  Jay is not a good leader of the team, imo.  If you want to believe that, go right ahead.  Other teams head coaches have strict rules about what players say to the media and when broken, enforce them.  Giving a player one chance when they screw up and run their mouth to the media the first time, is one thing.  Doing nothing about it until the 3rd time it happened is a completely different story and you know it.

 

I never said cut the guy on the first screw up, I said he didn't do anything until the 3rd screw up.  Grow up?  Looking at your birthday in your profile, I was watching the Redskins win their first Super Bowl before you were a gleam in your father's eye when he looked over at your mom at a Wham concert :cheers:

All jokes aside, we disagree on Jay's leadership skills, not really a pressing issue or anything to get bent out of shape over.  For either one of us.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

It's only a clown statement because you love you some Chucky Lite.  Jay is not a good leader of the team, imo.  If you want to believe that, go right ahead.  Other teams head coaches have strict rules about what players say to the media and when broken, enforce them.  Giving a player one chance when they screw up and run their mouth to the media the first time, is one thing.  Doing nothing about it until the 3rd time it happened is a completely different story and you know it.

 

I never said cut the guy on the first screw up, I said he didn't do anything until the 3rd screw up.  Grow up?  Looking at your birthday in your profile, I was watching the Redskins win their first Super Bowl before you were a gleam in your father's eye when he looked over at your mom at a Wham concert :cheers:

All jokes aside, we disagree on Jay's leadership skills, not really a pressing issue or anything to get bent out of shape over.  For either one of us.

 

actually it's a clown comment because in this day an age the only time the word cuckold should be used is when talking about history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, carex said:

 

actually it's a clown comment because in this day an age the only time the word cuckold should be used is when talking about history

 

 

Image result for watch out animated gif

 

 

Image result for word police

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

This has got to be one of the worst threads ever. NOTHING IS HAPPENING 

 

Why are you in here? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just a reminder for the “Trent doesn’t need money/takes care of his money” crew.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/trent-williamss-silverback-chain/2011/07/21/gIQAHp1yRI_blog.html

Dude was like 23 with his first taste of money.  Quite possible he’s gotten wiser over the last 8 years like most people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dude was like 23 with his first taste of money.  Quite possible he’s gotten wiser over the last 8 years like most people.

 

Sh'yeah, right...I'm a decade or two older than Wiliams and I started getting wiser with my money last Tuesday lol...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

 

 

Imagine he wants to go to a contender AND get to hit FA next year. Double dip. 

 

Don't want him here messing with what Allen/Payne are doing in the locker room and on the field. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

 I was watching the Redskins win their first Super Bowl before you were a gleam in your father's eye when he looked over at your mom at a Wham concert :cheers:

 

Hahaha.. My man. I had to look up who Wham was. Deep cuts.

 

I still dont agree on the Gruden takes though.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When is Trent going to do an official interview or press release?  I can only assume he doesn’t care what the fans think about the situation. I also fall back to my original comment in this thread, I don’t think this is how a leader should handle an issue. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Thought I saw your mom in here :P

 

HEY! Let's get off moms....i just got off yours. 😉

 

 

Edited by desertbeagle85
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.