Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

18 hours ago, justice98 said:

That's tying up a lot of cap just to make a statement for a guy not playing.

True but at this point, I feel like someone has to take a stand or this sort of thing will come to be the norm.  To me, it is incredibly selfish.  Sure, he may get what he wants but in the meantime he holds the organization hostage and more importantly the team.  Why would any player want to play with someone that treats them so casually?  They tend to have each others backs but maybe some will grow a pair and start challenging these divas.

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Middle of the season my ass.....  He was waived on Dec. 24th after running his mouth on Dec. 22nd following the loss to the Titans with one game left in the season.  Some leader......a real leader would have done something the first time it happened, with making it perfectly clear in training camp there would be none of that bull**** going on.

He got two chances to many before anything was even done.  

Calling Gruden a cuckold is a clown comment. Swearinger got chances just like everyone else should because hes a human that has emotions and not some robot that says everything perfectly at all times. A real leader is able to reach out to young players that are emotional and talk to them to figure out what the problem is. Not someone who immediately cuts a guy for speaking out during an extremely frustrating injury-riddled, losing season. Grow up.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ok stop for a minute.

Exactly who started this thing about "Clowney AND a 1st" for Trent ???

I did, 45 days ago, when it was discussed between Houston & Washington. 

1 hour ago, repo_4 said:

That appears to be the offer they made to Miami and it now has just been moved to Trent as speculation and hope. I would take that deal, not that it has been or would ever be offered.

Trent is better than Tunsil, it’s not a coincidence that the exact same trade scenario is now here. Just like it wasn’t a coincidence that the Jets got Bell a year after I mentioned they were the one team willing to pay him, or that Kenny Stills is being offered in trades 3 and a half months after I mentioned he was available.... or that Daniel Jones was an option to NY at #6 2 months before anyone suggested it was realistic. 

Maybe it’s maybelline.

07C5674A-CCCB-4819-993A-A2EDAABBEEAC.gif

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I did, 45 days ago, when it was discussed between Houston & Washington. 

Trent is better than Tunsil, it’s not a coincidence that the exact same trade scenario is now here. Just like it wasn’t a coincidence that the Jets got Bell a year after I mentioned they were the one team willing to pay him, or that Kenny Stills is being offered in trades 3 and a half months after I mentioned he was available.... or that Daniel Jones was an option to NY at #6 2 months before anyone suggested it was realistic. 

Maybe it’s maybelline.

Trent may be better than Tunsil, but you have to factor into it other things that may offset that to a degree, like age and injury history.

Tunsil has started virtually every single game in his career, and is still very young. That adds a lot of value.

Also, it says something about a player that when rumors swirl about him potentially getting traded, that another player on the team claims there would be a "Legit Revolt".

Trent isn't necessarily the same trade value as Tunsil.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Trent may be better than Tunsil, but you have to factor into it other things that may offset that to a degree, like age and injury history.

Tunsil has started virtually every single game in his career, and is still very young. That adds a lot of value.

Also, it says something about a player that when rumors swirl about him potentially getting traded, that another player on the team claims there would be a "Legit Revolt".

Trent isn't necessarily the same trade value as Tunsil.

Also cost..Tunsil is owed $2M and $10M over the next two years while Williams is owed $10M and $12M over the same time. 

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Calling Gruden a cuckold is a clown comment. Swearinger got chances just like everyone else should because hes a human that has emotions and not some robot that says everything perfectly at all times. A real leader is able to reach out to young players that are emotional and talk to them to figure out what the problem is. Not someone who immediately cuts a guy for speaking out during an extremely frustrating injury-riddled, losing season. Grow up.

It's only a clown statement because you love you some Chucky Lite.  Jay is not a good leader of the team, imo.  If you want to believe that, go right ahead.  Other teams head coaches have strict rules about what players say to the media and when broken, enforce them.  Giving a player one chance when they screw up and run their mouth to the media the first time, is one thing.  Doing nothing about it until the 3rd time it happened is a completely different story and you know it.

I never said cut the guy on the first screw up, I said he didn't do anything until the 3rd screw up.  Grow up?  Looking at your birthday in your profile, I was watching the Redskins win their first Super Bowl before you were a gleam in your father's eye when he looked over at your mom at a Wham concert :cheers:

All jokes aside, we disagree on Jay's leadership skills, not really a pressing issue or anything to get bent out of shape over.  For either one of us.

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It's only a clown statement because you love you some Chucky Lite.  Jay is not a good leader of the team, imo.  If you want to believe that, go right ahead.  Other teams head coaches have strict rules about what players say to the media and when broken, enforce them.  Giving a player one chance when they screw up and run their mouth to the media the first time, is one thing.  Doing nothing about it until the 3rd time it happened is a completely different story and you know it.

I never said cut the guy on the first screw up, I said he didn't do anything until the 3rd screw up.  Grow up?  Looking at your birthday in your profile, I was watching the Redskins win their first Super Bowl before you were a gleam in your father's eye when he looked over at your mom at a Wham concert :cheers:

All jokes aside, we disagree on Jay's leadership skills, not really a pressing issue or anything to get bent out of shape over.  For either one of us.

actually it's a clown comment because in this day an age the only time the word cuckold should be used is when talking about history

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just a reminder for the “Trent doesn’t need money/takes care of his money” crew.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/trent-williamss-silverback-chain/2011/07/21/gIQAHp1yRI_blog.html

Dude was like 23 with his first taste of money.  Quite possible he’s gotten wiser over the last 8 years like most people.

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I was watching the Redskins win their first Super Bowl before you were a gleam in your father's eye when he looked over at your mom at a Wham concert :cheers:

Hahaha.. My man. I had to look up who Wham was. Deep cuts.

I still dont agree on the Gruden takes though.

Archived