Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I mean, he's not wrong. Sharp is one of the best out there, and many guys who have worked for teams say that he should be working for a team. Honestly he probably makes more money doing this, but still. 

The Redskins are behind in nearly every way. There is a reason Indi traded with us rather than any of the other teams offering their 2nd & next years 2nd for pick 27. 

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay  just now on the radio isn't sure per se what's going on but said he knows some players have issues with the medical staff

This has been my train of thought since the tumor was discovered. I think of myself for example, if I was in Trent's position and was diagnosed with a likely tumor, it would put a lot of things in perspective and I would definitely consider things about where playing football lies in all of this. And then if the team is "expecting" me back at work Monday morning like it was a typical weekend I may be a bit bothered. It was diagnosed as a personal or non-football injury so I wonder if that means he had to pay for it out of his pocket and the team didn't pick up the tab. 

Its wild because the sports world treats these things like they're outpatient procedures, but Trent's a guy who a few years ago had never gone under the knife and suddenly he has a brain tumor. I really wonder if this is his train of thought

10 hours ago, Llevron said:

they should give him the cheese.

We already gave him the cheese.  That's why he is under contract this year and next.  

Giving him more money is betting that he'll still be healthy and playing at a high level in 2021.  Which would be a bad bet.

1 hour ago, NeverSurrender said:

Is it possible that Trent is really high right now just saying weird random things for fun?

That's the funny thing. Trent himself has said absolutely nothing. Everything so far is "sources say". At some point, someone's going to have to say something. Either they pour the gasoline and burn the bridge, or they kiss and make up. Either way, something has to be said.

We know there's a fire, there's enough smoke to prove it. It's just hard to tell whether it's the roof or the reactor at this point.

I sympathize with Trent to the extent that I think our training staff, equipment, and medical staff has to be part of the problem. On the other hand, there is this little voice that says, "Hey, we lost with you surlely we can lose without you. And don't call me, Shirley."

I do think he is well compensated well enough to afford a second or even third opinion. He's had six consecutive years of not being able to complete a season. You'd think the epiphany that the medical staff's opinions ought to be viewed with some skepticism would have occurred to him sooner.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

That's the funny thing. Trent himself has said absolutely nothing. Everything so far is "sources say". At some point, someone's going to have to say something. Either they pour the gasoline and burn the bridge, or they kiss and make up. Either way, something has to be said.

Why? A player is under no obligation to share their medical (or financial, for that matter) issues with the public. The team and his agent have things to work out. It's not really Trent's problem what you or I think about his personal ****, his statement was in the form of not showing up to mandatory minicamp. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why? A player is under no obligation to share their medical (or financial, for that matter) issues with the public. The team and his agent have things to work out. It's not really Trent's problem what you or I think about his personal ****, his statement was in the form of not showing up to mandatory minicamp. 

It would help his camp a lot to get what he wants. If he really wants to be traded, he has to force the team's hand. If he really wants something to be fixed, contract-wise or not, he has to speak up to get people to listen. Otherwise, he sounds like a disgruntled player without a particular agenda. Few good teams like to take that sort of a player on as far as I've seen.

It is hard to guess what is really happening without any kind of official statement from Trent's camp.  Right now, I think it makes sense to hold judgment about the situation, until further information is available.

If the issue is primarily about how medical issues with players are handled, it seems like something that could be reformed in a way that would address the players' concerns.  Earlier today, I saw a comment about the Redskins medical staff also being the team's "largest sponsor".  Anyone know if there is any truth to this comment?  I could see how it could cause problems if the team was hesitant to make changes the medical staff because it would upset a major sponsor. 

Listened to JLC on this just now.  He said Trent thinks they mishandled things related to the last surgery.  JLC said he doesn't know directly the specifics of what Trent means by that but he's told that Trent told multiple people that he's done with them based on how it was handled and asked for a trade.

If it's contractual,  he needs to shut up and finish his current deal.  I don't see underperforming players giving money back.  Why should a player who out performs his contract be able to renegotiate.  Though I don't think he's outperformed it.  I certainly wouldn't give him any kind of expensive extension.   I don't understand the angle related to the handling of his growth.   Who the hell would trust a football teams medical staff with that.  They're sports doctors.   At the absolute minimum,  you go get an opinion elsewhere.    In either case,  i'm a fan of the team not any individual player.   I  don't care if he's here or not other than how that impacts the team.  Which it obviously would given the lack of depth and the difficulty in finding talent at the position. 

Could be he's milking the medical angle as contract leverage. 

The problem with Trent going public with a trade demand is that it automatically lowers his value because any trade partner is going to know the Redskins front office is trading out of necessity involving a player who might just sit at home if he isn't traded.   Trent Williams is a perennial pro bowler, if the team is actually considering trading him I don't want to see something dumb like a 2nd round pick. 

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Cleveland just cut a young LT, supposedly he's talented but he was showing up late to meetings.

Desmond Harrison is an intriguing prospect.  He's got the athleticism to be a good LT, although he was a 25 year old rookie last year and there are questions about how driven he is.  I mean, he had a golden opportunity with the Browns after Joe Thomas retired and he blew it.  

I don't care his reasons for doing it, if this is only a recent development he really threw the team under the bus by waiting until after the draft and FA. If it was about the money I would say it was a shrewd move in terms of leverage but if he had no intention of playing and chose to wait, then if I were his teammates I would be pissed off. I don't care if his gripe is legitimate, the timing was just not cool and my opinion from as recently as yesterday in terms of keeping him and extending has changed completely.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

What the **** are you talking about here

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-kirk-cousins-wont-sign-a-long-term-deal-as-long-as-bruce-allen-is-with-redskins/

Substitute Bruce for the (fill in the blank). Find a foil and leverage it to get your desired results

PPS. Where is the complaint to the Union Rep. Seems like this is a CBA issue

Just saw the thread and first few posts, so I havn't read the whole thing, but I'm still shocked.

He's injury prone, near the end of his career, and I thought he was overjoyed to have AP on the team with him, and always thought he was a team player.

Based on all of that, hard to imagine him both wanting out, and being able to justify the contract demands.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

We know there's a fire, there's enough smoke to prove it. It's just hard to tell whether it's the roof or the reactor at this point.

Thank you.

That saved me from reading 15 pages.

15 pages in, and it's still just rumors ?

Archived