Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To the tweet below, hope that's wrong about the Texans. 

Posturing you would think, if they are willing to give up a 4 for Duke Johnson that can turn to a 3, logically they would have to be willing to trade a 3 for Trent. Doesn’t pass sniff test.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To the tweet below, hope that's wrong about the Texans. 

Houston was offering far more than they gave up for Duke Johnson, but Houston has returned their offers because they don’t like the salesman. 

9FD56FFB-BCB3-4A40-A57E-43352CE966BB.gif

26 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Houston was offering far more than they gave up for Duke Johnson, but Houston has returned their offers because they don’t like the salesman. 

Interesting, am guessing you heard from relatives/people in the business -- which i know you have.  I haven't seen that anywhere in the media unless I missed it. 

Don't blow it Bruce this is an opportunity

22 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Posturing you would think, if they are willing to give up a 4 for Duke Johnson that can turn to a 3, logically they would have to be willing to trade a 3 for Trent. Doesn’t pass sniff test.

That 4th is really a third, Duke just needs to be on the roster for 10 games if I recall for it to be a 3rd.  The Texans in theory would be the perfect fit. 

9 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

You could get a 3 easy just waiting till the spring OS. That is not a fair offer now IMHO.

Maybe. He'll have been out of the game for a season at that point, and getting older. He is a guy with substance abuse issues who will have been away from the structure of a team for over a year by the time spring rolls around.

If we want max value, we need to trade him soon. I agree that a 3rd is not max value. 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t believe this because people here tell me that the perceived lack of respect for Bruce is all media-driven fodder.

We are viewed as stone aged morons, and he is 2nd in command. I don’t know what he does well specifically with the cap, but he is well regarded with contractual matters. 

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t believe this because people here tell me that the perceived lack of respect for Bruce is all media-driven fodder.

A poll of active agents, players, and FO people a year or two ago saw Bruce consistently come up at the top of the least trustworthy/liked lists. It's real, baby. (I know you're being sarcastic about the koolaid addicts here)

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

A poll of active agents, players, and FO people a year or two ago saw Bruce consistently come up at the top of the least trustworthy/liked lists. It's real, baby. (I know you're being sarcastic about the koolaid addicts here)

The kool aid addicts care less about perception by agents or whomever, and care more about building a winner. Which we finally seem to be trending toward with consistently good drafts stacking up. They need to keep it up, reward the most important pieces, and let the other ones walk for comp picks. We finally entered that cycle after 20 years with Snyder! Sure took some time.

Also for the record, if any team is basing their decision on personal feelings of the opposing decision maker (highly doubt), they have their own moronic tendencies.

I'd take a 1st from New England, that's a good gamble. I don't care how great Tom Brady is, he's very old for an NFL QB and there will be an inevitable decline. Unfortunately nobody in that division is even close to being ready to dethrone them, so at best the pick is probably in the early 20s. Which is still way better than I imagined we would get for Trent. 

15 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

The kool aid addicts care less about perception by agents or whomever, and care more about building a winner. Which we finally seem to be trending toward with consistently good drafts stacking up. They need to keep it up, reward the most important pieces, and let the other ones walk for comp picks. We finally entered that cycle after 20 years with Snyder! Sure took some time.

Also for the record, if any team is basing their decision on personal feelings of the opposing decision maker (highly doubt), they have their own moronic tendencies.

You don't think it matters what other Front Office execs, players, and agents think of your decision makers when you have to make deals with them? That's ridiculous. Players and agents think he is a scumbag and GM's think he is a joke. And they have no reason to lie in an anonymous poll--in fact they are incentivized to keep their competition incompetent when you think about it, so it's amazing so many professed the same negative opinion. 

I don't give Bruce credit for our drafts. I have no reason to. I don't know why anyone else would either when we have actual talent evaluators in the building doing the work. It's just stretching to be the homer. Bruce's career resume is a joke, keeps growing in a bad way, and there's absolutely zero reason to feel compelled to defend him as a fan. At BEST you can credit him with getting out of the way on draft weekend lately....great. Who cares. Criticizing Bruce Allen is not necessarily synonymous with criticizing the FO as a whole. We've all liked the last few drafts. But the FO needs a personnel guy at the top with no ambiguity, and a conventional structure that allows for accountability. That's all. 

According to Kevin Sheehan of The Team 980 in Washington, the New England Patriots were willing to offer the Redskins their 2020 first-round pick for Williams, but they were told by the Redskins that it was not enough. JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington then confirmed the report.

Shortly after the report surfaced, Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network dismissed this report and referred to it as "unequivocally not true."

While the Redskins believe Williams could change his mind and return to the team, CBS NFL insider Jason La Canfora reports that their relationship is totally fractured. The seven-time Pro Bowler does not trust team president Bruce Allen or the medical team in Washington, and has made it known that he does not intend to play for the Redskins again. 

Williams' distrust for the Redskins' medical staff stems from an offseason surgery, where Williams had a growth removed from his head, according to Ian Rapoport. At one point, doctors were concerned it was a malignant tumor, but thankfully, it was removed without incident. Williams is not just upset about this one instance. John Keim of ESPN reports that there have been complaints over the past few years about the medical staff and their communication with the players when it comes to recovery periods. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/trent-williams-trade-rumor-conflicting-reports-surface-on-patriots-redskins-offer/

46 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They wanted an FBI investigation completed on the legitimacy of that poll. 🤣

That or "none of that stuff matters"

If it was offered a while ago then I understand the Redskins turning it down if they thought there was still a chance to reconcile. Now that we're basically at the dress rehearsal, and there's no obvious sign he's coming back it would have been foolish to decline. 

Don't blink. Don't take a less than value offer. Even if it goes into the season, you're talking about likely a 2020 pick. As much as we're all itching to get past this, there is no reason to hurry for something that isn't worth it. Yes, it sucks and on the field and against the cap. Maybe the right offer comes after this week of preseason games. Maybe it comes a few weeks into the regular season. I don't think it lasts until the next offseason. But, it could.

This is also about not opening the floodgates for guys that have a few years left on their deals. Set your precedent now with one of your top talents. 

Hoffman confirmed they he also knew that they talked to the Patriots awhile back but he thinks the FO genuinely wouldn't see a late first rounder as enough compensation and doubled down that they prefer not to trade him at all.

This is why you need a higher level guy with indisputable decision-making ability who has the long view in mind when necessary. Not a bunch of jackalopes all trying to save their jobs one season at a time. 

Hoffman confirmed they he also knew that they talked to the Patriots awhile back but he thinks the FO genuinely wouldn't see a late first rounder as enough compensation and doubled down that they prefer not to trade him at all.

A Pats first is basically an early 2nd round pick. 

55 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You don't think it matters what other Front Office execs, players, and agents think of your decision makers when you have to make deals with them? That's ridiculous. Players and agents think he is a scumbag and GM's think he is a joke. And they have no reason to lie in an anonymous poll--in fact they are incentivized to keep their competition incompetent when you think about it, so it's amazing so many professed the same negative opinion. 

Weve done this song and dance a million times but one anonymous agent poll does not outweigh to me what’s actually happening. If players refused to sign here, re up here, etc. then I would 100% agree. But guys like Reed, Moses, Ioan, Trent, Kerrigan chose to resign here on second deals when they could have cashed in huge on the open market. Guys like Norman Garçon Djax Collins all decided to sign here. We have some of the best positional coaches in the NFL who signed on with us and represented by agents. So no I’m not saying it doesn’t matter, of course it matters. But an anonymous agent poll about most trustworthy GM isn’t a slam dunk indictment that people refuse to play here due to a negative image or likability or what have you. There’s plenty of evidence to the contrary. We’ll agree to disagree.

55 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't give Bruce credit for our drafts. I have no reason to. I don't know why anyone else would either when we have actual talent evaluators in the building doing the work. It's just stretching to be the homer. Bruce's career resume is a joke, keeps growing in a bad way, and there's absolutely zero reason to feel compelled to defend him as a fan. At BEST you can credit him with getting out of the way on draft weekend lately....great. Who cares. Criticizing Bruce Allen is not necessarily synonymous with criticizing the FO as a whole. We've all liked the last few drafts. But the FO needs a personnel guy at the top with no ambiguity, and a conventional structure that allows for accountability. That's all. 

I don’t give credit to Bruce for the drafts either. I give him credit for identifying a head coach with an eye for talent and a really talented personnel man and staying out of their way. 

Listen, I disagree with almost everyone on here. But as a young kid all I remember is being an absolute laughing stock. I was religious about reading articles back then and would read WaPo pieces screaming for the Skins to do things the Raven, Patriot, Steeler way. Accumulate draft picks, develop your own, sign the best, and let the others walk to gain comp picks and increase your odds of hitting in the draft. Articles about building the lines and investing resources up front. Articles about continuity. Articles about not signing a million free agents to mega deals which enables a backwards locker room culture. These are all things we are doing now, and yeah I value them. As you stated the other day, there’s actually a legitimate path forward to a contending window. And when you add to the fact that our recent drafts aren’t just OK, but damn good when you look around the league, I can’t say I hate the way things operate.

Id love that structure you talk about, but have resigned to the fact it’s never going to happen under Snyder. Would love for Kyle Smith to be top dog and to carry out one unified vision. But if he were to get hired tomorrow, I’d say that I really hope that we continue on the way we have been these past few years. It won’t be long before these guys grow into their prime and we’ve built a sustainable winner. That’s where I see it trending, and yes it’s just my feeling not some set in stone thing. But that’s the vantage point I operate from, and I’m ok with the fact no one agrees with me. It will be all the sweeter when we get to where we want to go and there are no more click piece articles swirling around about god knows what 😀.

Archived