Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

What do you expect from this ownership who has ignored the ineptitude and decline in the OL and failed to address it in the 2019 draft.    I say no raise and if Trent wants to sit in September fine, odds are he won't be able to play by November anyway.

The Skins should have drafted some OL like Atlanta.

I am all about bashing Bruce and company, however the narrative that they don't address the OL and DL are both out of date and tired at this point.

The 'Skins DID actually draft a couple of OL in THIS draft, but it was the back part of the draft.  They also drafted OL in the last several drafts.

In fact, the entire OL has been drafted at this point assuming Martin starts at LG, which seems to be the plan::  Williams, Martin, Rouille, Scherff and Moses.

Also, none of them except for Williams is over 30.

I think this is just picking at something to pick at something.  There are plenty of things to fault management for, this doesn't seem to be one of them. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously speculating, but perhaps they told him not to worry about it and then the season was over and they were like "on second though, better go get that checked out".  if that's the case, I can see why it would be hard to trust folks that would do something like that.

This sounds extremely possible. If so I wouldn't blame him one bit.

I have been away from my work computer for half of the day, saw the headline, got to the forums and the thread is 12 pages already.  For the benefit of me not having to scour the entire thread, can someone give quick bullet points on what is actually confirmed of as factual as of now?

Just now, DJD2 said:

This sounds extremely possible. If so I wouldn't blame him one bit.

If I had something out of the norm happening with my body I would consult with my personal physician over team docs, maybe that's just me.

17 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Here's the conclusions I'm jumping too: 

1 - Trent choose to keep his matter with the organization between him and the team. 

2 - Adrian, who's a 34 year old RB, has no incentive to tell the media that the only team keeping him employed messed up. 

Are you implying because Adrian Peterson didn't know about it that means it doesn't exist? 

The conclusions you have jumped to are based on very biased narratives and preconceived ideas. You are deciding to blame the team for the news breaking and you are deciding without fact that AP had no other team to play for and so what, he decided to or was put up to defending the team and to hell with his teammates? 

Of course I am not implying because AP said he had not heard about means definitively it didn't happen, I never even came close to saying that in any way shape or form. I simply said the plot thickens meaning there are now competing narratives. How about this, he had no reason to say anything. Could have just kept quiet. 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

If I had something out of the norm happening with my body I would consult with my personal physician over team docs, maybe that's just me.

No doubt.

And who knows maybe he did and his doc suggested he shut it down whereas the team didn't.

All this is simply speculation at this point though and we may never know what actually happened to get them to this point.

As for that Warren Sharp tweet posted a few posts above, not saying he's wrong, but boy does he love to pound the Redskins.  He thinks they are poor at using analytics as to acquiring talent and ditto as to play calling -- now he's pounding them on the injuries.  He worships the Eagles as analytic maestros.    Football Outsiders guys feel ditto about the Redskins and also often worship the Eagles.

Man Jay Gruden just looks so tired of all this stupid **** he has to deal with.  He just looks like a man ready to throw in the towel.  While I know he loves his fat paycheck, I bet inside that he cannot ****ing WAIT to be gone next year.

20 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Only in the NFL can you not show up to work and still get paid. If you holdout due to a contract you agreed to, you should not get paid, end of story. A regular working man or woman wouldn't get paid if they didn't show up to work, and on top of that, they would get fired. I don't see why the NFL allows players these privileges. 

If I signed a contract with my employer, they couldn't can me without paying what was agreed to. When NFL teams stop cutting guys midway through their deals I'll start caring about holdouts.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Man Jay Gruden just looks so tired of all this stupid **** he has to deal with.  He just looks like a man ready to throw in the towel.  While I know he loves his fat paycheck, I bet inside that he cannot ****ing WAIT to be gone next year.

He's been wearing that look since the end of the 2017 season.  Some folks will say he's a dolt anyways and good riddance.  That's fine, they just have to understand that the next guy, no matter how bright they are, will have to deal with the same kind of stuff and end up with the same face.

I don't even know what to say at this point, nor feel like I should invest too many opinions into the matter until we get a direct statement from Trent or his agent, and also learn more facts about what pushed Trent to this (allegedly) 

I would love to trade Williams for Ronnie Stanley straight up.  One of the best young LT's in the game, but not yet at Trent's elite level.  Plus Stanley is a much better pass blocker than run blocker, and the Ravens are going to be the most run-heavy team in the league next year.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Players have made complaints about our medical staff regularly forever and a day.  I'm sure this happens everywhere, but not likely to the extent we've heard about here over the years.  

I think most will agree NFL medical staff does what they need to do, to get a guy ready for Sunday. I will leave up to posters imaginations what that may involve. I would suspect that depending on a teams depth, and how badly they need player X to go, is in play.

I was unaware of the complaints of our staff, but have long presumed players are told their injury is less severe that it may be, that they can play through it, etc.

I find small solace in knowing Philly botched Wentz's diagnosis..... or maybe hid the truth. So, we are not totally alone.  Of course, their backup was a better fit for their team than he was, so it coming to the surface was a little blessing in disguise. 

Archived