Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

52 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Big difference in Samuels and TW.  Samuels had a some spinal condition as a child and retired because of a helmet to helmet injury and it having something to do with his spinal condition.  

TW doesn't have anything close to that (that we know of).  I guess I just don't like the comparison, based on injury/medical history of the two.  Trent can still play in the league for another 2-3 years at a high level, when healthy.  But I do agree that he is on the decline and am fine with trading him.

If 2-3 years is your timeline then i am not arguing that.   Trent has had multiple surgeries.  The last time he started a full season was 2013.  

If you are a GM and constantly get rebuffed on a player, eventually you are going to move on. You can tank and get one in the next draft or solve it in free agency for free at years end. Get someone off the street and tell the QB to suck it up buttercup.

The offers Bruce is getting now, may be the best he will ever get. The longer he waits the more Trent may get out of shape, rusty, longer to learn the new playbook, up to game speed etc.  The only spike in bids I foresee will be after a slew of severe LT injuries early in the year, but those guys won't even play much for the next 4 weeks.  Sure guys get injured but often are just out a week or 2. No reason to peddle your first rounder.

When Bruce predictably picks up the phone and calls a GM back ready to wheel and deal..... he will find deals are off the table, or the bid has dropped.  He better be actually hearing offers to gauge interest. He is doing that, right?   I am thinking he will be traded for a NE 4th ahem 5th at the deadline.

1 hour ago, Ghedrick said:

I am glad to formally hear from a creditable source Trent's value is atleast a first. Adam Schefter is the most reliable source in the game. This puts to rest the nonsense that his value was a 4th rounder some on this board thought. 

Tried explaining that several times, but the audience is ... 🤨

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess this is the Dolphins source. Dolphins are supposedly rebuilding and have a pretty good left tackle so this one makes no sense to me.

The Dolphins line is grotesque, I believe they have talked with Philly about an OL trade as well. Houston has talked to Philly, they (the eagles), apparently, have decent depth on the line, though I don’t know how coveted any of those guys are. 

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Can Trent even pass a physical?

Not sure why this issue keeps getting swept under the rug and ignored.

Not only is there a question whether he would pass a physical, but multiple sources indicate he needed a 2nd procedure, which would even further delay passing a physical.

But the way Williams' camp has been so hush, he might have already had the 2nd procedure, who knows

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Knowing Bruce he will try to trade Trent late in the year when teams won't be able to use him for a week or 2 as he learns the playbook, and thus won't offer much. Basically holding out for less and letting it drag on as long as possible.

One thing that is a guarantee with Bruce, he will screw this up better than anybody else can. It will also haunt the team for the rest of the year.

3 hours ago, Skintime said:

One thing that is a guarantee with Bruce, he will screw this up better than anybody else can. It will also haunt the team for the rest of the year.

At least he got the Kirk Cousins situation right. Maybe he will get lucky with this Trent Williams situation as well. ;)

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

At least he got the Kirk Cousins situation right. Maybe he will get lucky with this Trent Williams situation as well. ;)

Lol, no. he found a way to let one of the better qb's in the league walk for essentially a comp pick. Considering the value of franchise qbs these days that is high levels of retard. 

And to save face he made an even worse deal for a different qb. 

That move set us back nearly as much as the rg3 fiasco. 

Maybe we'll get lucky with haskins and with the trent situation, but history says we will not. 

At least our defense might be good soon. 

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess this is the Dolphins source. Dolphins are supposedly rebuilding and have a pretty good left tackle so this one makes no sense to me.

Trent to the Fins for Tunsil + draft picks ?

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Cravens

Cousins

Williams

If you play for the Skins and your name ends with "S", you might end up refusing to play for the team.

We may have a problem then.

Cam Sims
Craig Reynolds
Deion Harris
Dustin Hopkins
Dwayne Haskins
Ereck Flowers
Garrett Sickels
Jeremy Reaves
Josh Harvey-Clemons
Landon Collins
Marquis Flowers
Matt Ioannidis
Morgan Moses
Robert Davis
Steven Sims
Timon Parris
Vernon Davis

9 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

The offers Bruce is getting now, may be the best he will ever get. The longer he waits the more Trent may get out of shape, rusty, longer to learn the new playbook, up to game speed etc.  The only spike in bids I foresee will be after a slew of severe LT injuries early in the year, but those guys won't even play much for the next 4 weeks.  Sure guys get injured but often are just out a week or 2. No reason to peddle your first rounder.

When Bruce predictably picks up the phone and calls a GM back ready to wheel and deal..... he will find deals are off the table, or the bid has dropped.  He better be actually hearing offers to gauge interest. He is doing that, right?   I am thinking he will be traded for a NE 4th ahem 5th at the deadline.

There was one article saying how Bruce should sit tight for now.  The team cannot admit they are looking for trade partners or it loses bargaining power and keeps the desperation up from teams wanting the player.  However, I feel the counter may be true too; you throw him on the market and create an actual bidding war.

I would hope that Bruce is actually entertaining the offers but none have been lucrative yet.  I would think that if some team was offering a 1st or 2 2nds, that he would jump on that.  Of course with the history of this organization, we are probably going to hear rumors after the trade (as you point out, to NE for a 4th rounder) that some team was offering a 1st for Trent and Bruce was too dumb to take it.

8 hours ago, volsmet said:

The Dolphins line is grotesque, I believe they have talked with Philly about an OL trade as well. Houston has talked to Philly, they (the eagles), apparently, have decent depth on the line, though I don’t know how coveted any of those guys are. 

True but not LT. I've read to death in the S Florida papers that they are rebuilding.  So the combination of the two points make me wonder.  Also I've read enough how much they are excited about their first rounder that I think there is zero chance they will offer it.  It doesn't seem lost on them that it could end up a top 3 pick.  they do have two 2nd rounders. I'd bet the ceiling in a deal with them is one of those two 2nd rounders and change. 

4 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Lol, no. he found a way to let one of the better qb's in the league walk for essentially a comp pick. Considering the value of franchise qbs these days that is high levels of retard. 

And to save face he made an even worse deal for a different qb. 

That move set us back nearly as much as the rg3 fiasco. 

Maybe we'll get lucky with haskins and with the trent situation, but history says we will not. 

At least our defense might be good soon. 

Kirk is already well on his way to not living up to his contract

In my eyes the Redskins haven't been nearly as victimized as the fanbase seems to think in recent years, but to me the fanbase does seem slow to react to changes

IMO the biggest issues for the Skins in acquiring players recently has been a tendency to bring in guys who have some sort of problem and try to "fix" them, which has universally been unsuccessful

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not sure why this issue keeps getting swept under the rug and ignored.

Not only is there a question whether he would pass a physical, but multiple sources indicate he needed a 2nd procedure, which would even further delay passing a physical.

But the way Williams' camp has been so hush, he might have already had the 2nd procedure, who knows

Physicals are a sham in professional sports... i.e. Ryan Grant last year...

Teams can maneuver 'physicals' to fit their agenda, for example, stash a guy on the PUP for the extra roster spot, etc. If they want TW to pass a physical, he'll pass a physical.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

True but not LT. I've read to death in the S Florida papers that they are rebuilding.  So the combination of the two points make me wonder.  Also I've read enough how much they are excited about their first rounder that I think there is zero chance they will offer it.  It doesn't seem lost on them that it could end up a top 3 pick.  they do have two 2nd rounders. I'd bet the ceiling in a deal with them is one of those two 2nd rounders and change. 

Good USA Today article on the rumor. 

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/14/report-the-dolphins-inquired-about-washington-lt-trent-williams/

1 minute ago, JaxJoe said:

And so it makes sense why Miami called. And it also makes sense to assume this won’t be pursued much further than a phone call.

thanks, it made some of the same points that I was suggesting.  

As for some of the sidebar Bruce-Kirk stuff relating to this said by others.  Heck even Jay's brother publicly made fun of the fact that they got so little in return for Kirk.   Hopefully, Bruce learned from it.  Trades haven't been this team's forte.  During Dan's tenure, they've been mostly really really bad.  This is an opportunity to reverse that.  Instead of giving up high picks for a veteran who is likely going to flop for whatever reason.  We'd be in the driver's seat for a change getting a high pick or two.

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The draft has the potential to be special at WR and really good at LT.  Having 2 first rounders is tailored made for the future.  I just don't think Trent (based on age and his lack of durability) to be part of the future.  If I recall Chris Samuels who likewise seemed like a rock at LT for a long time lasted only one more year then Trent's current status.  

Chris Samuels had to retire early due to a diagnosis of spinal stinosis, a narrowing the of spinal canal that could have cause major issues had he been hit the wrong way

Aside from that, I think he could have played much longer

Archived