Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

5 hours ago, volsmet said:

We drafted him to play tackle & had to move him off of rt in about 3 days.

I thought the reason was that everything seemed to click with Moses at RT, so moving Sherff to RG seemed the logical way to go. And it has turned out more than alright in my opinion. 

HTTR 

6 hours ago, markmills67 said:

I thought the reason was that everything seemed to click with Moses at RT, so moving Sherff to RG seemed the logical way to go. And it has turned out more than alright in my opinion. 

HTTR 

Moses got moved in the day J.J. Watt was coming to town for our week of practices. Long got moved out & it was soon clear that Morgan had developed significantly & was a far better tackle than Scherff & it was equally clear that Scherff was a far better guard than Long. We intended to draft our RT at 5, but Kerrigan made a joke of him & we didn’t want him taking on J.J. Watt ...enough had been seen to know he couldn’t handle RT. He took all of his snaps at RT initially, it was brutal.

I just dont get why this is so difficult for so many fans to get.  Trent isnt sitting out because he wants a few million more, but that seems to be the nice little punching bag people are making up to for some reason make an inept front office and management look better.

Trent is sitting out because for years already hes probably been thinking about life after football, and by all appearances when he had what could have been a life threatening medical condition, Redskins training staff lied to him about it, and put his life at risk for the sake of a better season for Jay and Bruces jobs.  To find out how casually they treated his life probably set him off.  His wife was probably and still is livid about it, as is the rest of his family, as would be ANY of you that had an employer do such a thing. It scared him, it scared them, and showed him just how little the organization cared about him.  Its insane the number of people on here that are going "hes so selfish", but then again, its been a delusional bunch for some time now...

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

I just dont get why this is so difficult for so many fans to get.  Trent isnt sitting out because he wants a few million more, but that seems to be the nice little punching bag people are making up to for some reason make an inept front office and management look better.

Trent is sitting out because for years already hes probably been thinking about life after football, and by all appearances when he had what could have been a life threatening medical condition, Redskins training staff lied to him about it, and put his life at risk for the sake of a better season for Jay and Bruces jobs.  To find out how casually they treated his life probably set him off.  His wife was probably and still is livid about it, as is the rest of his family, as would be ANY of you that had an employer do such a thing. It scared him, it scared them, and showed him just how little the organization cared about him.  Its insane the number of people on here that are going "hes so selfish", but then again, its been a delusional bunch for some time now...

@Peregrine Have you seen something more concrete about this issue than the rest of us? I am not doubting that there may be a fair amount of Merit to your statement, but mostly all I have read is conjecture based off of one tweet. Could you provide a link to that statement for release? I think it would help all of us have a little firmer grasp of the issue.

12 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

@Peregrine Have you seen something more concrete about this issue than the rest of us? I am not doubting that there may be a fair amount of Merit to your statement, but mostly all I have read is conjecture based off of one tweet. Could you provide a link to that statement for release? I think it would help all of us have a little firmer grasp of the issue.

The original report by Jason La Canfora. Outside of that many have completely ignored that info and just assumed it's about the money. 

There is a very interesting situation playing out among posters here. So many are accusing Trent of being money hungry without any info. When someone says it's about medical concerns people ask for 100% certain evidence. Shouldn't we be holding the 'Trent is money hungry' group to the same standard? 

As it stands the only person that seems to know everything is Bruce Allen, who has only chosen to let us know that he knows. I guess if you trust Bruce to be a straight up guy who typically solves these problems then everything will be okay...

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

You start off your post as if things are so obvious only a moron would not understand and then you went full QAnon on us. 

Your theory could be right but saying that the team lied to the player just so he would stay on the field is quite an accusation without any facts to back it up.

If that did happen he will most certainly never play here again and I would expect to see a grievance filed and we will probably lose a draft pick or suffer some sort of consequences as a team.  You could probably even make an argument for criminal charges to be filed against the team for the cover-up. 

That would be a scandal of epic proportions, maybe we should wait for some facts before we get too crazy.

5 hours ago, volsmet said:

We intended to draft our RT at 5, but Kerrigan made a joke of him & we didn’t want him taking on J.J. Watt ...enough had been seen to know he couldn’t handle RT. He took all of his snaps at RT initially, it was brutal.

True.

Not sure that **** should necessarily stick forever though. To discount Scherff having any kind of future at tackle could be harsh based on his initial reps in the pro game. 

3 hours ago, Peregrine said:

sources for ANY of that?

Damnit, i wanted to put in a gif but don't know how.

Not sure why people are advocating moving Scherff to T. He is one of the best Gs in football. Could he play tackle now? Maybe. But not as well as G and that's where is comfortable now. If it's because people think it's easier to find a G than T, well maybe for most teams. But we have not had an even average LG for quite a few years. Unless one of the guys drafted turn out to be starters, or Ereck Flowers turns into one, they wil lstill be looknig for a LG. 

And it;'s not as easy as people think for a player to change positions. Could he do it? Possibly. Would he be good? Possibly. Would he as good a T as he is G? Very unlikely. So you move him over and you very likely weaken both positions. Not a good move at all. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

True.

Not sure that **** should necessarily stick forever though. To discount Scherff having any kind of future at tackle could be harsh based on his initial reps in the pro game. 

Imo, he was always an atrocious OT prospect, what Barnett did to him in the bowl game crossed the line. There was no reason to treat a fellow human that way.

8 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Suck it up buttercups:

Scherff Flowers Chase Catalina Moses

Fantasy Land:

Trent Martin Chase Scherff Moses

Realistic:

Catalina Flowers Chase Scherff Moses

Week 10:

Wallace Foster Pierschbacher Sprinkle Bergy

Randy, I bet you yourself fit into one of those scenarios.

55 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

sources for ANY of that?

Damnit, i wanted to put in a gif but don't know how.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

You know what I love about this thread?...I can remove myself from it for weeks on end, and when I return not one single fact has been added to the discussion lol...there's no catching up to do. It's like I never left.

I know right? it's like people trying to plan things around the weather on a future date.

Why go off these half-arse 'projections' when you can just wait until the day and look outside?

Seriously though, this is a message board. Almost all topics are about what could happen, not what has happened. We talk about projected stats, who will be drafted, who will be signed/resigned, starting lineups, roster compensation, etc... It would be a pretty dull place if threads only posted what happened with no opinion attached to it. 

What would a fact based thread look like? 

Subject: 1 + 1 = 2

How would someone even reply to that? 

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

You know what I love about this thread?...I can remove myself from it for weeks on end, and when I return not one single fact has been added to the discussion lol...there's no catching up to do. It's like I never left.

We can only report facts that are out there.

You want more facts on TW ? He took a massive dump the other day, that was in proportion to his 300+ pound size.

That's all we got.

9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Haven't you heard? The Houston Texans haven't said anything, so they're clearly bidding on Trent Williams even though he isn't reported to be on the trading block. I hear the Texans are willing to give up 3 2nd round picks that they haven't offered in the trade deal that hasn't been discussed for the player who isn't being traded.

21 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Haven't you heard? The Houston Texans haven't said anything, so they're clearly bidding on Trent Williams even though he isn't reported to be on the trading block.

Exactly, the silence is golden from the Texans, and speaks volumes.

Absolutely no statements of denial about their desire and plan to trade for him. Lack of denial shouts interest in the deal, clearly.

15 hours ago, Califan007 said:

☝️Agree.  It's unbelievable.  But, I think Peregrine's words might begin to support an explanation as to why. 👇

On 6/25/2019 at 2:52 PM, Peregrine said:

...its been a delusional bunch for some time now...

(sorry to omit the rest of your post, Peregrine.  But, those few words are the best and briefest assessment of the fan-base on here that I've ever seen...hence why I haven't posted in years.)

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Haven't you heard? The Houston Texans haven't said anything, so they're clearly bidding on Trent Williams even though he isn't reported to be on the trading block. I hear the Texans are willing to give up 3 2nd round picks that they haven't offered in the trade deal that hasn't been discussed for the player who isn't being traded.

Houston has made several offers to Washington over the last couple years. It never fails that forum goers with sensitive egos mock those who dare to care and share information they get from people connected to these teams... even more connected than your beloved beat reporters. Oh silly ESers & their sauce-envy.

Poor Nicky, I’ll get you a t-shirt.

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Exactly, the silence is golden from the Texans, and speaks volumes.

Absolutely no statements of denial about their desire and plan to trade for him. Lack of denial shouts interest in the deal, clearly.

Intelligent.

There are a few facts that matter.

1.  Bruce Allen knew about TW grievance long before the media got hold of it.

2.  Bruce Allen hired a Consulting Firm to evaluate deficiencies in the Medical/Training Program.

3.  TW has verified that he's not happy with Redskins Medical.  (Moses relayed the message TW told to teammates.)

Likelihood that TW team is holding out for concessions to the situation.  What are they?  Who knows.  It's speculation.  I think those are the only facts thus far.

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Houston has made several offers to Washington over the last couple years. It never fails that forum goers with sensitive egos mock those who dare to care and share information they get from people connected to these teams... even more connected than your beloved beat reporters. Oh silly ESers & their sauce-envy.

Poor Nicky, I’ll get you a t-shirt. 

That would be pretty fitting. "I waited over the last couple years for a trade with Houston but all I got was this lousy t-shirt".

Just now, NickyJ said:

That would be pretty fitting. "I waited over the last couple years for the Houston trade to finally come through but all I got was this lousy t-shirt".

If Washington was bright enough to trade Trent a year ago, as they should have, I’d get you a better shirt, but as is, I’ll have that one made up for you.

Archived