Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Just now, Redskinscub said:

He has been a great Redskins but he cannot stay healthy or stay out of the weed patch. Time to cut the cord.

He won't miss a game in 2020 if he's on another NFL team. How many oft injured guys here go on to prosper somewhere else?

I am holding out hope that Trent is frustrated over all the injuries to the team every season, and as a designated leader of the roster, perhaps he feels he is in a position to voice the concerns of many?  Not sure how much hope I am holding on that.....maybe a sliver?

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am holding out hope that Trent is frustrated over all the injuries to the team every season, and as a designated leader of the roster, perhaps he feels he is in a position to voice the concerns of many?  Not sure how much hope I am holding on that.....maybe a sliver?

This would make him the ultimate team leader and he would earn so much more respect (if that were even possible) in my eyes

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This is a hell of a way to go about it, if that’s the motive. 

2 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

This would make him the ultimate team leader and he would earn so much more respect (if that were even possible) in my eyes

I completely disagree. I don't think that's what this is, but if it is this is just like Swearinger mouthing off to the media 6-8 times as our defensive captain. If you want to lead and get the other players' backs, do it BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. 

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I completely disagree. I don't think that's what this is, but if it is this is just like Swearinger mouthing off to the media 6-8 times as our defensive captain. If you want to lead and get the other players' backs, do it BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. 

I am not saying whether it is right or wrong, just saying I am hoping this is more what it is than him actually wanting to leave the team.   

Why in the world does Jay constantly have to face the media over and over, on issues that are completely out of his control??

It was refreshing to hear on 980 this afternoon, that I am not the only one bewildered at the notion that Jay is best to handle the media storm for all that ails this teams image.

They did say Jay had clearly been consulted, that today's presser was very different than yesterdays.

Prediction: Doug will be trotted out tomorrow to give Jay a day off. #WhereIsWyllie?

I 100000% believe him and support him in whatever move he decides to make.  Redskins medical staff has looked funny in the light for years.  Trent is a first-ballot HOFer and it's going to stink to see him in a different jersey due to probable ineptitude from the medical staff in RP.  But I understand. 

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

How long has this been going on?  Say this hypothetical is correct, who allowed it to spill out into the open?  If it wasn't Trent's side who leaked it (again, in this hypothetical) would your opinion stay the same?

3 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

How long has this been going on?  Say this hypothetical is correct, who allowed it to spill out into the open?  If it wasn't Trent's side who leaked it (again, in this hypothetical) would your opinion stay the same?

If the Redskins leaked it, I would change my stance to:

The Redskins mishandled an immature action by one of their "team leaders"

To me, no matter what, holding out and HURTING THE TEAM is never the action of a leader. Speak up to Dan Snyder. Organize a group of veterans to talk to Bruce Allen. Start refusing to see the doctors. Whatever...you can stand up for your teammates and be an activist without harming the team you play on. 

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

If the Redskins leaked it, I would change my stance to:

The Redskins mishandled an immature action by one of their "team leaders"

To me, no matter what, holding out and HURTING THE TEAM is never the action of a leader. Speak up to Dan Snyder. Organize a group of veterans to talk to Bruce Allen. Start refusing to see the doctors. Whatever...you can stand up for your teammates and be an activist without harming the team you play on. 

I agree, my first thought was "How could Trent be trying to hurt the team like this?"  Like NoCalMike was saying, I'm trying to find the best possible scenario where one of my favorite players doesn't look as bad as the reports are making it out to be

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for that Warren Sharp tweet posted a few posts above, not saying he's wrong, but boy does he love to pound the Redskins.  He thinks they are poor at using analytics as to acquiring talent and ditto as to play calling -- now he's pounding them on the injuries.  He worships the Eagles as analytic maestros.    Football Outsiders guys feel ditto about the Redskins and also often worship the Eagles.

I mean, he's not wrong. Sharp is one of the best out there, and many guys who have worked for teams say that he should be working for a team. Honestly he probably makes more money doing this, but still. 

3 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

I agree, my first thought was "How could Trent be trying to hurt the team like this?"  Like NoCalMike was saying, I'm trying to find the best possible scenario where one of my favorite players doesn't look as bad as the reports are making it out to be

Makes sense and I understand that!

I'm already of the mindset that we have a new batch of young leaders on this team. Between the defensive linemen, Guice, and Haskins...why not just sell off some of the older parts and re-brand behind the youth? We spent high picks on most of those guys, so whether they fail or succeed we will be giving them the next 3-5 years to make something happen. By then, Williams, Kerrigan, and that crew will be expensive and washed up or already out of the league. 

So, at the first sign of something like this, I'd take the pick or younger player in return for Williams and move forward knowing it's a transition year. 

Sign Penn ASAP and get whatever we can for Williams, a good WR would be great. We all know Trent wasn’t playing 16 games this year anyways. A lot of our injuries last year were just really unlucky, JJ watt falling on top of you or Guice tearing his ACL has nothing to do with the training staff. 

Archived