Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

11 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Shhhhh it’s more fun to complain about how dysfunctional we are.

I think if you’re looking at the teams we play based on last year then you’re doing yourself a great disservice. If you don’t think you’re getting a better Buffalo team, a better Packers team, a better Jets team and a better Niners team then enjoy the season.

6 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

If Jacoby can't get into the HOF..Trent doesn't have a chance. I don't remember Jake missing a snap much less a history like Trent...Just sayin

Jacoby didn't play a full 16 games in 6 of his 13 seasons. He started 148/170 games, made 4 pro bowls and was an All pro 2 times

Trent didn't play a full 16 games in 7 of his 9 seasons. He started 119/120 games, made 7 pro bowls and was not an All pro. 

Personally both should make it, but it's not like Jacoby never missed time due to injury and I do think Trents 7 probowls will factor in. Everyone regards the Eagles Jason Peters as a sure fire HOFer. Trent's career is a lot closer than Peters. 

9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The QB position makes it tough to predict a 10 win season. If Alex Smith were slated to be the starter, I’m all in.

I like you really like the roster as a whole and believe the Skins have been getting it right in regards to personnel and overall organizational stability. 

I certainly am not predicting it. It’s entirely conceivable that Colt gets hurt, Case is who he’s been most of his career, and Haskins isn’t ready. But we were a 10 win team last year with middling QB play, so expecting Colt/Case to duplicate that isn’t out of the realm. And I think the supporting cast is only growing and getting better which lessens the burden of the QB which was my main point. That and the fact Trent would be a major asset to our team right now, but trading him won’t sink us and may actually be the more strategic long term decision. 

One of the best OL's we ever had is going to get traded for a 4th or 5th round pick. Let that sink in for a minute. Either the Redskins are going to trade him for practically nothing (4th or 5th rounder from a playoff contender) or they'll be stubborn and do nothing which in turn, he'll sit the entire year. The ending of this disaster won't sit well with the players either because Trent is looked up to as a leader throughout the locker room. The only thing the Redskins have done right in this situation is sign Penn, it had to be done. I'll always respect Trent and root for him as long as he doesn't go to an NFC East team. 

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

One of the best OL's we ever had is going to get traded for a 4th or 5th round pick. Let that sink in for a minute. Either the Redskins are going to trade him for practically nothing (4th or 5th rounder from a playoff contender) or they'll be stubborn and do nothing which in turn, he'll sit the entire year. The ending of this disaster won't sit well with the players either because Trent is looked up to as a leader throughout the locker room. The only thing the Redskins have done right in this situation is sign Penn, it had to be done. I'll always respect Trent and root for him as long as he doesn't go to an NFC East team. 

A 4th? I’ve heard it all. If we trade Trent for a 4th I’m getting fire Bruce Allen tattooed on my forehead.

10 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

I certainly am not predicting it. It’s entirely conceivable that Colt gets hurt, Case is who he’s been most of his career, and Haskins isn’t ready. But we were a 10 win team last year with middling QB play, so expecting Colt/Case to duplicate that isn’t out of the realm. And I think the supporting cast is only growing and getting better which lessens the burden of the QB which was my main point. That and the fact Trent would be a major asset to our team right now, but trading him won’t sink us and may actually be the more strategic long term decision. 

We were a 10 win team last year?  That's weird, I thought we only won 7 games.  

2 hours ago, Unbias said:

Would you prefer your wife go to social media, hold a press conference and/or use a 3rd party (agent) to openly communicate exactly why she's angry at you? 

According to Bruce Allen (BTW, in your example you are Bruce Allen) he knew the truth in early June.

I'll try to make it a realistic comparison to your situation. Your wife told you she's pretty mad about something. You ignored it for almost 2 months and now the kids are trying to figure out why she's not around. Your solution is to be real quite and bring in short term girlfriends (Corey Robinson and Donald Penn). 

How's that sound? Does it still fit the 'wife joke'? 

Well if my mail order bride (which I paid damn good money for) doesn’t show up for the annual family reunion in Richmond and leaves me having to answer for her, I’m not going be happy.

And who cares if I get a little on the side from Donald Penn? I’m a grown man, I have needs damnit!!

9 minutes ago, drowland said:

We were a 10 win team last year?  That's weird, I thought we only won 7 games.  

We've been a 10 win team!!!!

three times!!!....

in the past 20 years.....

And we've never had more than 10 wins in a season...

And our last playoff win was in 2005...

giphy.gif

if he really is being shopped and the Pats really are interested, I'd go straight up for this stud, receiver.  I kid 😀

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001037736/article/nfl-training-camp-winnerslosers-seven-rookies-creating-a-buzz

Maurice Harris, wide receiver, New England Patriots: File the following under sentences I never expected to writeMaurice Harris has been talked up as the best receiver in New England's camp by nearly every Patriots beat writer, with Greg Bedard of Boston Sports Journal saying it's by a "good margin." That doesn't bode well for the strength of the group as a whole, but it's not too early to expect Harris, the undrafted former Redskins receiver, to have a role on Sundays in the autumn.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If that's so ridiculous I'd like to hear your opinion on what he'll net us

Considering he's older, breaking down, has two years remaining on his deal and is a joint away from missing an entire season: a second, tops. A fourth or a fifth? Better to let him sit home, get high and fart in his couch cushions. Even the most pessimistic fans or enemies of Brucie wouldn't think he'd get just cab fare for Smokey.

i think everybody loses if Trent leaves.  Trent, although he doesn’t like the medical staff, he did like being a Redskin, but no more.  The Redskin fans won’t be able to enjoy watching him play anymore.  The team that gets Trent, most likely in a new system, gets Trent, who is past his prime and probably disgruntled.  Bruce Allen looks like an egomaniac, and a cancer.

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

i think everybody loses if Trent leaves.  Trent, although he doesn’t like the medical staff, he did like being a Redskin, but no more.  The Redskin fans won’t be able to enjoy watching him play anymore.  The team that gets Trent, most likely in a new system, gets Trent, who is past his prime and probably disgruntled.  Bruce Allen looks like an egomaniac, and a cancer.

If Trent left he'd get: 

- A raise in the form of guaranteed money and more potential money

- A chance at a Superbowl

If anything this makes the Redskins lose worse. It shows the grass is greener with another team. All they have to do is hold out. 

40 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Not to be a Debbie downer but how are we deeper at QB this year? 

We are a LOT deeper than we were last year.

2019: Keenum\Haskins\McCoy

2018: Smith\McCoy\and then signing Sanchez and Jonson off the street

2019 we have a good starter, a rookie with HUGE upside and a capable backup

2018 we had a capable starter and a capable backup and nothing else

I'll take 2019 every day

40 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Also, a lot had to go right for us to be where we were last year with Alex healthy. We didn’t have any major injury concerns until then, AP was playing at a level that’s sort of unreasonable to expect, especially with no LG or LT. Guice hasn’t proven anything to where we can anoint him a stud RB. Everything else is pretty much the same. We had a ton of fortunate turnovers early on the season and played a bunch of teams early that were awful. When we played legit clubs we got blown out of the water. 6 of our first 8 games this year are against tough opponents and one of the two easy ones is a division rival in NY.

forgive my pessimism but I don’t see us coming out of that stretch any better than 3-5 if we’re lucky.

You bring up legit teams vs non legit teams last year... I really think the schedule lines up nicely for us this year.

Division Games:
Cowboys - We always play them tough. Always.   I say we split
Giants- ...are a mess.  We sweep
Philly - I say we drop the opener in their stadium but when they come to town week 15 we beat them.  why?  Cuz their QB is Peanut Butter.  Brittle.  We can beat traitor Nate.

Thats 4-2 in the division

NFC Conference games:
Chicago Bears - While I think we can compete, I'll give them the edge.  Loss
San Francisco 49ers - Who do they have again?  Win
at Minnesota Vikings - If this was home, I'd say win.  But since we are there, I'll give it to them.  But then again, Cousins does choke in big games.  I'll be conservative and say lose.
Detroit Lions - Nothing about them scares me.  Win
at Carolina Panthers -  We beat them last year, no reason to think we cant do it again.  Win
at Green Bay Packers - "Green Bay in December?  Yeah right!" you say.  "Rodgers has missed like 40 games in the past 3 seasons" I say.  (ok, it was like, 9 games).  Honestly we have a shot.  They have no defense, there running game doesnt scare me and they have nobody outside of Adams to catch the ball.  And if Rodgers doesnt play...   But I'll be conservative again and say lose.

That's 3-3 vs the rest of the NFC

AFC Conferene games:
New England Patriots - Revenge game for Trent.  Lose
at Miami Dolphins - Ryan Fitzpatrick is currently the favorite to win the Job.  Ryan. Fitzpatrick.  They just had their assistant head coach pack it in for the year.  They are by far the worst team in the league and may not win a game.
at Buffalo Bills - Maybe a 5 win team.  We got this
New York Jets - Another crap team for the Pats to feast on.  Win

That is 3-1 vs the AFC

Add it up and thats a 10 win season right there.    And there are 2 or 3 toss up games that I have as lose to balance out the upsets that may occur in the games marked as a win.

39 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Every year had different positions of strength. From there that's only a prospect ranking, meaning after 3 years we'll see if those prospects are good or bad. Either way no team should plan on starting a rookie, because they just are unsure if the player will be able to transition to the next level. 

If we draft a tackle in 2020 I hope it's not to start in 2020. I'd prefer them to sign someone now, who can play the role and continue to add players in the draft based on them being the best player available regardless of position. 

For example, in the back half of the first round we might have a Sean Taylor type safety that fell to us. Passing up on higher ranked prospects to fill a gap is a strategy reserved for bad teams. 

Which is exactly what happened to us.  :(

Don't get me wrong, Payne has shown himself to be very solid and looks to have a bright future. But we passed on a freakish guy in James who ended up being exactly the kind of game-changing player many of us thought he would be. We passed on All-Pro talent to fill a need. 

Just now, Unbias said:

If Trent left he'd get: 

- A raise in the form of guaranteed money and more potential money

- A chance at a Superbowl

If anything this makes the Redskins lose worse. It shows the grass is greener with another team. All they have to do is hold out. 

If he does go to the Patriots, when has Bellichick ever been in the habit of advocating paying big dollars and extensions to breaking-down guys over 30? SB? Possibly, but not a big payday.

51 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Were being slept on I’m telling you. It was a 10 win team last year it it weren’t for 20 players on offense going on IR. We are only more talented and some of these young guys are only going to get better. Even still,  my biggest gripe to date with the current regime is short sightedness. Trading Trent shows a long term outlook, but that doesn’t mean the team is folding and will pack it in this year. Penn was a great stopgap solution and we can still compete with him manning the left side. No one player swings a teams chances like that outside of maybe QB. I’m only trading him for a first. Again, HOF tackles still in their prime don’t go for mid rounders. People are crazy.

I prefer you to be right. I'm seeing a high of six wins and part of me sees four. Part of it is that I just don't trust either Jay or Greg as play callers. I think our potential will exceed our record by a couple of games.

6 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Considering he's older, breaking down, has two years remaining on his deal and is a joint away from missing an entire season: a second, tops. A fourth or a fifth? Better to let him sit home, get high and fart in his couch cushions. Even the most pessimistic fans or enemies of Brucie wouldn't think he'd get just cab fare for Smokey.

😂

I think a 2nd is fair value for both sides and personally that's what I think he's worth as well. He's not worth a 1st anymore due to age and durability. I'm saying a 4th because we have zero leverage, Trent has upset King Bruce and he's likely going to get traded no matter what because of it. They cut DJ Swearinger last year after a great season, he was playing like a top safety and we just released him with no compensation. What makes you think they'll be able to snag a good trade for Trent? 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

😂

I think a 2nd is fair value for both sides and personally that's what I think he's worth as well. He's not worth a 1st anymore due to age and durability. I'm saying a 4th because we have zero leverage, Trent has upset King Bruce and he's likely going to get traded no matter what because of it. They cut DJ Swearinger last year after a great season, he was playing like a top safety and we just released him with no compensation. What makes you think they'll be able to snag a good trade for Trent? 

Unfortunately I have to agree with the possibility that we'll get peanuts for him, especially if Bruce lets his ego get in the way and there's nobody else there to check him. 

I wouldn't accept less than a 2nd for Trent. I'd prefer a 2nd plus a player. A 1st isn't likely but if there are multiple teams involved then I suppose it's possible. But it would need to be a team that's panicking a bit. NE doesn't panic; I see almost no way they give up a 1st for TW. 

Archived