Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Which begs the question of how we went into the season with Christian as the leading candidate for backup LT.  Nsekhe walks, ok fine, it's business.  But then they just say "oh well, we'll just have to make do." 

I agree I was pissed we let Nsekhe go. The Skins would have more leverage if they still had him.

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I continue to very glad that posts/posters on ES have no impact on actual decisions taken by the Redskins. 

Imagine drafting a rookie QB with limited College starting experience high with a group of receivers who struggle to get separation/win at the LOS and then trading away your Pro Bowl LT with absolutely no viable depth behind him (which is a problem in itself given Trent’s injury history). What could possibly go wrong ...

Schreff is not moving to LT.

Sounds like a perfect scenario to throw Case Keenum out there into the fire imo. If Trent is gone and Scherff isn't moving to LT we better hope Geron Christian is ready to suit up. The Redskins cannot afford to even pay Trent what he will be asking, so much of our money is going towards our QB with a bionic leg. 

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I continue to very glad that posts/posters on ES have no impact on actual decisions taken by the Redskins. 

Imagine drafting a rookie QB with limited College starting experience high with a group of receivers who struggle to get separation/win at the LOS and then trading away your Pro Bowl LT with absolutely no viable depth behind him (which is a problem in itself given Trent’s injury history). What could possibly go wrong ...

Schreff is not moving to LT.

I continue to see why I am glad that ES moderators have no impact on actual decisions taken by the Redskins. Trent throwing a tantrum is not worth giving him extra money when he more than likely wont be healthy enough to see the field for more than half the games this year. That is not money well spent. Trade him, and draft a LT next year. They have time now to shuffle the pieces.  This is not THE YEAR anyway. Next year might be a different story.

This is dirty business by Trent.  He knew with Ty gone he was going to do this.  Trade him if he doesn't want to play out his current deal and sign the best available FA OT on the market.  I can't stand players that don't honor the contracts they sign!

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I agree I was pissed we let Nsekhe go. The Skins would have more leverage if they still had him.

I guess the question is, what's better?

Trent Williams at $14.7 million in 2019 and 2020

+

Ty Nsekhe at $5 million in 2019 and 2020 (deal he got with the Bills)

OR

Trent Williams at $14.7 million in 2019 and 2020

+

Ereck Flowers at $3.2 million in 2019 

It's a savings of $6.8 million over 2 years, but only a $1.8 million savings in 2019.  Personally, I think it's tough to pay a back-up the money Ty got on the open market, but I think you do it to prevent this exact situation.  Plus, swing tackle is so important for us with the constant injuries our OT's are battling through and us having a rookie QB (which we knew we were going to draft regardless if Haskins fell or not).  We should have had more foresight and re-signed Ty.  The extra $1.8 million cost in 2019 would be more than worth it.

12 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

I continue to see why I am glad that ES moderators have no impact on actual decisions taken by the Redskins. Trent throwing a tantrum is not worth giving him extra money when he more than likely wont be healthy enough to see the field for more than half the games this year. That is not money well spent. Trade him, and draft a LT next year. They have time now to shuffle the pieces.  This is not THE YEAR anyway. Next year might be a different story.

Moderators have no rank when it comes to posting our thoughts on pro personnel decisions. Ours are just as stupid as yours.

And the good news is both your thoughts on this and mine plus $5 gets us a Latte at Starbucks.

14 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Sounds like a perfect scenario to throw Case Keenum out there into the fire imo. 

Yep. And then when Christian (who is still recovering from MCL surgery and was not at OTAs) whiffs on a block we can wheel out Colt.

But when Colt goes down the week after - then what? 

You keep Haskins under wraps sign a street free agent and essentially mail in the season?

Thats not how any of this works.

This whole business strategy by NFL players is getting tiresome, I mean how many more millions of dollars do you need? I guess my pedestrian ass will never understand. Another reason I am starting to be more invested in hockey, a superstar player like Ovechkin would never do this. 

10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Yep. And then when Christian (who is still recovering from MCL surgery and was not at OTAs) whiffs on a block we can wheel out Colt.

But when Colt goes down the week after - then what? 

You keep Haskins under wraps sign a street free agent and essentially mail in the season?

When you get dealt a ****ty hand no scenario really looks appealing. The offense is going to have to be tailored to having a horrible offensive line. Lots of quick short passes, and run heavy. It's going to be ugly, it always was going to be ugly this year honestly. I think trading Trent is the best option simply because it sends the wrong message to agents, the team, and the NFL if we cave. He already has guaranteed money coming his way and is highly paid. It's a bit ridiculous of Trent to be making contract demands wouldn't say?

16 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Right. The way it probably works is you are polite to Trent and tell the agent that he's crazy. Tell him that Trent is going to be 31 before the season starts and even if, when healthy, he's been better than the small handful of guys paid more than him, that he's been missing 1/4 of the season for the last few years. Tell him that when Trent does play, he's often not his former dominant self, because he has long standing knee issues that aren't going to get better with time. Tell him that if he wants a pay raise, he needs to stay healthy for 14-16 games. Or, even give him a health/playing time related bonus. No guaranteed money. 

8 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

When you get dealt a ****ty hand no scenario really looks appealing. The offense is going to have to be tailored to having a horrible offensive line. Lots of quick short passes, and run heavy. It's going to be ugly, it always was going to be ugly this year honestly. I think trading Trent is the best option simply because it sends the wrong message to agents, the team, and the NFL if we cave. He already has guaranteed money coming his way and is highly paid. It's a bit ridiculous of Trent to be making contract demands wouldn't say?

Also, if we cave, I am going to be in disbelief that we cut Swearinger, essentially for voicing a correct opinion about our DC, and then rewarded Trent for behavior that is more damaging to the team, holding the team over the flames when we need him to show up and protect our rookie QB just because other guys are hurt. With our lack of depth at LB, should SDH hold out? If two DL go down, should the rest hold out for more money? Trent has played well and has been well rewarded. Someone else posted that he's made 95 million over his career. ****ing show up for work. 

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just hold firm if you are the Skins. Trent isnt no showing on 13 million bucks. It might be a blessing in disguise if he misses most of training camp. At least he will go into the season healthy for once.

This is what I agree with. I’d like Trent to at least go through TC but with his injury history it may be best to keep out. It is agreeable to consider trading  a 30+ year vet who’s oft injured but for what?  A second rounder? Then, we’d have to use a 1st in the 2020 draft while playing with a 2nd tier LT this year. Nope. Stick with TW at least this season as he is still under contract. 

However, it could end up favorable for both sides if we can lower his future cap hit while putting more cash in his pocket up front. Isn't that how most contract extensions work?

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Bam there you go.. there's the team I was thinking of with a receiver we could really use.. it would also be cool as **** to see Trent Williams blocking for Kirk again

I see Diggs as a poor man's Jerry Jeudy, so it would be cool to be able to trade for him and then draft Trent's replacement in the 1st round in 2020.  No way Minnesota does it though.

Trent wants a new deal.  In other news, water is wet, the sun rises in the east, Trent misses 4 games, and I want a threesome woth Sophie Turner, Elelia Clarke and Maisie Williams. 

Trent might be my favorite Redskin, or close to it, but I wouldn’t give him a big new deal

at this age.  The Patriots would not.

I would like to know from a medical standpoint what the diagnosis is on Trent's knee and if the doctors believe he can play another 4 years.

If he gets a clean diagnosis then sign him, if not then you can't do it.  My gut tells me something is pushing him to do this and we don't know the entire story, I wouldn't be surprised if Trent knows his knee is fragile and he is looking for protection in case it gives in.

Something is going on because it's not like him to hardball the team like this, he's either pissed off or scared of something.

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Trent wants a new deal.  In other news, water is wet, the sun rises in the east, Trent misses 4 games, and I want a threesome woth Sophie Turner, Elelia Clarke and Maisie Williams. 

Ummmm...isn't that a foursome?

36 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Here is an interesting stat for those that say Trent is under payed. He has the 52nd highest cap hit in the league this season. Does anyone think he is the 52nd best player in the NFL right now? 

I would say that's pretty much exactly where he is as a healthy player. 

Archived