Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So if he has a legitimate gripe with his medical care, he’s the a-hole here?  Because he should have been so kind to the team as to make his decision prompt so they can prepare?

Fandom is wild.

If he has a legitimate gripe, let it be known. You have an issue with the team, fine, he has every right to have his demands. But what he did was basically **** all over his teammates because of it. They didn't do anything wrong. He wants to prove a point by weakening his team then he's basically telling his teammates "Sorry guys, but I don't care if we win or lose because I didn't like how they handled my injuries." Letting it be known early doesn't change the seriousness of his concerns. 

44 minutes ago, teamcal00 said:

This is not going to end well. I don't see any way back from this, I think he'll be traded. The timing of Trent's decision shows a bogus underlying motive. This is simply a tactic to get more money, plain and simple. I cannot imagine a scenario where we would let go of Ty and not be more aggressive through either the draft or free agency in addressing the left tackle position if we knew this was his stance prior to. He knows he has Us by the balls and is extorting the organization for more money. If he gets traded, he's going to get paid more regardless , so either way he wins and gets paid more money.

And WE win with Draft Picks commensurate with his career OR he sits out and loses 13-14mil AT LEAST. Put him on did not report to camp and use his 13mil cap

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If he has a legitimate gripe, let it be known. You have an issue with the team, fine, he has every right to have his demands. But what he did was basically **** all over his teammates because of it. They didn't do anything wrong. He wants to prove a point by weakening his team then he's basically telling his teammates "Sorry guys, but I don't care if we win or lose because I didn't like how they handled my injuries." Letting it be known early doesn't change the seriousness of his concerns. 

That’s the thing though, we literally have no idea what has transpired between the team and Trent.  Perhaps the team has known and it merely became a public issue because of the timing.  Perhaps Trent recently got information that makes him feel this way.  We have no idea.

What we do know is that the franchise pro bowl mainstay that’s been lauded for being a great leader is at odds with the team over something.

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I am all about bashing Bruce and company, however the narrative that they don't address the OL and DL are both out of date and tired at this point.

The 'Skins DID actually draft a couple of OL in THIS draft, but it was the back part of the draft.  They also drafted OL in the last several drafts.

In fact, the entire OL has been drafted at this point assuming Martin starts at LG, which seems to be the plan::  Williams, Martin, Rouille, Scherff and Moses.

Also, none of them except for Williams is over 30.

I think this is just picking at something to pick at something.  There are plenty of things to fault management for, this doesn't seem to be one of them. 

Yes, they did draft OL at the back of the draft, apparently Snyder thinks of the OL as an afterthought.  It is as if 2017 & 2018 never happened.

As for the DL, why do you bring them into the discussion they aren't going to be opening any holes or protecting whoever the Skins play at QB.

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The problem with Trent going public with a trade demand is that it automatically lowers his value because any trade partner is going to know the Redskins front office is trading out of necessity involving a player who might just sit at home if he isn't traded.   Trent Williams is a perennial pro bowler, if the team is actually considering trading him I don't want to see something dumb like a 2nd round pick. 

Why should Trent care for how much the team gets in a trade for him? On the contrary, if he makes a bigger deal out of it and makes his trade value cheaper, more teams would be willing to offer something for him. Better teams, winning teams. If he wants out, this is his chance to get out.

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can’t for the life of me understand having any ounce of respect for some doofus that made a good investment and makes himself a ton of money all the while being really poor at his job.

I can't defend Dan, we have to get some more facts so we know what we're actually arguing about.  I think it's bedtime.😛

If we get 4th for Trent I would be surprised. We have zero leverage apart from the time on his contract remaining. He's going to be 31 when the season starts and just had a very serious injury last year, and has missed several games. This situation sucks no matter how you slice it

Lets do due diligence and see what kind of offers we get for him? If he wants to Le'veon Bell us and sit out then go for it. We should also take his claims and check them out seriously to see if there's merit to what he says. Trading Trent, imo, wouldn't be a terrible thing if we can get good value for him....BUT, we would need a competent replacement who won't get our QB's broken legs. That will be the challenge. He has had a nice career here but his play has most definitely declined over the past two seasons, when he's even on the field. Who would be interested in him??? We would need their left tackle and a 1st round pick for starters.

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If we get 4th for Trent I would be surprised. We have zero leverage apart from the time on his contract remaining. He's going to be 31 when the season starts and just had a very serious injury last year, and has missed several games. This situation sucks no matter how you slice it

We would call his bluff and let him sit for 2 years rather than trading him away for a 4th. That would be atrocious, I don’t care how much leverage he has. 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

We would call his bluff and let him sit for 2 years rather than trading him away for a 4th. That would be atrocious, I don’t care how much leverage he has. 

Yeah, we're guaranteed to get uneven value. There's absolutely no way I'm giving up a 3rd for Trent Williams on the downswing of his career and with his recent injury history. Especially when I'm trading with the Redskins. 

36 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

These guys make MILLIONS. They can afford to get 2nd opinions and/or HIRE their own doctor. It is THEIR Body..they should act accordingly. If I got an opinion that effected my health significantly..I world corroborate it. We've all done it. I'm callin BS. Just looking for a foil for leverage IMHO

Yeah, and he can make millions working for a different team that has state of the art medical staff and facilities. I know i would.

Fire the doctor he doesn't like and thank Trent for the opportunity to do it.

Man is the best LT in football and fights like hell even when at 80%.

Besides, we lose him, you're just setting up Haskins for failure.  You draft a QB in the first, you make sure your bookends are solid.  Otherwise he's gonna end up with David Carr syndrome.

Pay the man, save the team.

39 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Yes, they did draft OL at the back of the draft, apparently Snyder thinks of the OL as an afterthought.  It is as if 2017 & 2018 never happened.

As for the DL, why do you bring them into the discussion they aren't going to be opening any holes or protecting whoever the Skins play at QB.

I mean, Williams was a 1st, Scherff was a first, Moses was a 3rd, Martin was a 4th... You act as if we're still in the 2000's when they legitimately neglected both lines for basically an entire decade through the draft.

If you move forward to 2010-2019, that's just not the case.  Of course, it would be a shame to let facts get in the way of a good narrative...

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, Williams was a 1st, Scherff was a first, Moses was a 3rd, Martin was a 4th... You act as if we're still in the 2000's when they legitimately neglected both lines for basically an entire decade through the draft.

If you move forward to 2010-2019, that's just not the case.  Of course, it would be a shame to let facts get in the way of a good narrative...

They also drafted an OT last year in the 3rd round. Which I guess qualifies as an "afterthought" to some.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

He had a benign tumor, are you saying the team covered it up or it's acceptable to go off the rails on your employer because at one time you were scared you had a cancerous tumor?  What am I missing?  If they found the tumor during the season and told him not to worry about it then you have a major issue but I haven't heard that being said.

The team has all the risk, what risk do the players have, that they can get cut and picked up 2 days later like Swearinger.

There is a health risk but they know that the day they start playing football, way before they make it to the NFL.

If this were pregnancy, a mother would want maternity leave after giving birth and a father would want paternity leave. It doesn't matter that the hospital visit is done, there is a lot that goes into a drastic life change. Now a brain tumor is a different thing than pregnancy / parenting but it seems like to me the team (or at least the media) just brushed this thing under the rug like, it doesn't matter that you just had this health scare, be in at work when we ask for you. My thoughts were that he may be retiring from the game because this is so serious. Not to mention the CTE stuff that goes along with playing in the NFL, and you have to wonder (especially if you're a player) if that had any impact on this tumor. 

I really wonder if there is a discrepancy between how long (outside) doctors are saying he should rest vs team doctors. Its not like dude broke a nail, he got a tumor removed. 

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Did you watch 2017 & 2018?  Did you process what you saw?  Apparently not, you must think it was merely misfortune that the OL spent most of 2 consecutive seasons on th bench and on crutches. 

The Skins should have drafted like Atlanta did in 2019.

14 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

If this were pregnancy, a mother would want maternity leave after giving birth and a father would want paternity leave. It doesn't matter that the hospital visit is done, there is a lot that goes into a drastic life change. Now a brain tumor is a different thing than pregnancy / parenting but it seems like to me the team (or at least the media) just brushed this thing under the rug like, it doesn't matter that you just had this health scare, be in at work when we ask for you. My thoughts were that he may be retiring from the game because this is so serious. Not to mention the CTE stuff that goes along with playing in the NFL, and you have to wonder (especially if you're a player) if that had any impact on this tumor. 

I really wonder if there is a discrepancy between how long (outside) doctors are saying he should rest vs team doctors. Its not like dude broke a nail, he got a tumor removed. 

It was a brain tumor?...I had read it was a tumor on his head, not on his brain.

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

it was a growth on his head not in his brain

Fed up with the medical staff..... Is that the excuse? Is there  a clause that a player can't get the opinion of a doctor outside of the Redskins medical staff? I know we like to bash Dan the man, but do we honestly think that he would cheap out on making sure the players he is paying millions to don't get good medical treatment. Maybe Dan the man makes enough to where he can afford to not have his investments properly taken care of, not sure I believe that though. Good luck to you Trent, go get paid. 

2 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Did you watch 2017 & 2018?  Did you process what you saw?  Apparently not, you must think it was merely misfortune that the OL spent most of 2 consecutive seasons on th bench and on crutches.

They drafted an OT last year in the 3rd round--one that many here felt could replace Trent down the road and who Cooley was so impressed with his athleticism that he said if needed he could probably play in 2018. He ended up injured. His story was similar to Moses' story in 2014...drafted in the 3rd round, many here felt he could have gone in the 2nd round and was a steal,  proceeded to play poorly his rookie season for the little time he was in and was injured. Next season, came back healthy and literally played so well that moving Scherff to guard was no longer a problem.

Meaning?...you have no clue whatsoever how Geron Christian will end up performing so ****ing about ignoring the OLine right now is little more than an eyeroll-inducing irritation. It's like Marie on Breaking Bad after Hank got shot lol...

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

They also drafted an OT last year in the 3rd round. Which I guess qualifies as an "afterthought" to some.

Yeah, I always forget about Christian because he didn't play at all last year.  But yeah, I think the drafting OL thing should be burried along with the "win the off-season by spending big" thing, but there are some that just can't ignore 2000-2009 even though they can ignore 2010-2019.

As I said before, there are plenty of things to pick at.  This just isn't one of them.

Archived